Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed there are some different regulations up for GT1. I can't weight drop until after the ALMS final race, but the extra HP is useful...

Got a 1:18.882 with 650hp and stock weight@Madrid.

1:03.443@Rome

Last edited:
Well with the current regs, I'm going with the ZR1 for GT2.. The Ford GT is a lot faster (2s on Leguna and la sarthe) but too unstable, Can't imagine with worn tires.

Fwiw I managed a couple 1.18s on madrid and 1.21s on leguna.

You can definitely feel the extra weight on the cars.. Feel so lethargic with it, lol.

Anyone using the Zonda in GT1? Just curious to see how its doing. I dont think I've actually raced anyone in a series that used that car. I would imagine that car would be a handful.

Can I still get in on this? I changed my mind, mainly because in the GT3 series, I am on reserve list. If I can, I would like to run in GT2.

Team Name: Project 54
psn: GTP_MPower
Car: Either ZR1 RM or R8 LMS

Anyone using the Zonda in GT1? Just curious to see how its doing. I dont think I've actually raced anyone in a series that used that car. I would imagine that car would be a handful.

It can be, it also can be pretty fast and consistent and I got the recipie to do it...
;-)

Just saw the new gt1 specs. Er, I was barely keeping pace with you guys at 650hp... :(

During the preseason test concessions will be handed out to different cars to allow them better performance to hang with the faster cars so dont sweat it.

Official Team Born For LMES​

Bentley Racing Development has picked up tatoune and Sephy to bring their Speed 8 to victory this season!

Originally flying under a different banner as an independent team the two drivers formed an alliance and are driving for a factory team. The Speed 8 makes a return to Le Mans and while the body looks the same everything else has been completely overhauled to meet the regulations of today's powerful LMP beasts.

While testing is only just beginning for the pair they are both anxious for the season to start. They feel the preseason races will help tremendously in improving an already great car.

"We are very much aware of the competition we face. There are strong competitors in this class but we will do everything in our power to bring this championship home to Bentley."

Look for Bentley Racing Development to make a real impact in the LMES this season!

01-2.jpg

I'm proud to be with you Sephy, nice work 👍 Just recently got my Bentley. Time to work now !

EDIT: Mitch nice work and also for updating everything 👍

Last edited:
During the preseason test concessions will be handed out to different cars to allow them better performance to hang with the faster cars so dont sweat it.

Good to know 👍 I also have some deadweight from the Sarthe ALMS race that hasn't happened yet, so once that's over and we do some testing to decide on final stuff I'll be lightening. My goal is to have as little ballast weight as humanly possible, though. I just don't like the way it feels and would prefer naturally-balanced car weight if possible. Especially in a car like the Ford.

I finalized my car choice for GT2. I will update my entry.

Class: GT2
PSN: GTP_MPower
Team Name: Project 54
Car: Corvette ZR1 RM

In the 22's at Laguna Seca.

Sweet as, OP updated.
Interesting to note theres only 2 factory teams (BRD/Bentley and NRG/Chevrolet) and one alliance team (CSR/Oreca) announced so far, could there possibly be more?

I've heard the same about the #15 NRG Z06RM, also a rumor there may have been a high 1:17 set earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back