Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

and excited about being able to use a shifter like the TH8A and the TH8S along with the pro wheel and pedals using the drivehub.
Does it work like that? Well on console anyway, on PC you can plug anything in. For instance, I don't think GT7 will register inputs from multiple devices. Might be wrong, but worth checking out before you go buying extra equipment - you've been down that road. 😉

Last edited:
Well... guess I'll have to give forza another shot then. I have the ps5 base and last time when using drivehub and xbx there was no feedback
You will need the latest beta firmware for it to work. @Podger is the best person to confirm that it works.

I believe the latest beta firmware is beta 7. You can get it through the firmware app or you can use the web tool. Here is a link to that:

Does it work like that? Well on console anyway, on PC you can plug anything in. For instance, I don't think GT7 will register inputs from multiple devices. Might be wrong, but worth checking out before you go buying extra equipment - you've been down that road. 😉
The drivehub has 3 USB ports on the back. One port is for the hori controller, one is for the wheel and the last one is for accessories. Form what I have been told, you can use a USB hub on this port to extend it. No clue what the max load is for the port but I've heard that you can use a few devices on it.

I am really wanting that T8HA shifter but my wife would probably kill me if I buy more stuff right now lol.

If I did have that shifter right now, all I would need to do is plug in the hori, the wheel and then plug the shifter into the accessory port. Then fire up the PS5, load up whatever game I want to play and then have fun feeling the FFB, trueforce and grinding gears with that shifter. It's super simple to hook up and use the drivehub.

Sidenote: the current Logitech shifter does not work on the accessory port of the drivehub. It does have a DB9 connector but it does not use serial data. If you want to use that shifter you will need to purchase and use the Logitech racing adapter and plug that into the wheel.

all I would need to do is plug in the hori, the wheel and then plug the shifter into the accessory port.
Hmm, still not sure about that. Unless of course the Drivehub converts other shifters to appear as the current Logitech shifter to the console. That'd probably work. Maybe...

Sneaking past your wife might be more difficult. 😄

Hmm, still not sure about that. Unless of course the Drivehub converts other shifters to appear as the current Logitech shifter to the console. That'd probably work. Maybe...

Sneaking past your wife might be more difficult. 😄
Totally understand the hesitation. @Podger is one of the devs that works on the drivehub. I'm sure he can answer it way better than I could.

I so want to buy it right now so I can show everyone that the shifter works great with the drivehub and does work just like it would in a setup that doesn't need the drivehub.

Totally understand the hesitation. @Podger is one of the devs that works on the drivehub. I'm sure he can answer it way better than I could.

I so want to buy it right now so I can show everyone that the shifter works great with the drivehub and does work just like it would in a setup that doesn't need the drivehub.
That’s one of the things that drivehub can do. It takes accessories from other vendors like pedals, shifters and handbrakes and blends them into the wheel currently being emulated. the only time this is limited is when say for games that know the g29 didn’t have a handbrake option and so they were lazy and didnt deal with a non existing handbrake. This didn’t happen on Xbox as they use a more generalised api…

That’s one of the things that drivehub can do. It takes accessories from other vendors like pedals, shifters and handbrakes and blends them into the wheel currently being emulated. the only time this is limited is when say for games that know the g29 didn’t have a handbrake option and so they were lazy and didnt deal with a non existing handbrake. This didn’t happen on Xbox as they use a more generalised api…

Is the logitech ps5 pro now working 100% with drivehub on the series x?

Is the logitech ps5 pro now working 100% with drivehub on the series x?
Yeah it’s working, you can use it in ps5/ps4 or pc mode. Pc mode is best as you get full 16 bit ffb and 10 rpm leds rather than the 8 bit ffb and 5 rpm leds supported on ps5 mode. I don’t think too many games on Xbox support the new trueforce api, I used GRID 2019 to test, it felt good.

Yeah it’s working, you can use it in ps5/ps4 or pc mode. Pc mode is best as you get full 16 bit ffb and 10 rpm leds rather than the 8 bit ffb and 5 rpm leds supported on ps5 mode. I don’t think too many games on Xbox support the new trueforce api, I used GRID 2019 to test, it felt good.

