Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the Z06RM at ALMS GT1 spec is faster than LMES GT1 spec and it appears you got the same time as me so we're all good.
As to if the M3 GTR is the road or race car, well theres no road cars in this racing series so that should tell you something.
Manuel your a bit late but you'll go on the reserve list.
TCS will be allowed, TCS and ABS only. I drive with a DS3 and need it even if its set to 3 so it'll be allowed for everyone. Doesnt mean you have to use it tho.
I'll update the car and driver list.

Also it still appears the PSN is down....

Yeah I was bored earlier and started tuning the Bentley offline. I got to a point where I need to stop tinkering until online comes back up. I've been a sad panda...

Also thanks for updating our cars. 👍

Fwiw, I tested at madrid and ran several 1.20s.. Best of a 1.20.1 iirc... This was with the M3 GTR.

Best I've got is a 1:17.922 but theres plenty of speed left in it. Are you running the revised GT2 spec?

Constant Speed Racing anounces partnership.

Constant Speed Racing is proud to anounce its new partnership with Team Oreca Audi as car suplier for this LMES season!

highspeedringr8oreca.jpg

Constant Speed Racing will be fielding 2 Team Oreca Audi R8 LMP1 cars piloted by Gogatrs and Jav. "We feel very confident with our car and driver lineup, the championship is a very real posiblity for us this season and we will fight for it with every resourse and all our enegy".
The team is in very high spirits for this coming season and is definitely one to keep an eye on!

picture.php
NRG Racing is one of the older and larger racing outfits competing in the Le Mans Endurance Series' GT1 category. Well aware of the challenges facing them their previous experience in the class and professionalism when it comes to car building, setups and teamwork should hold them in good stead against the Ford GT challenge from the 2 smaller teams.
One of the greatest achievements for the team and especially team owner and driver Mitch is the winning of the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the very GT1 Corvette he is set to drive in the LMES.

So tell us, how did you accomplish that victory?

Up against the LMP cars we looked to have absolutely no chance but the weather smiled upon us that day and it rained for about 14 odd hours of the race from the start. I've had alot of experience in the rain with this car having spent 7 hours in the rain competing and winning the Suzuka 1000 so I took it as our best opportunity to push ahead of everyone else. By the time the rain eased off and eventually stopped I had a lead of something like 40 or 50 laps over the rest and from there just had to keep pace and run a good strategy.

The Suzuka 1000 is quite a feat but how did you hold off the faster LMP's in the dieing stages of the race?

We decided around 7 laps per stint for tyres and we could carry just enough fuel to last. This helped keep a fair amount of weight off the car so I could just push and push to the end. By the final lap however one of the LMP's had gotten onto the same lap as me and I had to hold him off thru the Porsche curves to hold onto the win. The adrenaline rush was intense and I was so amazed and relieved to have won, that'll go down in the history books of NRGR as the greatest feat to have been accomplished.

Turning to the LMES, your teammate Flyin looks to be quite a good match for yourself.

Yeah he loves the car and it didnt take much to lure him to NRGR. We had to run a few practice sessions with him to get used to each other and go thru the pitstop strategies etc but in the end its worked out brilliantly.

Your also the organiser behind this series, what are your expectations not only on yourself and NRGR but also the LMES as a whole?

The LMES started off as an idea I had after running the 24 hour. 15 cars split into 3 classes running on the same track was quite a tasty proposition and whilst I'd like to have even more cars, say 30 with 3x classes of 10 each we've got to make do with what we can from the broadcaster Sony. LMP is stacking up to be a battle between grandfathered cars whilst GT1 will be a tight battle between myself and Flyin and the single driver teams of Tower Turn Competition and Posimosh Motorsports. GT2 may not be the fastest on track but by no means will they be 'mobile chicanes', the class is looking like another fierce battle not just within but for the faster cars trying to get past.

Can we expect to see any surprises this season?

From NRGR? No.
From the LMES? Yes I can assure you during the preseason we will be running on a number of tracks that will surprise everyone.

Any hints?

You'll have to wait and see...

Gooduck to all involved and we hope to see you on the podium.

Thats the plan!

Hopefully the PSN is up for preseason Round 1 at Madrid, stay tuned!

Haha tatoune. BTW that name I came up with was last minute and while it has grown on me the reality of it is that it was a place holder. If you had a team name in mind that you want to use it's fine with me :)

Big announcement coming soon regarding GT1 and GT2. New car list and specs will be posted so stay tuned.

Looks like NRG Racing is going to have a pretty good season!

GTP: MajikTom
PSN: MajikTom
Team: Silverbull Racing
Teammate: TBD
Car:Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Matmut

Onto the reserve list you go!
Everybody check the first page, preseason Round 1 has been postponed due to PSN outage, will update later.

Last edited:
Quick question, are there supposed to be pictures in post #3? If so they aren't showing up for me. I imagine they are pictures of tracks. If so could someone just write them down in order for me so I can save the course list? I'd appreciate it :)

Hey you know, If there's still room in GT1, perhaps I'll sign up if I can run my R390 GT1 Race Car...

Provisional new car list added.
MajikTom theres still one spot left in GT1, what car would you use?

The preseason test will help get the cars more even but if you can hustle a GT2 car around Laguna Seca in offline mode in 1:22 then it should be right.

Yeah that weight slows it up a bit. The Fords will be getting restricted in power (the handling makes up for it and they're just a fast car anyway as TT13 can attest to).

MitchZ06
Yeah that weight slows it up a bit. The Fords will be getting restricted in power (the handling makes up for it and they're just a fast car anyway as TT13 can attest to).

Yeah at 600pp the cars I tested were even (R8, Ford GT, and M3 GTR). On madrid, leguna, and la sarthe, they where all pretty close. Well besides la sarthe the GT was a bit slower with only 440hp (had stage 3 engine, so had to cut down a lot to get 600pp).

mgxc.gif
Yes thats right folks there will be a Green X trophy handed out at the end of this season!

The way this will work is each team/driver is to submit their fuel usage numbers (amount of laps between refuelling, how much fuel needed for that amount of laps usually based on the first stint) which will then be calculated to determine which car has used the least amount of fuel per race. A leaderboard will be posted up alongside the drivers, teams and constructors leaderboards. Up for grabs is a shiny new Tesla!

Hmm...new Tesla? Gonna have to save each replay then. :)

Edit...not that you can tell how much fuel your putting in off of the replays. I'll just write down what you use. haha

I just cant believe how much I am able to squeeze out of this car. I still think there is room for me to get into the high 1:16's. There is some unnecessary shifting going on coming up to some of the turns. Of course non of it matters when there is going to be 15 other drivers on the course. I think I'll qualify last, let the carnage happen and then stroll right on by:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back