LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
For some reason I couldn't see the room. I just logged off and on, hope that gets it.

Nope, that didn't do it, I'm restarting the ps3 and means I will have logged off and back onto psn as well, I'm hoping this works.

What were the results? Did @hobbsy do well without me to pass him on the first corner? Missed staring at my rear, @MC-Chase?

For such a small crowd that was an epic race. @MC-Chase, that was a battle I'll remember for a while. :cheers:

image.jpg

What were the results? Did @hobbsy do well without me to pass him on the first corner? Missed staring at my rear, @MC-Chase?

Haha, cocky little sod you ain't ya :lol:.

Race was well, fairly epic to be honest! I wasn't not in a battle for one lap of it 0_o. Brandon took the win after I span after pushing to catch him too hard 4 laps before the end!

Hell, I'm proud of myself for holding you off at Brands! And passing Hobbs on the first corner has become a running gag already.

Real shame I couldn't come, Tsukuba has some great battles.

Brace yourselves for pics of the Rocket in full multi-monitor glory later today. I've always felt this car needed to be driven from cockpit view but the lack of visible mirrors had relegated me to bumper cam. Giggity!

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-update-1-05-brings-multi-monitor-support/

So, no mythical community features or new track but it seems they've at least addressed some of the (in my opinion) major problems with the game. Best of all, we can finally race karts on all tracks!

http://gifsoup.com

yeah

I've been a pub racer from 2010 to 2013, just this year did i start to do GTP races. Maybe that explains my race pace :lol:

I've been on about 8 total on GT6 so I can't really give an informed opinion I guess. My experience of them in GT6 has been either a complete wash of uselessness or groups of friends with very specific rule sets that don't allow the average lobby browser to jump in and have a good race.

My main experience with pub lobbies comes from GT5 where initially everyone was useless - I soon got picked up by a league and stayed there until I quit GT5 - it wasn't until GT6 I actually got on GTP races!

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-update-1-05-brings-multi-monitor-support/

So, no mythical community features or new track but it seems they've at least addressed some of the (in my opinion) major problems with the game. Best of all, we can finally race karts on all tracks!

Too little too late.

Why's that?

If it wasn't incredibly obvious the community is already very much dying :P.

I'm in no manner a computer programmer of any sorts (other than a bit of MATLAB coding I guess), but what I do know is that these 'fixes' the update brings are incredibly small in terms of the amount of work they would have needed to produce - there's absolutely no reason these fixes shouldn't have been able to be released in a matter of a couple of days, certainly not 3 or 4 months. If this is the rate PD employees are currently working at then I see no reason to expect anything half-decent in the future.

Pessimistic? Maybe, but honestly I think more realistic.

The pub racer community may be dying but the GTP community is just.....bored. This place is full of GT fans that visit daily and once the game is worth playing and some of the issues are fixed there will be plenty of people looking for racing. I admit that my enthusiasm has wained recently but I have plenty of potential enthusiasm just waiting to burst forth once the game provides a better foundation to build on. Some of the things I've seen mentioned in 1.05 go some way towards providing that foundation.

What I've seen happening over the last couple months is that because the game takes so little time to "beat" it means the casuals will beat it, be bored with it and move on to their shoot-em-up games probably never to look back at GT6. But there's a positive to this....it means the people still playing will be more serious racers and I'm sure there will still be plenty of them. The riff-raff that befouls public rooms will hopefully have moved on. So while the size of our driver pool will shrink, the quality of the drivers will be better (in theory). About this time people are starting to pick up some of the many used copies of the game and if 1.05 is the first version of the game they play then they'll probably have a much better view of the game and seek out places like GTP to find great racing. So while I agree that the path we've taken so far isn't ideal and probably has done some damage to the title I don't think it's all doom and gloom.

I, for one, have not been this excited to get home and play GT6 since launch day.....but admittedly that's mostly due to the multi-monitors and racing karts on all tracks. Hopefully some people who have shelved the game but still visit GTP will see the news and dust off their copy for another go. 👍

I understand your sentiment but I choose to have a different outlook on it. And I'm a full time pessimist so it's not natural for me to think about things this way.