Sweet. I'll give it another go. Maybe the lack of force feedback on forza 8 was due to the dev slacking on trueforce implementation. If I recall back in November the drive hub picked the prowheel up as the g923 so if it is recognizing it correctly now in game it should be an improvement.

@Podger i know this is going to sound like a stupid question but I never use the Xbox so I don't know much about it.

I just installed Forza on my series x and tried it out with the drivehub and had the wheel set to pro. I used the Logitech recommended settings from there website and then went for a quick race.

The torque is definitely there.... Did a quick glance at the wheel display and saw it going over 8nm.... Didn't watch it enough to see a peak value. The problem is that there is absolutely 0 vibration. The only thing I can feel on the wheel is that it's getting heavy when I enter a turn and then starts getting light on the exit.

Is it normal to not have any vibration? I've never used a wheel on an Xbox so I don't know how it is supposed to feel.

I'm using one of the controllers that came with the Xbox to plug into the controller port on the drivehub.... Do I need a different controller for it?

@Podger i know this is going to sound like a stupid question but I never use the Xbox so I don't know much about it.

I just installed Forza on my series x and tried it out with the drivehub and had the wheel set to pro. I used the Logitech recommended settings from there website and then went for a quick race.

The torque is definitely there.... Did a quick glance at the wheel display and saw it going over 8nm.... Didn't watch it enough to see a peak value. The problem is that there is absolutely 0 vibration. The only thing I can feel on the wheel is that it's getting heavy when I enter a turn and then starts getting light on the exit.

Is it normal to not have any vibration? I've never used a wheel on an Xbox so I don't know how it is supposed to feel.

I'm using one of the controllers that came with the Xbox to plug into the controller port on the drivehub.... Do I need a different controller for it?
Yeah the ffb in FM8 is pretty dull if you have been playing a game with trueforce on PS5… I don’t know what to say other than that, but my testing showed the real wheel and emulated wheel felt the very same, regardless of how good or bad it felt.
Trueforce has really upped the game for ffb IMO.

Yeah the ffb in FM8 is pretty dull if you have been playing a game with trueforce on PS5… I don’t know what to say other than that, but my testing showed the real wheel and emulated wheel felt the very same, regardless of how good or bad it felt.
Trueforce has really upped the game for ffb IMO.
I think I am having an actual issue with my setup for that game. I'll try to check it in wreckfest on the xbox before I go to work if I have time.

I tried out forza on my PC using my DD11 in normal PC mode and the FFB is ok. I get vibrations when hitting the wall or letting go of the wheel. It's nothing special like trueforce...but it does provide ok feedback info.

I tried 2 different xbox controllers and had the same results. I am getting literally 0 vibration. The wheel goes tight and lose in a normal way, but I do not feel any kind of fight with the wheel when hitting a wall or letting go of the steering wheel. The wheel goes to a completely neutral state when I let go of it while accelerating...0 oscillation.

I played with the settings a bit but did not notice any difference. One difference between the PC version and the xbox version that I saw was in the wheel settings...in the pc version, the profile selection shows the g pro wheel as the profile but in the xbox version it just shows 3 or 4 default profiles and does not show the pro wheel anywhere iin the settings.

Tried wreckfest and it did not have any vibration. Also, the wheel and pedals were extemely sluggish. It was hard to tell if the car was even responding to the wheel turning. The transmission kept going back to neutral a few seconds after I tried to put it in first gear using the paddles.

I did not change any of the settings prior to trying it out. This game is having the same profile issue like forza. The profile screen shows a very basic wheel...maybe something like a G25 but not sure. It has 4 default profiles and does not list the pro in the profile.

Is the drivehub having issues complerting the identification stage of the initial handshake? Kinda looks like it is getting confused about which wheel is trying to connect to the drivehub.

Sweet. I'll give it another go. Maybe the lack of force feedback on forza 8 was due to the dev slacking on trueforce implementation. If I recall back in November the drive hub picked the prowheel up as the g923 so if it is recognizing it correctly now in game it should be an improvement.
i am officially throwing in the towel and giving up on pushing random buttons to try and get forza 8 to work. I do not have any background or affiliation with any hardware or software devs. I'm just a casual player that likes to google-fu stuff to see if I can get it to magically work lol.

