LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
Well it takes forever to get the digital copies downloaded and updated, only had time to get one done and it didn't finish until I was in bed. But here's a pic of two monitors up and running, I'll try to get Rocket pics tonight. (After being on the 32" for a month everything feels sooooo small!)

image.jpg
image.jpg

It's what he rides to the liquor store to get his 40's of malt liquor... Don't need a drivers license.

You're way off dude. Around here people ride their bicycles to the liquor store. Proof, taken today...
image.jpg

Also, when we go out for our smoke breaks we like to stand by the container full of propane tanks (also taken today).

image.jpg

What the heck kind of third world city are you living in? Even in New Castle, the lowest forms of life have a DUI scooter for transportation.

What the heck kind of third world city are you living in? Even in New Castle, the lowest forms of life have a DUI scooter for transportation.

:lol: Oh, there are scooters galore, there's just a step or two below that. I work right by a liquor store, I'll have to start chronicling the nonsense. In fact, I have a hilarious video.......

(Scurries off to upload to youtube...)

Behold!!

Last edited:
Was that last one just for @MC-Chase ? ;)

What FOV do you normally go for, i always find that getting narrower makes everything feel slower! Is this affect the same with triple screens?

👍

Was that last one just for @MC-Chase ? ;)

What FOV do you normally go for, i always find that getting narrower makes everything feel slower! Is this affect the same with triple screens?

👍

Usually narrow or narrowest because it makes things bigger on these small screens. Bumper cam has the best sense of speed, I don't notice much difference in sense of speed between different fov's.

You guys have been busy today! Liking the monitors Brandon 👍, what laps are you getting on Silverstone then :P?

I wasn't trying too hard, think I did a 1:10 but wouldn't consider that a real hot lap. Feels different from cockpit view so I was kinda relearning the car.

EDIT: some vids.

Last edited:
I never noticed the lamps popped out and in!

Apparently you've never had @MC-Chase following you, he likes to pop them up in the turns. :sly:

Here's that sense of speed from bumper cam I was talking about.

Don't get that as much from cockpit view, but it's still awesome. Look to the left of the rear view monitor, there's a Rolex for a dash clock. 👍

I think the sense of speed comes from the replay, because I don't see that while racing on bumper. And I think that watch is from the BRZ's sponsor, I can't remember which.

I think the sense of speed comes from the replay, because I don't see that while racing on bumper. And I think that watch is from the BRZ's sponsor, I can't remember which.

No, that's pretty much how it looks when racing from bumper cam with side monitors. It can be a bit intense, especially at tracks with lots of objects on the side of the tracks. You get a better sense of elevation changes too.

I think to get that true sense of speed, you need those side monitors so that your peripheral vision sees things whizzing by. If you have a narrower fov with just the one screen, you reduce whats moving past you and only see whats coming directly at you... if that makes sense! :boggled:

Right im back off to ebay ;)

Cannot compete with Brandons world of weird and wonderful sights, but thought i would share my recent sighting in Augsburg...

CAM00316.jpg

I was gonna try and get some more shots, but he was not hanging about and we had to turn off just after we spotted him.

For those not sure its a BMW i8 :eek:

Laters 👍

@Naptown25rs , I got round to watching the documentary "Fast And Fearless: Britain's Banger Racers" - a play on the title of perhaps the worst automotive films in history; fitting then that it should accompany such a vomit-inducing one hour and four minutes of media.

After immediately discovering the programme was set in Essex my fears about the shows quality worsened, being as Essex is not so much a county north-east of London as much as it is a breeding ground for the terminally stupid.

So, where to start? Well it follows a tale of several individuals involved in motorsports degenerate cousin banger racing, most of which are classed as 'wreckers' who take the utmost pride in deliberately crashing cars into each other which often results in serious injury; their collection of broken bones and concussions are effectively their trophy cabinet. Three stories stick in my mind;

One gentleman (a retired car thief, scam artist, and generic idiot) is convinced his collection of crashes captured on VHS is a true, wholesome, inspiration to his infant child. Another who is trying to retire but is always dragged back by the allure of yet another fractured skull, and finally a man who is desperately trying to live out his failed aspirations of being a racing driver through his clearly utterly talentless son.

In terms of humour, it falls short of the entertainment value of following Brandon's brother and his intoxicated friends around with the completely out-of-place soundtrack, but it certainly matches it when it comes to cringe value.

My rating? 1.6/10.

Last edited:
@Naptown25rs , I got round to watching the documentary "Fast And Fearless: Britain's Banger Racers" - a play on the title of perhaps the worst automotive films in history; fitting then that it should accompany such a vomit-inducing one hour and four minutes of media.

After immediately discovering the programme was set in Essex my fears about the shows quality worsened, being as Essex is not so much a country north-east of London as much as it is a breeding ground for the terminally stupid.

So, where to start? Well it follows a tale of several individuals involved in motorsports degenerate cousin banger racing, most of which are classed as 'wreckers' who take the utmost pride in deliberately crashing cars into each other which often results in serious injury; their collection of broken bones and concussions are effectively their trophy cabinet. Three stories stick in my mind;

One gentleman (a retired car thief, scam artist, and generic idiot) is convinced his collection of crashes captured on VHS is a true, wholesome, inspiration to his infant child. Another who is trying to retire but is always dragged back by the allure of yet another fractured scull, and finally a man who is desperately trying to live out his failed aspirations of being a racing driver through his clearly utterly talentless son.

In terms of humour, it falls short of the entertainment value of following Brandon's brother and his intoxicated friends around with the completely out-of-place soundtrack, but it certainly matches it when it comes to cringe value.

My rating? 1.6/10.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm gonna have to find this on YouTube or a torrent of it somewhere. I NEED to see it for myself!

I think to get that true sense of speed, you need those side monitors so that your peripheral vision sees things whizzing by. If you have a narrower fov with just the one screen, you reduce whats moving past you and only see whats coming directly at you... if that makes sense! :boggled:

Right im back off to ebay ;)

That's it exactly. The more stuff on the side of the track the greater the sense of speed. Mulsane feels wicked fast, NurbNord can actually be a bit frightening.

After immediately discovering the programme was set in Essex my fears about the shows quality worsened, being as Essex is not so much a county north-east of London as much as it is a breeding ground for the terminally stupid.

One gentleman (a retired car thief, scam artist, and generic idiot) is convinced his collection of crashes captured on VHS is a true, wholesome, inspiration to his infant child. Another who is trying to retire but is always dragged back by the allure of yet another fractured skull, and finally a man who is desperately trying to live out his failed aspirations of being a racing driver through his clearly utterly talentless son.

My rating? 1.6/10.

That was as good as Hobbsies' race reviews. 👍

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm gonna have to find this on YouTube or a torrent of it somewhere. I NEED to see it for myself!

If you find it, please share!!

^no it wasn't but thanks^.

Can't you guys use a UK proxy and check it out on IPlayer (BBC catch-up site)?

Going to be dropping an hour on Silverstone tonight to sort out the laps for Sunday. Not my favorite track this so don't expect me to be dropping lightning times :P.

I'm going to go out on a guess here and say kit?

That's pretty cool Hobbsy! I have to ask though, what has this got to do with monorails =/?

More to the question, how do you know i would know about monorails... or have i mentioned this before somewhere :boggled:,

And yes i believe your right Chase, it is a Kit.

Edit: you've put my brain into ovetdrive this afternoon...:odd:

Last edited:
Back