Le Mans WTC700 30 mins?

• Thread starter phatfat34
  • 288 comments
I tested like 50 road cars on this track, to grind credits. I think the best is the RX7 with the 787B engine since you don't need take care about the fuel. So only keep an eye on the weather radar...

Also an exciting choice is the engine swap Silvia with 1000HP. Easy on throttle:)

This is my detuned version of the same car

FM6 in the beginning with short shifting and then FM1 and full revs for the last lap

Last edited:
I want to correct an earlier post I made as I gave the wrong settings (my memory was incorrect).
For the Le Mans 30min race, I use the Red Bull Junior (no upgrades etc needed just Heavy Wet and Racing Hard tyres).

Settings I use are:
Fuel Management: 1 (max power)
TCS: 1
Tyres: RH

Can consistently set lap times between 4:12-4:18. In wet conditions, it changes to 4:30-5:00 though I put TCS sometimes up to 5 for grip especially if a big monsoon comes.

I use a few cars on this race,mostly Classics.The Ferrari 250 Berlinetta,A220,Aston DB3s,Jag D Type,Shelby Cobra Daytona,DeTomaso Mangusta.The D Type gives you nearly 5 laps of fuel as does the Berlinetta.The rest are over 3 laps and as it usually rains on lap 2 or 3 it gives you a good window to pit.

I just made a spin with the Alpine Vision road car. Just boughts racing hard and the interm./wet tyres and adjusted the ECU to fit in the 700PP. I ran 8 laps, given at least a lap for everyone easily with one pit at lap 4.

Give it a try if you have the chance:)

I just made a spin with the Alpine Vision road car. Just boughts racing hard and the interm./wet tyres and adjusted the ECU to fit in the 700PP. I ran 8 laps, given at least a lap for everyone easily with one pit at lap 4.

I liked that car too at Le Mans

I ran this race yesterday and it was close or at least got me nervous lol...I switched to wet tires after the second lap and thought it was going to rain... but nope it didnt... the sky still look dark and about to rain so I switched again to wet tires after lap 4... It started to rain but it was just a drizzle I would have been good with hard tires...I get to lap 7 and Im up 30 seconds from second place but my tires are basically done and have no grip...Im thinking Im a spin out any second any time I break but made it to the finish line... I was fish tailing at the end though...What made it worse was I lost connection after collecting my 825,000... you just saw the money and the daily mileage go up but it froze so I had to restart... Luckily when I restarted the game I got a daily ticket and my 825,000...

Last edited:
Wow! Used the Suzuki Swift Gr.4 yesterday. Never again will i use FF cars. Burning through the front tires so fast. I just won because i drove the last 2 laps directly in front of the AI which is pretty stressfull. :scared:

At the moment, my go to machine is the Aston Martin DB9 GT1.

Since the changes to PP calculations from upgrade 1.23, with no more alligator setups to lower the PP, the old group C cars have to be too much nerfed on power to achieve meaningful top speed at this track, but the Aston is just great. Can do 4 laps in FM1, so a sole stop if weather allows it. The handling of the car is amazing.

I've run several cars. The RX-7/26B combo is a handful. Next time I run it I'm starting out with wet tires and just staying out if they last. I usually run the Red Bull Junior, upgraded as much as possible, IM tires, 1 stop for IM or W tires as needed. You never can go wrong with wets unless the track is drier than Willow Springs in a summertime heat wave. I plan to try the 1966 GT40, and, just for giggles, the sucker car. I forget what else I've run this in. I vaguely recall spinning a Camaro on it, obviously the Tomahawk pre 1.23, the F1500T-A, the Red Bull Comp, etc.
Any of the 3 million credit LMP-1 cars Will give you an easy win on this, the Sardegna 800, or the Spa 800. The Volkswagen might also, I've never driven it. The F-XX-K will need two fuel stops at least but the race is winnable with it. I'd bet the Zonda Race Car could win as well.
Be aware of the varying light conditions if you run a formula 1 car. Similar races will get dark on you, and they've begun to vary the starting time of day at Sardegna.

What are y'all's best laps? Just set a PB 4:00 in the Escudo...
Swapped Pantera: 4:00.042
Has anyone noticed now it doesn’t always rain even when the sky overhead is solid blue? Very misleading.
also the rain map lookssoo smooth-prefer the pixellated one which is more like real life
Its terribly broken right now, again.

Did you pit at the end of lap 4 or between laps 3 and 4? I'm asking because I normally get caught up by the rain on lap three or four

At the moment, my go to machine is the Aston Martin DB9 GT1.

Since the changes to PP calculations from upgrade 1.23, with no more alligator setups to lower the PP, the old group C cars have to be too much nerfed on power to achieve meaningful top speed at this track, but the Aston is just great. Can do 4 laps in FM1, so a sole stop if weather allows it. The handling of the car is amazing.
Thank you in a big way for posting this. I don't know why but I trusted you and I went and bought that car (I loved it in GT sport - but I think it was a group three car then - and completely forgot about it).

