Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the season still yet to start driver lineups and car selections are yet to be finalised as is expected for a new competition, we get the inside word from experienced sportscar campaigner Jav about the season ahead, his choices and what he expects from Constant Speed Racing.

picture.php

Jav, you are in the LMP class this year. How did the decision come about to run in LMP?

LMP being the pinnacle of sports car racing made it an easy decision. These cars are very very technologically advanced pieces of machinery and we want to prove ourselves with the best of the best.

Have you decided on a car and how is it in terms of performance and driveability?

We are very close to making a final decision but at the moment we are not yet ready to reveal it.

Jav, will you be racing for the full season? Or will this be a race by race approach?

Our team's commitment is full time, our approach is simple, we want the championship.

How are you getting along with your new teammate? How do you think he will go racing for Constant Speed Racing?

We have an excellent chemistry and team spirit we work very well together.
He is very quick and he will bring some victories to Constant Speed Racing.

Which race on the calendar are you looking forward to racing the most this season?

I have to say Suzuka, there is just something special about that track. To be successful you need to go all out, but make any mistake and it will cost you big. Just my type of track!

What are your goals and expectations for the coming season?

As a team we are expecting a great season with and we will fight for the championship with all of our energy and resources. Personally I want gold, as simple as that.

lol Awesome Mitch ! 👍

And i dont want you to make MY interview... please... i'm terrible in english and i know it... PLUS... no one will understand what i'm trying to say :ouch:

You're teaming up with Sephy right? I'll just go thru him for your teams interview, however when I come with the questions.....well thats anyones guess :P

tatoune your English is fine! 👍

Looking forward to the start of this. Jumping from GT2 class to LMP class. Should be fun!

Mitch tatoune and I should have an answer soon for car choice :) I like the latest interview btw. Jav is awesome.

A Brief Look Ahead at Things to Come
Rome.jpg
With the series set to kick off in one months time or so we take a look forward to the host city of Round 1, Rome, the largest and most heavily populated city in Italy. With a population of over 2.7million the cities history stretches well over two and a half thousand years back to the times of the Roman Empire. It gave rise to many leaders and conquerors over its time and the 15 drivers set to combat its walled streets will be hoping to emulate the success of Romes finest.

120 laps, 417km, an expected 2 hours and any number of pitstops. This is the challenge set to face the Le Mans Endurance Series as it visits the ancient city.

But first its preseason testing with sessions set to be held on the April 27th, May 4th, May 11th, May 18th and May 28th with the season to begin on June 4th. There will be the opening round before the break in June for the running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, after which the season will resume at the Laguna Seca in America on June 18th. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Oh man I was looking forward to Rome :( Looks like I will be missing the very first race but I'll be available for the preseason tests and every single round after the 28th. I'm out of town that weekend because of the holiday.

The thinking is to give a month for everyone to get their cars to a reasonable level and have rolling starts etc, down pat. However if the season were to start a week earlier you'd miss Laguna Seca, if it were to start a week later you wouldnt miss a race.

I'll put it to everyone, do we want to have 5 preseason sessions before Rome, have the Rome race then the weekend off for Le Mans before getting into the rest of the season?

That would be perfect for me but of course I don't want the schedule to be shifted for just one person lol.

It wasnt set in stone before to be honest, I'm happy to set it back a week to make sure we have everyone on board.

Oh ok awesome. Well if everyone is fine with that I am definitely for it! I want to be able to race in every event.

Okay so I'm interested so long as I'm not working. So still a tentative yes. Some more info:

PSN: mockingbird00000
Team: don't know yet
Teammate (if applicable): don't know yet
Class:gt1
Car:Ford GT LM spec ii test car

I'll get back to you on the interview questions. I may or may not run with a teammate though probably not since I'm iffy on being able to participate.

Last edited:
Tests look good to me Mitch, races won't start til after my exams which is nice haha, all that's left is for me to have people to race against! :D

Tatoune, I had no idea you didn't speak English well.
You're fine.
I'd acctually appreciate it if you bumped back the season start as far back as possible.
That'll give me a chance to see if this will work with my real karting... :/

PSN: GTP_akmuq
Team: TBC
Teammate (if applicable): TBC
Class: GT2
Car: Not sure but probably ZR1 or Tuscan Speed 6

Please sign me up:
PSN: jepoks
Team: TBD
Teammate (if applicable): TBD
Class: GT2
Car: Audi R8 LMS

oh. i would change to the oreca no problem but i already own a factory 908 which i was using in other series. Their 4 million.

Races will be held every Saturday at 8 or 9PM US EST.

It really depends on if I'm working Saturdays on my summer schedule, which I won't find out for two or three weeks. As it is now, for the next few weeks I work Saturdays 6pm-11pm. Sucks :grumpy:

Would it be possible to do Wednesdays from like 8:30-10:30 PM EST?

And somebody asked what car Jav and I were going to be running.
We're deciding between the BMW V12 LMR, the Bentley Speed 8, and the Audi R8 Team Oreca...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back