La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

From today run as about yellow flag status ( happens accidentally ) and the loss of CRB .

That means CRB is always available since you get 3 sec. only for ignoring yellow flags.
Way less than penalties apply in the rain .

PS
Very tired to write about my today activity, ill do it first thing in the morning.

Last edited:
I managed a 4:04.819 but I don't know about a 4:03.:)

And now this.:lol:
Slowest 3rd lap ever. :banghead:
Hope I can still win this race yes I'm doing it now live I have the game on pause while I post this reply.:lol:
Gran Turismo® 7_20230916172917.jpg

Last edited:
Am curious @Chikane_GTR to find out what was the slowest lap ever and for what 🤔
Didn't run Enzo yesterday, i might do it today before time expires ( start of Singapore f1 race !!! )
Did one lap with my new 917 ( stock ) and i was very conservative, rain caught me and the race end at 6th lap.
Run strassenversion twice , first on MT and pull out 4 coasting laps.
Then i switch to AT and pull out 3 full laps which means either something change or was my bad the first time i try it which i doubt very much.
Whatever it is , now is able to run 3.1-2 laps.
Other than that ,it was a bit of rainy festival yesterday.

@smoothbore12 I got caught in a heavy rain storm from the start of lap 3 so I had to ran a full lap going no faster then 50mph at best it took over 9 minutes thank goodness the AI sucks in the rain.

As for the new car that I think is better then the Enzo is none other then the F1.:sly:

Summary.
Handling is in better words swaggy so it can be improve.
Fuel you can get 3 laps on FM 6.
Fast lap of 4:02.738 on lap 5 but I can do on lap 2. I think.

Favorite car for le man wtc 700PP moving the Enzo to second place for this race.:)
Gran Turismo® 7_20230917012304.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230917014340.jpg

Setup.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230917014437.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230917014500.jpg

5th Lap video.

Wow , now that i checked is the one i have to buy with 20 millions 🤬
Am afraid you have to wait for this one.

I try once the Enzo this morning but i quit, must have " warm " fingers and i didn't 😂
Also with set up i am , has a kind of boaty behaviour and isn't easy to control it under pressure.
If you find the second you need it's ok , if not .......put the blame on mame 😂 .

Try to find some other car to make it easier and for the rest to participate if they want to.

Also if someone else have an idea to proposal any a car ,it will be welcome.
We can run a car " stock " for example and not under tuning etc.etc.

It would be nice among our regular griding to spice things up a bit and have some extra fun .

@smoothbore12 I personally don't like using stock cars for this race I find them boring. And I also don't like using 2 lap cars.

Back on topic.

Bone stock F50 no tune parts other then the require RM/IM tires.
3 Laps on FM 6. 👍

But this car could do better with a little tuneup.👍
Gran Turismo® 7_20230917102208.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230917102250.jpg

Last edited:
@smoothbore12 I personally don't like using stock cars for this race I find them boring. And I also don't like using 2 lap cars.

Back on topic.

Bone stock F50 no tune parts other then the require RM/IM tires.
3 Laps on FM 6. 👍

But this car could do better with a little tuneup.👍
View attachment 1287845
View attachment 1287846
I also hate 2 lap cars , is out of my preferences.
Don't have to be stock , it was an idea , nothing more .
Also can be other cars, like race cars from different categories , cars that can be bought on DLC etc.

I have F50 ( one and only piece 😂 ) .
The most important is to be able to do at least 3 laps without any gimmicks for saving fuel.
So any proposal must apply to the 3 or more laps .
As about tuning, never mind since we can share them and will be available to everyone wants to try 😉

Last edited:
I've covered 16,500 miles in my McLaren F1 '97 in this race. Overhauled the engine twice and the chassis once. I did use other cars when I played in 2D, but I've stuck to the F1 since I got VR.
Sorry mate but which model is this one ?
Did you mean the F1 94 that cost 20 millions ?

I've covered 16,500 miles in my McLaren F1 '97 in this race. Overhauled the engine twice and the chassis once. I did use other cars when I played in 2D, but I've stuck to the F1 since I got VR.
Could you post your setup for the wtc 700pp for the f1 longtail.

I used the 95 F1 short tail in the wtc 700pp and its like driving a pig.:(

Last edited:
From today run as about yellow flag status ( happens accidentally ) and the loss of CRB .

That means CRB is always available since you get 3 sec. only for ignoring yellow flags.
Way less than penalties apply in the rain .

PS
Very tired to write about my today activity, ill do it first thing in the morning.

I got luck with this one...

Please explain what a "2 lap car" is? I am not sure what you mean.

Last edited:
I got luck with this one...

Please explain what a "2 lap car" is? I am not sure what you mean.

It's about cars that are able to do Only two laps at la sarthe with FM6 .

We was talking with @Chikane_GTR to find cars that are able to do at least 3 laps in order to set a small contest for the best possible second lap with a certain car.

That could make our griding - testing - racing time more " spicy " .