Brace yourselves for pics of the Rocket in full multi-monitor glory later today. I've always felt this car needed to be driven from cockpit view but the lack of visible mirrors had relegated me to bumper cam. Giggity!

I had a feeling you would be happy with this.... looking back at our pre race convo last night and seeing them two black screens either side was a little depressing (more so for you i Guess) :(.

But NOT NOW...:D

I just need to get some £ together and some time to build me a triple screen rig. Enjoy

I had a feeling you would be happy with this.... looking back at our pre race convo last night and seeing them two black screens either side was a little depressing (more so for you i Guess) :(.

But NOT NOW...:D

I just need to get some £ together and some time to build me a triple screen rig. Enjoy

Yeah, and I'll have to put the 32" tv back in it's natural home and revert to 23"x3......although I'm heavily considering getting two more 32"'s because the increase in size adds a lot to the "realistic" feel.

If you can manage the extra cost it is completely worth every penny and totally changes how you enjoy the game. The sense of speed is incredible and the increase in situational awareness is great for online racing. Just be prepared for all your "friends" to start hating you due to your increased enjoyment. :sly: I'll post some videos later of the Rocket in triple-screen action if it won't offend anyone.

Go ahead and make me jealous. I'll stick with my 42", some 1.5m away from my face.

My intention isn't to induce jealousy, just to show the full glory of what our little game is capable of. I was dumbfounded when I first got them and would spend time just looking around at the scenery, watching the cars drive around. It's really something to behold.

Mine are about .5-.75 meters from my face. :D

I can honestly say that I am a die hard fan of the GT series (probably more offline and privately), but have recently been very disappointed by PD. At launch it was the exact opposite as everything was fresh and new, this game felt very different from GT5, and held a lot of promise with a new drive towards DLC/updates to keep things interesting.

Unfortunately I don't feel like PD has upheld their "promises" as last month was ghostly quiet, and we have yet to see a worthy DLC pack. Yes its great getting free cars and the odd event here and there, but I was hoping to have the chance to buy PACKS of cars or new tracks! I will fully support this game for new content (but NOT in game credits :mad:), and I know that I shouldn't but I/we will compare with similar racing titles in terms of DLC expectation.

It's a game I love to play, and often get excited by ideas I have for racing etc, but sometime the reality of playing is something of a let down :( on and off-line, which is a real shame because you would think that they (PD), would have a good idea now of how to keep their fans happy!

There is a few exceptions to this, like the EPIC battle four of us had last night, which i'm still grinning about :sly:.

As good as GTPlanet is for a resource, PD should not be relying on this site (or any other) to help keep their game alive!

so I guess I'm sympathising with both @BrandonW77 and @MC-Chase, all I can say is I will be here for the long haul and hope that others are too. Because currently it's the "others", you guys, that are keeping this game alive!

Go ahead and make me jealous. I'll stick with my 42", some 1.5m away from my face.

Ah HA!!! at least im beating you on this one!!! +9... ;)

Size isn't everything though, I would much rather have three 24's all in a line 👍

I'm sure a lot of us are so faithful to the series Hobbsy because of our very fond memories of the original two! Coming from my Sega Mega-Drive I couldn't quite believe what GT1 and 2 managed to achieve (though Super Hang-On is still one of my all time favorite games). And as much as I am one who buys into brand loyalty occasionally there comes a point where it just isn't rational anymore - I think PD has reached that point.

I'd like to say I'll be in for the long haul - and I might well be albeit it a bit sporadicly, but I certainly won't be buying any DLC for the game anymore. It's money undeserved, GT6 was far too similar to GT5 for me to consider it anywhere near worthy of its launch price and I think the best way for PD to actually do some work for a change is for their die-hard fan base to start giving up and not providing them with more undeserved revenue.

