LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
Well.....I think only one of those options will support triple monitors. :sly: (I'm NOT buying three PS4's!!)

The amount of money you'll spend on video cards to power those 3 monitors I recon the 3 PS4's will be cheaper! ;)

EDIT: Maybe you should concider purchasing one of these?

videocard.jpg

Last edited:
The amount of money you'll spend on video cards to power those 3 monitors I recon the 3 PS4's will be cheaper! ;)

I guess video cards cost a lot more on your side of the pond. :lol: According to my research I should be able to get a video card easily capable of running three monitors for well under the price of one PS4. I believe 3 PS4's would be about $1200 USD before tax, good video card runs about $300-400.

So just to confirm, gt6 will need three ps3s for triples right?

Correct, as well as 3 copies of the game and a router to connect them all. Since the PS4 is out I'm guessing the price of used PS3's has/will drop quite a bit which makes this whole thing easier (and the 5 screen layout all the more enticing!). But you can download GT6 on PSN, pay for it once and install it on 2 consoles so that makes everything cheaper too.

Ah Dudes...! Just read on another post you can make it work with 2 monitors :D

Brandon can you confirm???

Only problem is i do not have two screens the same size... oh well, beggers can't be chooser's :sly:

Maybe they might add that once rumored, PSP rear view next... :lol:

Only problem is i do not have two screens the same size... oh well, beggers can't be chooser's :sly:

Yeah, it doesn't care if you have two or five monitors, each has its own console/controls. You'd still need a second PS3 though. Screen size doesn't matter beyond the fact that things won't line up properly due to differing sizes.

Hey @MC-Chase,

Just curious if you had a chance to watch this show last night... I'm wondering how it compared to the documentary you watched on Brandon's brother and home town?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2014/10/fast-and-fearless.html

Oh god,

No, I haven't. But with all the laughing I did at Brandon's brother I suppose it's only fair I watch this and spend my time cringing - it's a fair deal. I'll report back.

EDIT: Ah jesus it's set in Essex - this is going to be awful.

Wouldn't you have a horrible void of nothingness between the two screens DIRECTLY in your line of sight?

Wouldn't you have a horrible void of nothingness between the two screens DIRECTLY in your line of sight?

No, that's not how it would work. Basically you'd have one screen in front as normal and then one to your left or right. So if you were in a left-hand drive car you would put the extra monitor on your right so you could see the full interior of your car and your side mirror. 👍

No, that's not how it would work. Basically you'd have one screen in front as normal and then one to your left or right. So if you were in a left-hand drive car you would put the extra monitor on your right so you could see the full interior of your car and your side mirror. 👍

I'd say three or stick with one, that just sounds weird otherwise.

And $400 may be the price for ONE high-end video card, for three panels you're going to need(want) two though. And that's before you buy your motherboard, processor, big heatsink for all the overclocking you are going to need to do... the list goes on. It can be pricey :P.

Last edited:
And $400 may be the price for ONE high-end video card, for three panels you're going to need two though. And that's before you buy your motherboard, processor, big heatsink for all the overclocking you are going to need to do... the list goes on. It can be pricey :P.

I've seen pre-made boxes that have plenty of oomph to run triple screen racers for under $1k USD, that's probably the route I'll go. This is all at least a year down the road though.

EDIT: Sonuva......I planned on getting the PSN digital download of the game going on my lunch break but the PSN is down until 6 this evening for maintenance. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
Yeah, it doesn't care if you have two or five monitors, each has its own console/controls. You'd still need a second PS3 though. Screen size doesn't matter beyond the fact that things won't line up properly due to differing sizes.

Cooool, ive got two PS3's, have done for years now... hold on! Could this be done with GT5? :scared:

I'm going to start a charity to help your town and its inhabitance out Brandon. The first campaign will involve getting your brother a good education so he can get a really good job at McDonalds.

^Do you have a grey filter over the lens or is your hometown just that dank and depressing?

Probably the second option.....or I just have a dirty windshield on a cloudy day. :sly:

I believe it was some form of Cadillac. He was dodging ever little crack/hole in the road and went very sloooooooow around the corner (lest he tip over). I was :lol: the whole way home.

Back