There is something or several things (probably several) that are having some kind of compatibility issue or something. My wheel and pedals work as expected (nice way to say not great) on the PC version with the wheel in a normal pc configuration. The xbox version, at least with the series x, is having some really funky issues when trying to use my wheel in pro mode and using the drivehub configuration. There is absolutely 0 vibration based feedback and there is no feeling of fighting the wheel when hitting the wall or losing control.

I did notice 2 odd things (there are probably more but it's just not worth any more time or effort to discover)...

• The first one is that the RPM lights on the G Pro wheel base (not drivehub) are completely inactive or possibly getting disabled somehow...no matter which way I try to set the RPM lights, there is 0 activity on the lights.​
  • The second and way more odd thing is in regards to adjusting the brake force on the wheel base. The amount of resistance/strength is inversed. IF you adjust the value to a higher level, the brake pedal will get lighter isntead of heavier. If you adjust the value to a lower level, the brake pedal will become heavier.​

So yeah, I seriously do not recommend trying to play Forza 8 using the G Pro with the drivehub. Just walk away and do not waste your time.

On a much better note, I tried on Dirt Rally 2.0 because the LogitechG Pro Settings page recommends setting he trueforce audio to 100 and it is available with the game pass thing. One odd thing I see in the settings is that they recommend setting the wheel to G923 mode...I used the pro mode and did not attempt the compatibility mode. I'm not much of a fan of rally games, but WOW! The wheel felt absolutely amazing in this game. Trueforce feels like it is fully supported, and everything about the FFB and just overall feel felt absolutely perfect, maybe even better than AMS2 on PC, bu it's hard to pick which is better.

I have seen a lot of people recommend trying out Grid 2019 because this wheel is fully supported in that game. Unfortunately, I couldn't try it out because it is not available through game pass or the online store in the xbox.

Oh and also figured I should mention this....I did the recommended 10 second shutdown, then did the turn on procedure to get the drivehub up and working. I went into Forza 8 and tried messing with the settings in-game and on the wheel for around 15 minutes and gave up. I did not close the game, just hit the xbox button on the wheel to take me back to the home screen. From the home screen, I started up Dirt Rally 2.0 using the wheel and did not readjust any of the settings in the wheel prior to starting dirt rally. I wanted to see how the wheel would respond in the game with the game set to all of its default modes. I selected the free roam option, picked some random car and location and started the free roam. At the exact moment the countdown in the game finshed and handed the controls over to me, the trueforce sprang to life and immediatly told me that trueforce is here and ready to have some fun.

So without restarting the drivehub, wheel or xbox I was able to go from one game that is 100% broken and unusable in my opinion (even if this was using a super cheap budget focused setup, I would call it unusable if it felt this way)....then go directly into another game (emphasis again on the fact that nothing needed to be restarted, and all deviced maintained their initial handshake, completed the steps to enter their necessary communication protocols and maintained polling and data transfer without user based interruptions like resets, etc) that is working absolutely perfect and my dd11, pro pedals and drivehub did all of the necessary procedures to become an exact clone of the xbox/pc version of the wheel base....at least from what I can tell, but please keep in mind that this is just my opinion and I am probably at a slightly below to just about average skill level sim driver/racer.

So to clarify for the hard of reading (me, clearly)

Plugging a drivehub into my PS5 will allow me to plug the Logi G Pro in to the drivehub, and my TH8A into the drivehub, and play GT7 with them working together, with Trueforce working on the wheel? (not fussed about rpm lights etc., VR)

a drivehub into my PS5 will allow me to plug the Logi G Pro in to the drivehub, and my TH8A into the drivehub, and play GT7 with them working together, with Trueforce working on the wheel? (not fussed about rpm lights etc., VR)
Yep exactly! I'm getting a TH8S today and will use drivehub to make it compatible. You will need to upgrade the drivehub to the latest beta version. After you upgrade the firmware,, your wheel will have full trueforce support and the RPM gauge on the wheel and on the drivehub will start working.

