Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because PD didn't give us any Ferrari race car, it is a full race car field.

Yeah no modern Ferrari race cars so no Ferraris. BMW V12 LMR seems a bit older than I'd like (tho I am allowing the Toyota GT-One....) so I guess I'll allow it in.
Wednesdays at 8-10pm would actually work very well for me, what does everyone else think? I'll be running the preseason events on Wednesdays at about that time so we can use it to gauge how well that time slot will work I guess.

And jml1010 theres no more LMP positions available other than on the reserve list.

Weekdays doesn't work for me at all... I get out of class at 11:30 Monday through Thursday.

Mitch don't bother changing times to suit me. I'm in Ireland and your in Oz. Can't possibly get that to work because there is about 12 hours difference and even if you did, it would be pretty crap times for America.:(

For me that time in the US is about lunchtime Sunday for me and thats about the best time since I usually sleep in on Sundays...lol
Sorry times cant work out for you.

Just adding to this series, all those entered will gain automatic selection to Junes 24 Hours (or less) of Le Mans series here GTPACO/FIA 24 Hours of Le Mans June 11-12
LMP cars will have a headstart over other entries just joining for the race while the same will be for the GT1 cars entered for GTE. GT2 drivers will have to push their car to the 650PP limit in order to enter.

Sorry Mitch, but 200 laps, as awesome as it is, is WAY too much for me.
No way I would ever be able to handle that.
Even with a team of three younger brothers. :D

picture.php
As its only 2 days until the first preseason event of the Le Mans Endurance Series we take the time to sit down with the other half of the Constant Speed equation, gogatrs.

As part of Constant Speed Racing Jav and yourself are running in LMP class, who came up with the idea and why?
As many of you know, Jav and I are in a couple different series' together. For this reason, I know that he's an excellent driver/tuner. I've been wanting to race with him for some time now.
Originally I would have liked to race in GT2, Jav wanted to race GT1, so we compromised and decided that we'd go for the all out win. I think we have a pretty decent chance!

Constant Speed Racing are still yet to announce their ride for the season, is this a ploy to keep your cards close to your chest or is it simply a factor of not having made a decision?
No comment.

You competed in the American Le Mans Series with the Peugeot 908 and fared decently well, do you think past LMP experience will be beneficial to your title hopes in the LMES?
Decent? Well if you say so. I have to say that the Pug is a complete beast without aids. It was the only LMP car I had at the time for that league. Now I have all the LMP cars and have to say that many of them are a helluva lot easier to drive. That should help me out quite a bit. Especially with Jav's and my tuning abilities we should be good to go.

What do you make of the current format and regulations regarding car specs?
I actually like the idea of having so much room to startegise on whether you want more weight or more power. However, there's a possibility that the cars might not be all that even. We'll have to see how it pans out.

What track are you looking forward to and why?
Le Mans is one of my favorite courses of all time. I have found that my night driving skills are quite good. I'm already counting down the weeks for when this one starts.

Do you think traffic will add to the challenge or will it be more strategy around the pitstops that will be the deciding factor?
Traffic is what Le Mans, the ALMS, the LMS, and the ILMS is all about. Pit stops will obviously play a big role in avoiding the traffic obviously. But it all depends on the track, how wide it is, are there long straights, is it long, will the traffic be spread out will all factor in to who wins the race.

Are you in for the full season?
I sure as hell hope so!
I'm gonna have to make some arrangements though.
It's either this or a karting league.

And one final question. With Constant Speed Racing based in the US do you think there will be a 'home field advantage' at the 3 USA rounds or will it be business as usual against the other LMP entrants?
Errr. I've driven around the Daytona Road Course before IRL which helped in my previous leagues. But my experience from the ALMS will definitely help more so than the "homefield advantage."

I'd just like to thank Mitch for putting all this together.
This is a great group of guys, should be fun!

The first preseason event is set for May 27th, network availability permitting.

Streets once again the first for the season
picture.php
Rome is the first round of the season for the LMES and so it goes that Madrid has agreed to block off its streets to host the first preseason event. Not being in the full season hasnt stopped the Spanish capital from putting its hand up to host a LMES event and has put it on the list for consideration for next season.

3.4million call Madrid home and will surely be out for the weekday event set to pit the LMES entrants head to head for the first time this year. Only one entry is yet to be settled however not all are expected for this event due to its scheduling and outside commitments of some drivers. Also of concern is the series broadcaster Sony and its Playstation Network being down and its uncertainty of whether or not it will be up in time.

This first event is set for 10 laps of racing aswell as a fair amount of free running on track to set up and tune cars and drivers to the circuit.

Stay tuned!

Sorry about this but I think I'm going to have to pull out of this... at first I thought I could manage the time but turns out a can't, bit of a silly oversight by me there really :( Shame too cause I really liked the look of this series! Curse me and my Britishness lol.

Hopefully I'll get involved in some other series which is better time-wise for me where I can race with you guys :)

Wish you all the best for your series though! Sorry!

Petrol vs Diesel the name of the game in LMP
picture.php
With the LMP grid finally set in stone other than the car lineup of one team the most obvious factor will be the difference in performance between the petrol and diesel powered cars. Producing huge amounts of torque and long stints between pits the diesels will have the edge over the petrol powered machines. Only the Pescarolo Hybride may challenge their endurance potential however they have not been entered into the competition as yet and may miss out altogether depending on the decision Constant Speed Racing makes.

In GT1 the battle between Chevrolet and Ford looks to be the highlight of the class with the strong NRG Racing outfit taking on the single entries from Tower Turn 13 Competition and Posimosh Motorsports. The Corvettes have developement already behind them and a take no prisoners team mentality but previous pace from the Fords should make this a tight battle to the finish each and every race.

Tissimo Competizione faces a race to make a decision on their ride for the season and will be up against the 4 single driver entries in GT2. The Audi has shown pace previously and as an already fast car seems to have the advantage even before preseason has begun. Also another well heeled veteran the BMW M3 GTR of Blaze Racing has many years of developement under its belt and could lead to a German battle for GT2 honours in what is expected to be a tight field.

This commentators expectations for the season?

GLaDOS Racing Development = Constant Speed for LMP
NRG Racing > Tower Turn 13 Competition and Posimosh Motorsports
Audi Team Jepoks > Blaze Racing

Dont take my word for it, this season is expected to be tighter than any before it!

btw I asked for Friday and Saturday off this summer so HOPEfully I'll be able to participate. I'll be running solo most likely unless the other Ford driver wants to team up. Which I'm down for. I'll post my interview questions in a sec.

Last edited:
Yes you are Tower Turn 13 Competition. Seems some of you guys didnt come up with a team name so I thought I'd improvise.

BTW I only went with my GT1 predictions based off the fact NRG Racing (myself and Flyin) have experience working together as a team aswell as we're both fast with the car (and its been in developement under me for about a year now) wheres you and posimosh are single drivers with a short lead time to get the car ready for competition. Oh and dont forget some bias :P

Im seriously considering joining this, but I cant make wednesdays. Its a shame, sounds like real fun.

Im seriously considering joining this, but I cant make wednesdays. Its a shame, sounds like real fun.

Thought it switched back to Saturdays?

EDIT: also, sent the interview PM, and also if you don't mind I'd like to go off your creative name and just shorten to Tower Turn Competition for my "team" name. Is that cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back