Just used it and had a great time. Well, a great time outside of the beginning of lap 3 when it started raining out of nowhere and cars were all over the road, including me after getting tapped.

Great option for those who haven't tried it.

Going to try that Alpine next

EDIT: just tried the Alpine and I love that too. Thank you @cossie8

Last edited:
I guess the weather is broken...Kinda pointless for me to switch to wets after lap 2... today I did just that... then no rain so I pit on lap 4... it was kinda my fault but drove way too fast into the pit and clipped the barrier before the pit...then when I get into pit of course I picked dont switch tires by mistake and just got gas... I'm thinking maybe I can squeeze another lap and pit after lap 5... but nope kept fish tailing and spinning out just before I get to the pit... I was disgusted and turned the game off lol...will play again tomorrow

I guess the weather is broken...Kinda pointless for me to switch to wets after lap 2... today I did just that... then no rain so I pit on lap 4... it was kinda my fault but drove way too fast into the pit and clipped the barrier before the pit...then when I get into pit of course I picked dont switch tires by mistake and just got gas... I'm thinking maybe I can squeeze another lap and pit after lap 5... but nope kept fish tailing and spinning out just before I get to the pit... I was disgusted and turned the game off lol...will play again tomorrow
I hope it makes you feel better when I tell you that I did this race four times today and two of those times I had a very similar experience to you.

I switch to wets and it doesn't rain. I don't switch to wets and it rains and I spin out. It's become really difficult to tell when it is going to rain. On both occasions I had started the third lap and it was fine for about 45 seconds and then all heck broke loose with rain.

I just wait for that bar to reach the 3/4 line before putting. If the radar is still light blue, I’m not switching. The track still has grip until then.

Too easy. Only used it because I received it via Daily ticket.

Just buy IW. Drop power with no extra tuning. It’s like a Super GT car. Stays planted. All mid-range power 3rd, 4th, 5th gears. Tops below 270km/h on its own. Excellent brakes and corner speed. Shifting at 7000-7200rpm. Pitted Lap5. Heavy rain past half bar, during Lap 5, slowed me down to a 4:38. Tyres wear is about 50% at my pit stop. Still put fresh tyres on though.

Again, has to be the easiest handling car for this race. Well, gets my vote anyway. Ultimate Driving Machine, indeed.
1665558366854.png

1665558884234.png

Thank you in a big way for posting this. I don't know why but I trusted you and I went and bought that car (I loved it in GT sport - but I think it was a group three car then - and completely forgot about it).

Just used it and had a great time. Well, a great time outside of the beginning of lap 3 when it started raining out of nowhere and cars were all over the road, including me after getting tapped.
Still is a gr. 3, just a lot more expensive than the regular ones (although the 90s Supra and Skyline GT500 are a lot more expensive in LCD)

I hope it makes you feel better when I tell you that I did this race four times today and two of those times I had a very similar experience to you.

I switch to wets and it doesn't rain. I don't switch to wets and it rains and I spin out. It's become really difficult to tell when it is going to rain. On both occasions I had started the third lap and it was fine for about 45 seconds and then all heck broke loose with rain.
On that matter isn't broken. Usually the sky becomes overcast by the end of lap 2 but not necessarily rains after that. Sometimes doesn't even rain, others just a light shower that doesn't require you to drop your slicks for inters or wets, sometimes rains cats and dogs. Always use the weather radar on the lowest zoom (100km view) to check the radar for the next 1-2 laps, less than that is completely useless.
Weather radar isn't broken , it was changed so it uses all the colors
Had some issues with the radar not to the weather. Kept on track on wets after the shower on beginning of lap 3 because of a huge light blue "cloud" coming on the radar, but even when it was crossing the center of the radar, simply didn't rain the all two laps it took to pass over. I'm not talking about the track becoming wet, not even a single drop of rain.

I just wait for that bar to reach the 3/4 line before putting. If the radar is still light blue, I’m not switching. The track still has grip until then.
Thats exactly what i do,except on one race last night.Wanted inters and chose RH for some reason,still managed P2 in the Shelby Daytona.

I stil think the rb jr is the best car for just grinding for credits. It's only 350k, needs no tuning, easily does 7 laps on fuel and is very easy on tires. Rain or not, you always win by a minimum of 1min, usually closer to 2.

I’m using the engine-swapped BMW M3 ‘03, usually with a 3+4 pit strategy. Works very well.

In today’s race I had my first proper aqua planing experience in the game. Is was on intermediates, the rain meter was about 2/3 full and I was doing 250 km/h on the Mulsanne straight when suddenly I got massive wheelspin and lost all steering. The car kept going straight and it ended up fine but it was pretty scary there for a moment.

Just for grinding im using the F1500T-A,the only tyres you can fit to get to 700PP are IM,FM3-6 gets me to lap4 to pit regardless of weather as im on IM anyway.They do go`off`a little but still able to sit at the finish line most runs.I used the MP4/4 until they nerfed that.

Latest Posts

Back