Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to call the mods out Mitch shouldn't have been banned. It's ridiculous I was on that thread and I read that discussion and that guy WAS an idiot. He deserved to be called out, he was basically saying it would be ideal for drivers to crash. Having an online heated argument/discussion isn't a reason to ban a user. Mitch was on the right side of the argument and I really am getting sick of some of the mods doing stuff like this. He really wasn't that out of hand if you were able to go read his comments on the thread.

EDIT: Okay, it was a slightly different argument than I thought, but a very similar argument, again Mitch was on the CORRECT side of the argument, that guy he was arguing with was dumb, dirty racing isn't racing. Just because you're not good enough to win doesn't mean you should sit there and block. You suck, or your car sucks, something just isn't good enough and blocking isn't racing it's being not man enough to admit your own inadequacies, whatever the cause, mechanical or human.

Honestly I think the guy he was arguing with should have been banned, not Mitch. Mitch said "I would say that to your face" but it wasn't a threat it was more saying that he stands by his statements when the guy was trying to say he was hiding behind the internet and saying things he wouldn't really stand by in real life. The other guy was really immature saying he would "smash his face in" or whatever. He instigated the personal side of the argument.

Just saying seems stupid and yes it's only a week or whatever but it is truly stupid and I'm used to being a part of forums where there's just a LITTLE bit of free speech and enough trust in the maturity of the group to work it out to a sensible end. This forum is TRULY lacking that.

Last edited:
Guys I just talked to Mitch and everything is still up and running! We will race on Saturday as planned and as soon as the room is up the number will be posted here as usual!

Jav
Guys I just talked to Mitch and everything is still up and running! We will race on Saturday as planned and as soon as the room is up the number will be posted here as usual!

Ok thats good to hear 👍
And i say unban mitch he didnt much say anything out of line :grumpy:

Tower Turn 13
Just saying seems stupid and yes it's only a week or whatever but it is truly stupid and I'm used to being a part of forums where there's just a LITTLE bit of free speech and enough trust in the maturity of the group to work it out to a sensible end. This forum is TRULY lacking that.

Truth is, mitch had a confrontation on a thread that was linked to the main gtplanet news page, which may be viewed by anyone. I'd say any thing that harms the community and the forums image would have been susceptable to a ban. I'm no mod but I'm guessing thats what they were thinking.

You have to say as well that the other guy may have been wrong, but it is his opinion and he is entitled to it just as much as mitch was to his. Freedom of speech works both ways.

Just let it go guys, Mitch will be back with us in a few days and everything will be back to normal.

Truth is, mitch had a confrontation on a thread that was linked to the main gtplanet news page, which may be viewed by anyone. I'd say any thing that harms the community and the forums image would have been susceptable to a ban. I'm no mod but I'm guessing thats what they were thinking.

You have to say as well that the other guy may have been wrong, but it is his opinion and he is entitled to it just as much as mitch was to his. Freedom of speech works both ways.

I agree totally and do think both of them had the right to voice their opinions, though what I don't get is why the conversation had to be vanilla icecream to be acceptable by the community. Why is everything so politically correct? People have other emotions besides complacent. I don't see why it needs to be watered down when they were staying on topic that was specific to the race.

I'm dropping the topic after this post, because I want to move on with the series, I just see this kind of thing repeated here. This community in particular is very intolerant sometimes of the manner in which people express themselves. Not always, but it does happen often enough for me to notice.

If I were a person visiting the page I would just assume these are two guys really passionate about racing and drivers, either wanting their driver to win at any cost or wanting the drivers to be safe at any cost.

Up to the point where the guy threatened Mitch with physical violence. THAT is the only thing I saw out of line in the conversation, unless I missed some posts.

But anyway like I said I'm gonna drop it I just think it was a gross overreaction. Especially considering the conversation ended after the mod asked that it stop (unless I missed further posts or they were deleted).

If it makes you feel better Mitch wasn't the only one banned, Hampus was banned too.

Jav
If it makes you feel better Mitch wasn't the only one banned, Hampus was banned too.

At least that much makes sense. Like I said I'll let it go now that I've said what I had to say. This thread is about racing so I'm fine with getting back to that.

Speaking of, I'm interested in picking up a DFGT maybe today, do you guys think it will make an improvement from 90 degree turning to 2.5 rotations or whatever? I mean I assume the entire car's ability is packed into the 90 degrees in my case, maybe even making turning much more pronounced, but I think that is really downplayed by the fact my wheel is old as sin (from A-Spec era) and seems to have both a huge deadzone and general issues with pedal response etc.

It's sturdy enough to have lasted this long, but I think the in-game adjustments (though gimmicky) might be helpful especially in the rain or such things.

The DFGT seems cool enough and is much more in my pricerange than one of the upper-tier wheels, unless there was one on craigslist or ebay for around 100-150 (like a G25 or Fanatech or something).

I know the wheel discussion is old but could you guys maybe let me know what wheels you use and how they've worked out for you as far as handling response and throttle response?

At least that much makes sense. Like I said I'll let it go now that I've said what I had to say. This thread is about racing so I'm fine with getting back to that.