In that regard GT6 will likely be my last GT because if (and lets be honest it will) this trend continues then GT7 is just going to be a further let down; maybe I'll start using my computer for racing games in future aswell as work, minecraft, web browsing, e-mail, and flight-sims - might catch you there @BrandonW77 !

maybe I'll start using my computer for racing games in future aswell as work

This was my plan too, so much so that i bought into the Project CARS community funding campaign.

At the time my PC was barely capable of running it, so my plan was to invest in a new & mighty machine... this still hasnt happened, and as such i have been missing out on 3 yrs of PCARS development! :scared:

Maybe one day... ;)

Well it will be sad to see you go, if thats what you decide. I cant really argue with your reasons, as they are just that, "Yours"

Hopefully we can encourage you to entertain us a little while longer with your sideways racing lines ;)

Hopefully we can encourage you to entertain us a little while longer with your sideways racing lines ;)

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere yet :lol:.

Project CARS caused a lot of hype I remember, there was early-access beta on Steam too if I remember correctly (don't quote me on that), it's probably what I'll end up moving on to I think. Assetto Corsa looks OK but the car list looks god awful and distinctly lacking in content too so I'll be giving that a miss; similarly there's absolutely no way I'll be hitting up IRacing because I have a good idea about the crowd it attracts and I don't think I'd fit in with them :P.

So, until Project CARS surfaces then expect me to be sulking about here ;).

So, until Project CARS surfaces then expect me to be sulking about here ;).

That's where I'll be heading. I don't have a lot of love for the GT series, I think I've played all of them but didn't care for them much until GT4. GT5 and GT6, for me, have always just been an excuse to not spend a fortune on a gaming PC and they've served that purpose well. Knowing that GT6 is the last on this console means it will be the last GT for me but hopefully it will last me at least a year or two. I think the actual "game" is pitiful and has been since before GT4, while GT4 provided a mountain's worth of content all of it was chase the rabbit based which is just a silly excuse for racing. Why they provide GT3 cars, rally cars, NASCAR's, SuperGT cars.....some of the greatest racing series in the world......and don't provide any way to properly enjoy them in the "career" is beyond me and is the main reason I'll never look back at this franchise. But the flexibility it offers us to create our own racing dreams is what keeps me coming back every day and enjoying every minute of it.....just a shame we have to do it ourselves and once the online portion is dead the game is effectively useless for anything besides hot lapping the Nordeschlife. I don't say any of this with hatred or ill-will, just the way it is and the way it always has been.

Project CARS is coming to PS4 too, so I won't need to build me a rig for it! I don't know what you mean about not fitting in iRacing, @MC-Chase. They race like pros, and I think you'd fit right in. Of course, it won't be as easy to buy the cars with the real money thing, but lots of fun can be had with the starter Miata.

About the DLC, I didn't buy any for GT5. There was hardly any need, you could race as long as the host had the packs. The only DLC I'm buying for GT6 is the Senna pack (whenever that comes out).

And because I hardly played GT5, I'm sticking with this one till GT7. Besides, I want to try for GT Academy.

Let's all hope the server issues are solved after May.

About the DLC, I didn't buy any for GT5. There was hardly any need, you could race as long as the host had the packs.

This was only true for about a month, after that you had to own the track if you wanted to race on it (which virtually rendered them useless in my opinion). I expect it will be the same in GT6, perhaps a short grace period where everyone can run on it but after that you will have to own the DLC in order to enjoy it online.

I don't know what you mean about not fitting in iRacing, @MC-Chase. They race like pros, and I think you'd fit right in. Of course, it won't be as easy to buy the cars with the real money thing, but lots of fun can be had with the starter Miata.

That's kind of the problem. There appears from my experience to be a certain mentality its users possess, as in, they seem to have trouble differentiating between real life and a video-game. In a racing game I can comfortably slide an MR2 at 120mph and lap the Nurburg in around 8 and a half minutes with it, could I ACTUALLY do either of those? .... haha :lol:, no.

I have my feet firmly plastered in reality, I got the frustrated racing driver out of me when I was 17 :P. So I don't think I'd fit in because I don't really have much to say when people talk about "realism" because, to me, none of it is remotely real.

Back