Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
5639272918_cbfe71a8b6_b.jpg
Sitting out the back of the Tower Turn Competitions workshop in Florida its not hard to notice the ALMS GT2 spec Ferraris sitting on the lifts in their respective bays. One lime green Patron F430 Scuderia and a newer F458 Italia wearing an inverse version of the F430 livery. Its a small workshop but it looks as professional as any in the Le Mans Endurance Series and has produced some fine rides. Sitting down with team owner and driver TT13 we got a brief look into the teams upcoming season in the GT1 class.

TT13, you have entered GT1 for the coming season, how did you decide to run in that class?

I just love the accessibility of road-going cars that are built to be both driven and loved. I love the double nature of being able to drive on the open road or on a race track, and cars that excel on both. These are real cars built for real drivers, and can be enjoyed on and off the track.

Have you decided on a car and how is it in terms of performance and driveability?

The Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car is a brilliant car, almost frightening with the speeds it allows you to carry into turns, whereas any other car would have thrown you into a barrier. With proper tuning it really is beyond words. Not only fast and sleek but incredibly agile, even at stock weight.

Will you be racing for the full season? or will this be a race by race approach?

I'd like to commit to the full season but I'll have to wait a few weeks to get back to you on that.

Have you organised a teammate? How do you think they will go as part of your team?

Not as of yet. I'm open to teaming up with the other Ford driver, but that's their call. I'm also okay with going solo if not.

Which race on the calendar are you looking forward to racing the most this season?

I've always loved Seca, it's just the right mix of challenging turns and speed-heavy straights, and the history behind it is immense. I'm also becoming quite fond of La Sarthe, it is quite a challenge and is a monster to overcome for sure. Though I look forward to all races with like-minded competitors, any car, any track.

What are your goals and expectations for the coming season?

Only to get better. There are others who I know are scores ahead of me in terms of talent and experience, but I just can't keep away from the track, and it's the knowledge that I'm improving that keeps me coming back.

May 27th is the first preseason event and is sure to be an interesting experience for all involved on the tight street circuit of Mardid in Spain. As always, stay tuned!

Yes the actual races during the season will be Saturdays at 8 or 9pm US EST. Preseason will be at the same time but on a Wednesday starting hopefully this week and will run for 5 weeks.

Ah I may or may not be available for the last few weeks of preseason, but will be around for a good part of the beginning. Is that cool?

PS great job with the interview thingy. Great choice of pic as well ;)

Yeah all good, its only preseason. As long as you get enough sessions in to allow for balancing of cars etc (gotta do it a bit as certain cars really are rockets) then yeah, take a few weeks off until the season really kicks off.

Yes the actual races during the season will be Saturdays at 8 or 9pm US EST. Preseason will be at the same time but on a Wednesday starting hopefully this week and will run for 5 weeks.

so preseason will be for 5 weeks on wednesdays? then the series will start on late may/early june?

as soon as online returns I'll make my choice on the car. Want to test them both out for several laps.

One thing I'm a little iffy on, are the preseason races going to mirror the season as for which tracks in order? (for instance rome this coming wednesday.) Just curious which I should be practicing for once PSN comes back on.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Madrid is a street course but its not Rome (its the full Madrid course too, not the short tracks). And no they wont, I'll use preseason to test out future tracks for following seasons to mix up the racing a bit.

I guess Im out then. I work wednesday nights.

Dude who said anything about Wednesday nights? It's Saturday nights! You should be ok schedulewise, you'll have time after the GT3 race to wind down a bit and go racing with us!

Jav
Dude who said anything about Wednesday nights? It's Saturday nights! You should be ok schedulewise, you'll have time after the GT3 race to wind down a bit and go racing with us!
Ah Jav, I did. He'll miss all of preseason but will be fine for the actual race season.
And TT13 you'll be well advised to start running laps in offline mode free practice, Madrid isnt an easy track....

You'll miss the preseason events but not the season events.

The GT3 races would likely run into this one. It wouldnt be fair to you or the others I couldnt be consistent and committed. I really wish I could do it though.

Ah Jav, I did. He'll miss all of preseason but will be fine for the actual race season.
And TT13 you'll be well advised to start running laps in offline mode free practice, Madrid isnt an easy track....

No, those street courses never are. :scared:

Easy, I mean.

i wonder how all the cars are gonna pan-out, and if the gt1 cars will be able to stay close behind the lmp cars

especially in rome because if you make one wrong turn there your sure to hit the wall :scared:

Those street courses are really gonna be a challenge for the LMP cars! Specially Rome with those cobblestone roads!

Jav
Those street courses are really gonna be a challenge for the LMP cars! Specially Rome with those cobblestone roads!

thats is exactly what i was thinking and sometimes the turns feel pretty tight

IMO Rome is more open than Madrid but its still a street course and well, a street course is a street course.

Are you guys testing at all offline? I've been so bored without PSN that I've done a little testing in Rome. Fastest I've gone so far is 1:01.xxx. I know I can get her into the 1:00 flats. There is one corner that just kicks me in the a$$ every time. Seems like I can never keep the back from coming out.

Nice times Flyin, best I was getting were 1:05's but that was with traffic (race testing). Could probably drop the times with clear air ahead. BTW be careful of those walls, we are running heavy damage ;)

MitchZ06
Nice times Flyin, best I was getting were 1:05's but that was with traffic (race testing). Could probably drop the times with clear air ahead. BTW be careful of those walls, we are running heavy damage ;)

I don't need reminding. :rolleyes:

Best so far, 1:03.192. Definately needs improvement, you may need to share your setup with me Flyin....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back