Speaking of, I'm interested in picking up a DFGT maybe today, do you guys think it will make an improvement from 90 degree turning to 2.5 rotations or whatever? I mean I assume the entire car's ability is packed into the 90 degrees in my case, maybe even making turning much more pronounced, but I think that is really downplayed by the fact my wheel is old as sin (from A-Spec era) and seems to have both a huge deadzone and general issues with pedal response etc.

It's sturdy enough to have lasted this long, but I think the in-game adjustments (though gimmicky) might be helpful especially in the rain or such things.

The DFGT seems cool enough and is much more in my pricerange than one of the upper-tier wheels, unless there was one on craigslist or ebay for around 100-150 (like a G25 or Fanatech or something).

I know the wheel discussion is old but could you guys maybe let me know what wheels you use and how they've worked out for you as far as handling response and throttle response?

Man I would sell you my Fanatec Carrera for $100, but the only problem is that it will be standard pedals, not the CluSports.

Oh dude I don't care as much about the pedals if they fan correctly. Resistance to pressure is cool for realism but I don't need it. Plus something cool is it seems you live not too far away from me if you were truly willing to sell it.

However I might look around a bit and watch some reviews to make a decision. Your wheel at that price would be a much better deal than the DFGT new, though.

Jav, I thought you were running the Carrera wheel now? Looking to upgrade? C mon man, like you need any more of an advantage :lol:

TT13 the prices of the wheels are pretty steep. I think the top of the line pedals alone cost more than the PS3. :( The good thing is I think you can use them for games on the pc. :)

Using a g25, more wheel than i will ever need! Lets me feed the throttle in if I want, release brakes gradually on turn in. Or just mash the throttle and drive like a lunatic! Steering feel is good as well!

Oh dude I don't care as much about the pedals if they fan correctly. Resistance to pressure is cool for realism but I don't need it. Plus something cool is it seems you live not too far away from me if you were truly willing to sell it.

However I might look around a bit and watch some reviews to make a decision. Your wheel at that price would be a much better deal than the DFGT new, though.

Ok, the problem with the Standard pedals is that the potentiometers(sensors) will come loose giving you erratic inputs(95% gas and brake), evry once in a while you have to open them up and repossition them. My advice is get yourself the Carrera wheel with the new version of the Standard pedals wich is supossed to have fixed this issue.
I can sell you the wheel and pedals all in perfect working order, but in a few months the potentiometers will start to bug you.

Maybe that's what's going on with the pedals on my wheel now? On a PC sim in setup it showed the pedal response to be quite odd (showed 10 percent brake without me even touching it, stomped it lightly but fully and it went away).

Anyway I'm just ready for an upgrade and ASAP.

I'll let you know, Jav. One question does the Carrera have pedal shifts? Some cars it really helps like R10 or some sports cars that have them in the real model of car.

EDIT: one of the things that isn't more important than handling and pedal response but is high up there for me is button mapping. The ones I like to have easy access to are look left, look right and look back for cockpit mode, reverse if not a gear position, lights and wipers. Wipers aren't as important as they're automatic in GT5, and the hand-brake button is handy for light correcting.

Odd but when I look at the wheels online the first thing I think is "can I do all the same things as easily? Where would this button translate to?" etc.

Last edited:
Maybe that's what's going on with the pedals on my wheel now? On a PC sim in setup it showed the pedal response to be quite odd (showed 10 percent brake without me even touching it, stomped it lightly but fully and it went away).

Anyway I'm just ready for an upgrade and ASAP.

I'll let you know, Jav. One question does the Carrera have pedal shifts? Some cars it really helps like R10 or some sports cars that have them in the real model of car.

EDIT: one of the things that isn't more important than handling and pedal response but is high up there for me is button mapping. The ones I like to have easy access to are look left, look right and look back for cockpit mode, reverse if not a gear position, lights and wipers. Wipers aren't as important as they're automatic in GT5, and the hand-brake button is handy for light correcting.

Odd but when I look at the wheels online the first thing I think is "can I do all the same things as easily? Where would this button translate to?" etc.

The Carrera has paddle shifters and you can map the buttons to your liking in the DFP menu. I use mine just the way it came mapped, pretty easy to use.

As long as it's known that it wasn't our 'fued' that got him a time-out, I just want to say that perhaps with this new update for gt5, the racing online has gotten more jumpy or laggy. I don't got a problem with anyone here, I don't know anyone here personally that is, so internet fights aren't a big deal to me. But when you criticise someone for something without knowing the full take, it's bound to cause problems. That said, I want to race still, but really I'd rather race in LMP, that was my initial goal joining this series.

I never really suspected it was because of that. Me and him were posting back and forth a bit on the 24 hour thread and I saw some people being idiots and him arguing with them, so I figured that was probably the culprit. I've never had any issues with you or Mitch or anyone here for that matter, I said what I saw from the video but that could be misleading since it really doesn't show lag and I'm not passing judgment, I don't want to get involved in those things and there are always going to be at least two perspectives of any given situation. Cheers, man. Here's to all of us getting back to the track.

Kind of a trade off with new online fixes. To me, its much smoother both on the track and watching someone putting down some laps. Downside is its buggy as hell right now. A lot of random hangups for me. Last night in FIA it froze on me when Jav adjusted event settings. And I aldo notice more people joining the room and getting booted right after. Im sure they already know what the issues are and are already on tip of trying to fix them. I loving this last update so far. Would never had tried drifting if they didnt offer suits and helmets for prizes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back