Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, 2 hours (ish) of Rome! :dopey: seriously I'll be happy once thats over and theres no more street circuits for the rest of the season.

Preseason Midpoint
picture.php
So far the teams and drivers of the Le Mans Endurance Series have covered 60 laps of preseason racing in Madrid and Monza competing against one and other feeling out the opposition and formulating battle plans, the racing has been both close and exciting for all who have participated so far.

With the Balance of Performance in the GTE class proving the key to evening out the varied playing field the race at Monza could've gone to either Corvette, Nissan, Pagani or even Lamborghini had they not had an early off which cost them dearly. The series heavyweights are putting their hands up to stand out from the crowd and with the current rules are fighting not only amongst themselves but also with the other class opposition and the faster LMP traffic for track space.

The LMP class so far has been disjointed to say the least with Bentley locking out the grid at Madrid being the only entries to visit the Spanish capital but then missed the Monza classic. New entrant in the form of the Pescarolo run by Marly and a early outing for P54s BMW prototype allowed atleast 3 cars to contest for top honours alongside the Ten10 908. The class has appeared as even as the large budgets will allow however the GTPACO will need to see more in the way of competition to better adjudicate proceedings amongst the pointy end of the field.

Rolling on to Nurburgring and its GP/D circuit formation the competitors will face 40 gruelling laps set to push teams, drivers and cars to the breaking point in what will be a gearing up for the longer enduros to come. Following on from this will be a trip to Le Mans, France, for a full length endurance race of 400km to prepare everyone for the journey ahead.

With the Polyphony Digital 400 only 2 weeks away the time is now to set the wheels in motion for a new era of endurance racing, the season and all its machinations will play out before us in the coming weeks and this commentator is looking forward to watching the season unfold!

I'm hitting mid 1:29s at GP/D, I'm sure that's not great but I'm wondering how far off that is from times of say people like Mitch, Flyin, other GT guys. I am 100 percent unfamiliar with this track. I have literally never laid a tire on it before. did 3-5 laps.

Yes , but there isn't a large difference between the two

I do have trouble with the part that is different though

Yeah that makes it harder. I couldn't play with that damn controller. I play with a cheap old PS2 logitech wheel but it lets me have those minor tweaks that keep me from spinning out.

I just adjust my driving a little bit. Like when i started driving LMP cars i had to learn to straighten out the car before i hit the gas coming out of turns.

I'm hitting mid 1:29s at GP/D, I'm sure that's not great but I'm wondering how far off that is from times of say people like Mitch, Flyin, other GT guys. I am 100 percent unfamiliar with this track. I have literally never laid a tire on it before. did 3-5 laps.

I'll throw down a couple of laps and report back. Im having troubles with the same right hand turn. I think I'm just going to leave the car the way it is. Knowing me, I'll tune the car to fix that one problem and then the rest of the track becomes a PIA to drive. I find that taking the corner at a wider angle and not cutting it so much seems to help. If I try to hug it I spin everytime.

As a proud American team, we at BMW Team Project 54 would like to thank all the soldiers that are away from their families so that I can be with mine. Happy memorial day! On another note, our M3 is pretty good. We are running low 29's with a really good progression and stability through the stint. I have my lounge set up if anyone wants to join.

*Double post*

I've got my lounge up if anyone wants to do some practice, join thru the community tab. I've decided I will only use my lounge from now on instead of a room to stop the randoms joining and wasting my time....

Get any faster and that Lambo might be putting the weight back on! :P

Room is now down.

I doubt I could get much faster than that before Wednesday, or at all for that matter. Maybe a second faster if I had a perfect hot lap. But with me and the time I have to prepare for things I don't see that happening. I'll be around 1:28-1:29 during the race if I'm making a guess. Maybe slower in traffic.

I also think I was tuning my tranny incorrectly before. Was only tightening by shortening 6th, lengthening 1st, but I seem to be getting better times after adjusting all the other gears to be equally spaced between 1st and 6th afterward. I'm clearly an amateur at this stuff. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back