And to justify the " second lap " its cause you only have two chances, at second and fifth lap , but at 5th lap you can caught by rain .
Also its easier for someone to " abort " the race and try again if something went wrong .
If its a 4 lap car , things can be different.

That's the main idea but to be easier for someone to participate, must be a car not very hard to get for obvious reasons.
Am waiting for your proposals James .

Last edited:
Last edited:
kjb
Why not use the Aston Martin VGT? You can get at least 4 laps and you should be able to get very close to 4 min lap times
I put over 5K miles on that car back then in that le man race but it got boring its a boring and predictable car.

In my case I have more then enough cars that can easily win le man 700pp and are way more fun and enjoyable to drive.👍

Last edited:
@kjb , @Tired Tyres are you gonna participate ?
As about the car we will find something ,they are plenty available .

Best way to be all happy is to choose each one a car for every week or two or whatever.

Don't miss your weather reports also to keep notes about them.

It's about cars that are able to do Only two laps at la sarthe with FM6 .

We was talking with @Chikane_GTR to find cars that are able to do at least 3 laps in order to set a small contest for the best possible second lap with a certain car.

That could make our griding - testing - racing time more " spicy " .

And to justify the " second lap " its cause you only have two chances, at second and fifth lap , but at 5th lap you can caught by rain .
Also its easier for someone to " abort " the race and try again if something went wrong .
If its a 4 lap car , things can be different.

That's the main idea but to be easier for someone to participate, must be a car not very hard to get for obvious reasons.
Am waiting for your proposals James .
thank you for the information and the invite of proposals,
status of situation: I happened to catch Covid sometime in the past week and really hit me hard, in the few times i could get up and feel better i resumed my Gr.4 tests.
As i was continuing i made a decision to re-do all my Gr.4 and make a detailed report covering the three main factors of applicability in this race: A) Fuel Management
B) Speed
C) Tyre wear
and with emphasis on ability to win the race.

Hoping to get back to normal health and grind...

thank you for the information and the invite of proposals,
status of situation: I happened to catch Covid sometime in the past week and really hit me hard, in the few times i could get up and feel better i resumed my Gr.4 tests.
As i was continuing i made a decision to re-do all my Gr.4 and make a detailed report covering the three main factors of applicability in this race: A) Fuel Management
B) Speed
C) Tyre wear
and with emphasis on ability to win the race.

Hoping to get back to normal health and grind...
Wish you Alllllll the best James and be soon well from that " stuff " .
I was under H1N1 this winter and needed 1 month plus to get back to normal.

@Chikane_GTR if the McLaren 97 is the one powered by BMW with the Fina logo ,then i have it .
I must use it once but since i don't remember it , that's means i wasn't impressed.

Am making " second " thoughts about Enzo and we moved real fast , they are race cars that can't match that rhythm .

The Pagani Zonda R

Excellent Car all around.
Good top Speed.
Good Handling.
Amazing Sound.
Fuel Mapping Very.

FM6 - you can get 4+ Laps
FM5 - you can get 3+ Laps
FM4 - you can get 3 Laps.

24 Heures du Mans race track_.jpeg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230918211829.jpgGran Turismo® 7_20230918213327.jpg:lol:

Last edited:
The Pagani Zonda R

Excellent Car all around.
Good top Speed.
Good Handling.
Amazing Sound.
Fuel Mapping Very.

FM6 - you can get 4+ Laps
FM5 - you can get 3+ Laps
FM4 - you can get 3 Laps.

View attachment 1288262
View attachment 1288263View attachment 1288264:lol:
I don't have this one but of course i can buy it.
Yesterday i did two runs with the other Pagani , i was surprised how good it feels dead stock .
Its similar to Enzo but i have the impression that attract penalties like a magnet 🧲 .

The Jaguar XJ220 92' Its a very good kitty.:P
cat-frank-the-cat.gif

Good handling and speed.
3 Laps on FM6
Lap time is alot faster then my I didn't get a dry lap since it started raining end of lap 2 till end of lap 5 and so only completed 6 laps.👍
Gran Turismo® 7_20230918230104.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230918231936.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230918232118.jpg

Last edited:
@Chikane_GTR i choose to test the Pagani cars , first the Huayra .

Name the preferences and post them ,just make sure that we got 3 laps .
Tuned or untuned your choice and at what level .
Post your settings and let's try it .

Much drought fall lately in general, not much action and i guess many people waiting for the next update.

@jrbabbitt how is your health?
Are you recovering from covid or continues to make you suffer ?

@smoothbore12 To be fair there haven't been a content update in close to 2 months now.:crazy:

Back on topic.👍

The corvette C8.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230920013034.jpg

Excellent car all around.
Its a cheap car and not much upgrade needed for it to win le man easily.
3 laps on FM6 - No coasting
4 Laps on FM6 - with coasting
I did close to no upgrade only some needed once.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230920011140.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230920012317.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230920012947.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230920013225.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20230920013234.jpg

Last edited:
Back