Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Hey @LOGI_Rich

Yesterday I wanted to play on the PC, and when I took the steering wheel off the PS5 I noticed that the cable was like this.. is there a problem using it like that? It does look like it's just the cover, but I don't know..

Btw, the cable wasn't touching the wall or anything.. even the side that connects to the base is starting to come loose. I have the wheel for about 8 months now. Maybe you guys should look into reinforcing those parts in the future.
Thanks in advance :)🤝

Btw, this thing is great if you are constantly switching between PC and PS5.

Attachments

• -1683953764-596771424.jpg
    -1683953764-596771424.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Finally decided against the GT DD Pro and for the G Pro.

I’m incredibly excited.

Will be my Christmas present to myself :)

Is anybody here using it with a PlaySeat challenge?

Does it work? Is it still foldable?

Last edited:
This clicking feel from spring under the collar is becoming more pronounced with each use and starts to be annoying. On Suzuka's last chickane, SPA, and when FFB works harder.

I've looked on the spring and it's spinning with collar when I try to apply your solution. Should it be that way?

@LOGI_Rich Is there any easy fix that I could apply to solve this feeling?

I’m incredibly excited.

I wouldn't buy any playseat, I had Playseat Trophy and it was very uncomfortable. It was like a fishing chair.

I can recommend Next Level Racing 2.0 NLR-S023 . You can place the wheels from your office chair and you'll get the most comfortable seat ever + it is cheap, heavy and handles G Pro with ease. When you take the chair out of it it becomes pretty small and you can always fold it to save more space. There is also shifter+handbrake mount included. (But we are still waiting for an announcement of a pro shifter)
One drawback: you'll need to drill one hole for the front screw, alhtough I not sure if 3 screws are mandatory.

You've choosen the better wheel, it's strong in GT7 and the TRUEFORCE adds lots of useful information. Please set recommended settings for GT7 before use, because TRUEFORCE out of the box on standard settings is weird ;)

Attachments

• 20230901_184702.jpg
    20230901_184702.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230901_184602.jpg
    20230901_184602.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230901_184545.jpg
    20230901_184545.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 31
I wouldn't buy any playseat, I had Playseat Trophy and it was very uncomfortable. It was like a fishing chair.

I can recommend Next Level Racing 2.0 NLR-S023 . You can place the wheels from your office chair and you'll get the most comfortable seat ever + it is cheap, heavy and handles G Pro with ease. When you take the chair out of it it becomes pretty small and you can always fold it to save more space. There is also shifter+handbrake mount included. (But we are still waiting for an announcement of a pro shifter)
One drawback: you'll need to drill one hole for the front screw, alhtough I not sure if 3 screws are mandatory.

You've choosen the better wheel, it's strong in GT7 and the TRUEFORCE adds lots of useful information. Please set recommended settings for GT7 before use, because TRUEFORCE out of the box on standard settings is weird ;)

Thanks for your reply :)

Will look into it when I’m back home.

Very exciting.

I’m incredibly excited.

I don't know actually. I'm with GT Omega Classic full cockpit + vertical and horizontal support bars for the wheel stand to avoid flex as much as possible.

Find this on Reddit might help you✌️

Hey @LOGI_Rich

Yesterday I wanted to play on the PC, and when I took the steering wheel off the PS5 I noticed that the cable was like this.. is there a problem using it like that? It does look like it's just the cover, but I don't know..

Btw, the cable wasn't touching the wall or anything.. even the side that connects to the base is starting to come loose. I have the wheel for about 8 months now. Maybe you guys should look into reinforcing those parts in the future.
Thanks in advance :)🤝
Had mine for similar time and same insulation damage on cable at USB-A end.

I’m incredibly excited.

I had a playseat with the G-pro at the start. And it works but you have to reinforce the wheel plate with some 3d-printed stiffners. There is alot of drawings of those out in the web, and also some ppl that sell those.
I recommend to strenghten the connection between the chair and the pedal thing aswell.

I was able to fold it with these mods.

I had a playseat with the G-pro at the start. And it works but you have to reinforce the wheel plate with some 3d-printed stiffners. There is alot of drawings of those out in the web, and also some ppl that sell those.
I recommend to strenghten the connection between the chair and the pedal thing aswell.

I was able to fold it with these mods.
Cool. Thank you.

This clicking feel from spring under the collar is becoming more pronounced with each use and starts to be annoying. On Suzuka's last chickane, SPA, and when FFB works harder.

I've looked on the spring and it's spinning with collar when I try to apply your solution. Should it be that way?

@LOGI_Rich Is there any easy fix that I could apply to solve this feeling?
They're not glued to each other so you can isolate the spring using a screwdriver or even the end of a pen - then turn the collar and the spring will stay where you keep it. Definitely worth a try to see if it helps.

@GlamFM It'll work on the Challenge. It still fold up as well, although not quite as much as it does with the G-series wheels... and it does become a pretty hefty item to carry :)

1693824493443.png

Last edited:
Bit the bullet. Sold my G29 (along with the m6 bolts and washers... that was dumb, had to go get new ones) and bought a Pro Wheel and pedals. I have a GT1 Evo from Simlab, the wheel fits the exact same pattern as the g29 on the wheeldeck, meaning 2 screws go in at the back and the one at the front doesnt line up. At the front I used the tableclamp making it rocksolid.