@Sturdy you will also need a hori mini or a pad fps plus controller that plugs into the controller slot of the drivehub.
Thanks for that :) Will be interested to hear how you get on with it, after 12+ months of waiting for a Logitech Pro Shifter, this may well do for me instead. The fact it'd only end up around £100 or so is also great, was (happily) expecting to pay £200 - £300 for the logitech one to justify the presumed 'Pro' tag.

Thanks for that :) Will be interested to hear how you get on with it, after 12+ months of waiting for a Logitech Pro Shifter, this may well do for me instead. The fact it'd only end up around £100 or so is also great, was (happily) expecting to pay £200 - £300 for the logitech one to justify the presumed 'Pro' tag.
I am actually kinda shocked that Logitech launched this very high quality wheel and pedals, but then only offers a crappy toy that they call a shifter...even worse is that I would have to buy and use the racing adapter just to get it to work within their ecosystem.

I really think that the drivehub is now way more than just a way to make wheels compatible. Now that it has trueforce support, I can use my dd11 pc only base, pro wheel and pedals on my PS5, Xbox series x and PC without having to change to a different wheel or pretty much anything else except the controller that the drivehub uses for emulation. Having trueforce support iforf all 3 setups id a huge deal by itself but then take that and add in an accessory port on the drivehub that can be expanded by using a USB hub on it, and now you not only can move outside of the logitech ecosystem, you can now also create a personally tailored setup (no clue about any kind of wheel support though) in the same way that you can tailor a setup on the PC.

If you are interested, I made a post yesterday about my experience over the past day or so with the new drivehbub firmware. I also included 2 pretty crappy videos that I improvised on the spot to show that this solution is a fully working and very real solution instead of being a stop-gap measure or a bandaid fix.

Here is the link to the post:

i am officially throwing in the towel and giving up on pushing random buttons to try and get forza 8 to work. I do not have any background or affiliation with any hardware or software devs. I'm just a casual player that likes to google-fu stuff to see if I can get it to magically work lol.

There is something or several things (probably several) that are having some kind of compatibility issue or something. My wheel and pedals work as expected (nice way to say not great) on the PC version with the wheel in a normal pc configuration. The xbox version, at least with the series x, is having some really funky issues when trying to use my wheel in pro mode and using the drivehub configuration. There is absolutely 0 vibration based feedback and there is no feeling of fighting the wheel when hitting the wall or losing control.

I did notice 2 odd things (there are probably more but it's just not worth any more time or effort to discover)...

• The first one is that the RPM lights on the G Pro wheel base (not drivehub) are completely inactive or possibly getting disabled somehow...no matter which way I try to set the RPM lights, there is 0 activity on the lights.​
  • The second and way more odd thing is in regards to adjusting the brake force on the wheel base. The amount of resistance/strength is inversed. IF you adjust the value to a higher level, the brake pedal will get lighter isntead of heavier. If you adjust the value to a lower level, the brake pedal will become heavier.​

So yeah, I seriously do not recommend trying to play Forza 8 using the G Pro with the drivehub. Just walk away and do not waste your time.

On a much better note, I tried on Dirt Rally 2.0 because the LogitechG Pro Settings page recommends setting he trueforce audio to 100 and it is available with the game pass thing. One odd thing I see in the settings is that they recommend setting the wheel to G923 mode...I used the pro mode and did not attempt the compatibility mode. I'm not much of a fan of rally games, but WOW! The wheel felt absolutely amazing in this game. Trueforce feels like it is fully supported, and everything about the FFB and just overall feel felt absolutely perfect, maybe even better than AMS2 on PC, bu it's hard to pick which is better.

I have seen a lot of people recommend trying out Grid 2019 because this wheel is fully supported in that game. Unfortunately, I couldn't try it out because it is not available through game pass or the online store in the xbox.

