LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
More to the question, how do you know i would know about monorails... or have i mentioned this before somewhere :boggled:,

And yes i believe your right Chase, it is a Kit.

Edit: you've put my brain into ovetdrive this afternoon...:odd:

You mentioned it before ;).

So what's the answer then? Or does your boss just want a Lancia replica as a company car :P.

More to the question, how do you know i would know about monorails... or have i mentioned this before somewhere :boggled:,

And yes i believe your right Chase, it is a Kit.

Edit: you've put my brain into ovetdrive this afternoon...:odd:

You told us. :P The real questions is.....what does any of this have to do with the LCC Rocket? I think I'm going to have to report this for being off-topic......

I take full responsibility.....but I'm still reporting you. :lol:

Perhaps this will get things back on track....

image.jpg
image.jpg

Maybe I should change the title of the thread to "Some guys jabbering on about random stuff, often automotive related ... and an LCC Rocket race on Sundays."

EDIT: ^that thing looks like it should be in Tron^

That describes just about every thread I've ever created......and that's exactly how I prefer them. 👍

Don't think I'd have it any other way either to be honest. Incredible that we've managed to have over 1k posts almost entirely on things absolutely unrelated to the topic.

So, my thoughts...:odd: anyone get any good practice in?

I had about 30mins or so last night running with @BrandonW77, i think i managed a sub 1:02 time but didnt take note how much left there was to gain...👍

The thread has been very quiet, aside from the random chatter :P, just wondering if we are gonna get a good crowd or not?

Ive not run in any online racing of a long duration either since the update, has there been any noticable improvements?

Laters

So, my thoughts...:odd: anyone get any good practice in?

I had about 30mins or so last night running with @BrandonW77, i think i managed a sub 1:02 time but didnt take note how much left there was to gain...👍

The thread has been very quiet, aside from the random chatter :P, just wondering if we are gonna get a good crowd or not?

Ive not run in any online racing of a long duration either since the update, has there been any noticable improvements?

Laters

Sorry, I've been planning something for the future :P.

I got a lazy afternoon ahead of me. I'm going to grind a hour or two before I open the room I think, for those that don't know we're going to be touching the limiter in this race, it's very brief though - international circuit was removed because I decided there was too much limiter action going on.

When Hobbsy and I were running last night I never actually hit the limiter. Got really close but never hit it. Based on our practice it could be a cracking race (if we get a good crowd). 👍

^yeah, I touch it *just* before my braking point - I don't think it will provide any negative consequences at all, just making people aware.

Considering how much I don't get on with the full Silverstone I absolutely love the national circuit. Laps will be set at 42 - I'd ask that people try and avoid running off track on turn 1, obviously I'm not going to start adding penalties or anything stupid like that, but I'd like people to do their best to keep it on track, though obviously mistakes will happen (I'll be doing my share of running-off by mistakes I'm sure).

This is going to be a good race tonight, looking forward to catching everyone there 👍.

That was a great race for a little while, until I had a minor bobble become a major bobble which then turned into a spin.......multiple times. I've not had the rocket misbehave like that before, really caught me off guard. Maybe it's because I was in cockpit view for the first time, I don't know.

So, next week is the final race on the calendar, will that be the final ever race in the Rocket? I must say I've enjoyed racing the Rocket probably more than anything I ever raced in GT5 or 6 and I'll be quite sad to see it go. But it has served it's purpose well and interest in it has certainly waned so hopefully the next racer will attract some attention and get some more helmets on the grid. 👍

That was a great race for a little while, until I had a minor bobble become a major bobble which then turned into a spin.......multiple times. I've not had the rocket misbehave like that before, really caught me off guard. Maybe it's because I was in cockpit view for the first time, I don't know.

So, next week is the final race on the calendar, will that be the final ever race in the Rocket? I must say I've enjoyed racing the Rocket probably more than anything I ever raced in GT5 or 6 and I'll be quite sad to see it go. But it has served it's purpose well and interest in it has certainly waned so hopefully the next racer will attract some attention and get some more helmets on the grid. 👍

I absolutely love the thing too and I'd keep it going if the interest was there, but as we currently stand I don't see any merit in a formal weekly events. You know what my next plan is, that will be a one-off race set in the other forums and if we get good turn out then a series will develop from it on this thread!

"GT6 Single Races & Time Trials" rather than "GT6 Clubs & Leagues"

I stick my head in there now and then, seems like there's not a whole lot of activity. Hopefully it attracts enough people and you'll make it into a weekly race series. I'd recommend having a thread up for 1-2 weeks before the race to allow time for it to get noticed and for interest to build up. And make a note in the OP saying that if attendance is good you will make it into a weekly racing series. FWIW I think it's a good selection and what I see as a positive is that there are many models of that car so when the NA gets a bit boring we can upgrade it to the NB, etc. Should keep us racing for a while, hopefully. 👍

I saved the replay from last night, I'll try to harvest some photos and make you a graphic or two if you'd like.

I saved the replay from last night, I'll try to harvest some photos and make you a graphic or two if you'd like.

If you wouldn't mind, I don't mind booting up Photoshop though (not that it would be as good as what you could do), I'll drop you a couple of images later if you want. I was going to advertise it after the final race at Brands for the race to start on the 6th of April - I'm taking a week off.

Latest Posts

Back