Oh and also figured I should mention this....I did the recommended 10 second shutdown, then did the turn on procedure to get the drivehub up and working. I went into Forza 8 and tried messing with the settings in-game and on the wheel for around 15 minutes and gave up. I did not close the game, just hit the xbox button on the wheel to take me back to the home screen. From the home screen, I started up Dirt Rally 2.0 using the wheel and did not readjust any of the settings in the wheel prior to starting dirt rally. I wanted to see how the wheel would respond in the game with the game set to all of its default modes. I selected the free roam option, picked some random car and location and started the free roam. At the exact moment the countdown in the game finshed and handed the controls over to me, the trueforce sprang to life and immediatly told me that trueforce is here and ready to have some fun.

So without restarting the drivehub, wheel or xbox I was able to go from one game that is 100% broken and unusable in my opinion (even if this was using a super cheap budget focused setup, I would call it unusable if it felt this way)....then go directly into another game (emphasis again on the fact that nothing needed to be restarted, and all deviced maintained their initial handshake, completed the steps to enter their necessary communication protocols and maintained polling and data transfer without user based interruptions like resets, etc) that is working absolutely perfect and my dd11, pro pedals and drivehub did all of the necessary procedures to become an exact clone of the xbox/pc version of the wheel base....at least from what I can tell, but please keep in mind that this is just my opinion and I am probably at a slightly below to just about average skill level sim driver/racer.

This really bums me out. I just want to play forza and it not feel like garbage, either by using my druvehub or getting an xbox rim whenever logotech releases it. It's really on turn 10 to make this happen and it doesn't sound like it is going well if they aren't going to support trueforce

Plugging a drivehub into my PS5 will allow me to plug the Logi G Pro in to the drivehub, and my TH8A into the drivehub, and play GT7 with them working together, with Trueforce working on the wheel? (not fussed about rpm lights etc., VR)
Yes, and to be on the safe side I tested it and found a bug to I have posted an update to fix it :) On GRID I still had to map all the gears too in the settings

@Sturdy you will also need a hori mini or a pad fps plus controller that plugs into the controller slot of the drivehub.
not quite, if he has a PS5 base you dont need a horipad, you just plug the wheel where the horpad goes and it just passes straight through and adds any accessories you have in the other usb ports

not quite, if he has a PS5 base you dont need a horipad, you just plug the wheel where the horpad goes and it just passes straight through and adds any accessories you have in the other usb ports
So just making sure I understand, I have the PS5 base/wheel and the pro pedals and want to use them on the Xbox series X .. so no additional controllers are required (Hori pad ,etc) I just connect the base to the drivehub usb port where the controller would connect to and then connect the pro pedals to the accessory port and all is good to do? Please confirm 🙏

So just making sure I understand, I have the PS5 base/wheel and the pro pedals and want to use them on the Xbox series X .. so no additional controllers are required (Hori pad ,etc) I just connect the base to the drivehub usb port where the controller would connect to and then connect the pro pedals to the accessory port and all is good to do? Please confirm 🙏
Ah, on Xbox you need an Xbox controller for the license, but if you have a Xbox, you should have a controller too

I’ve got a Drivehub I bought about 4 years or so ago and used it briefly with my old Fanatec setup. I have the Logitech Pro PS5 setup and have been waiting patiently for Logitech to bring out a Xbox compatible wheel so I can use my base on the Xbox. I will have to update my Drivehub and see it I can get my Logitech working with my Xbox. I am assuming I can just update my V2 Drivehub and make it work.

I’ve got a Drivehub I bought about 4 years or so ago and used it briefly with my old Fanatec setup. I have the Logitech Pro PS5 setup and have been waiting patiently for Logitech to bring out a Xbox compatible wheel so I can use my base on the Xbox. I will have to update my Drivehub and see it I can get my Logitech working with my Xbox. I am assuming I can just update my V2 Drivehub and make it work.
@motoman617 can you report back here and let us know how it works out ... I too have been waiting for a long while for Logitech to release stand-alone xbox rim (I own the PS/PC base)

I'm glad you clarified this as I'd got the impression a PS5 base wouldn't need the Hori, so that makes sense. Great stuff!

Podger, thank you for stepping in and correcting my comment about the hori. I wasn't putting any thoughts about the ps5 base into consideration when I made my posts about it.

Back