Mounting the pedals to the deck and doing some cable management tomorrow. Probably have to adjust the load cell as well, have some reading to do but seems to me it comes with the lightest setting as standard. I won't be using the clutch, so thinking about removing that one.

Getting back to the screws, feels a bit weird they weren't included.

Overall: ordered Saturday evening, got delive today. The packaging was really well done, love the feel of the wheel (nice smell too!). Some serious shifters, completely different feel and sound compared to my old g29. Base is too big, had to adjust the TV stand a couple of times before it would fit. QR works flawlessly and is a 100 times better than fanatecs. Pedals feel really nice. It all feels well built with quality materials.

Hopefully getting some laps in tomorrow.

I was a bit put off by the lack of proper bolts myself, as I had to drive to Canadian tire and their bolts aren’t cheap haha. But I also get the idea of it, everybody is mounting it to a different base so it’s a good way to make sure people go by the proper length bolts instead of just using the longest ones provided if Logitech provided them in the first place.

But it does seem funny to buy a $1500 wheel and have to go to the store to buy bolts. I bought a wall mount tv stand and got about 30 bolts with that thing and it was $15. Lol. I almost spent that on bolts and washers at Canadian tire to mount my wheel and pedals. The other option was drive much further and pay a little less for bolts. The annoying part was, my rig was ready, so I unpack it and find out I now have to drive to the store and find some proper bolts.

I was a bit put off by the lack of proper bolts myself, as I had to drive to Canadian tire and their bolts aren’t cheap haha. But I also get the idea of it, everybody is mounting it to a different base so it’s a good way to make sure people go by the proper length bolts instead of just using the longest ones provided if Logitech provided them in the first place.

But it does seem funny to buy a $1500 wheel and have to go to the store to buy bolts. I bought a wall mount tv stand and got about 30 bolts with that thing and it was $15. Lol. I almost spent that on bolts and washers at Canadian tire to mount my wheel and pedals. The other option was drive much further and pay a little less for bolts. The annoying part was, my rig was ready, so I unpack it and find out I now have to drive to the store and find some proper bolts.

Because of the design of the base and pedal, I can see why Logitech don’t include the bolts, if they were to supply, bolts could either be too short and you might strip threads not thinking about it or worst too long and push through vital internals. Bad either way so best to let user decide (based on mounting instructions) which bolt length is most appropriate for their rig.

I’m incredibly excited.

Somehow agreed to get a dog for my daughter. So now G PRO for me this year. :(

:)

Because of the design of the base and pedal, I can see why Logitech don’t include the bolts, if they were to supply, bolts could either be too short and you might strip threads not thinking about it or worst too long and push through vital internals. Bad either way so best to let user decide (based on mounting instructions) which bolt length is most appropriate for their rig.
Yeah I mentioned that. I work on a lot of different stuff myself, so I think that’s what bugged me about it. I personally read instructions when its regarding something that expensive but I know some do not and would just use any bolt length they felt like using. The kicker for me was the local Canadian tire had the right size but not the right length in stock so I had to cut them to length, another annoyance. I can’t imagine living in the boonies getting this wheel and finding you’ve gotta drive an hour or two just for some bolts. Most people don’t keep bolts on hand. I do, but not much for metric. Most people have a tape measure, but not a variety of M6 bolts or whatever size they were.

I get their reasoning, but doesn’t mean I still can’t be annoyed by it, and they do have a warning ⚠️ in the manual about that so IMO if people want to screw up their new wheel because they’re impatient go for it. Those are the people that put super glue in their eyes and hair, the reason a tube of chapstick has to have a warning “do not apply to your eyeballs” lol

Hai, long time lurker here - but this question has been bugging me and actually stops me from purchasing - most likely for @LOGI_Rich to answer:
Re: "After learning that when combining Playstation version of the wheel base with Xbox version of the wheel, one gets a full compatibility with PC, Playstation and X box" (from reddit )

Is this true ? i.e. the chip for PS5 compatibility being in the base and the xbox compatibility chip in the wheel itself ?
if so indeed - when will the first single steeringwheel (for xbox) be availble separately ?

And additionally - seeing the above comments:
The wheel is now being sold at best buy online (USA)
PC only mind you
Can we expect the G Pro Wheel & Pedals (console versions for me...) to be purchasable through european retailers (Saturn, media markt, et al) at some point in the near ish future ?
Especially with this price tier, I do like to have an in-person/shop contact, should warranty issues arise. Not a fan of online selling & support only at all in this price bracket (especially after hearing about the amount of faulty units people received and had so-so support experiences afterwards... - much thanks to @LOGI_Rich for being available here... this again is a huge plus imo for the g pro...).

Cheers.
c.

Last edited:
Hi there.

Yes, if you attach an Xbox wheel to a PlayStation base then you get a multi platform product. I can’t talk about when more wheel rims might be available though I’m afraid.

We’re always looking to expand product distribution but there’s many factors involved and at the moment it’s just the PC-only version that is available at retailers.

Do bear in mind though that the few issues you see here really are a tiny fraction of the number of wheels that are actually out in the market!

Thanks for the reply :)
This
a multi platform product.
would be the one I am after ideally (and/as I do not care much if the correct X or xbox/ps emblem is on the wheels' buttons)... and imo it would be grand if Logitech would offer this (ideally from the get go...), as well as additional rims to widen the logitech g pro ecosystem. Guess I'll hold my decision a wee while longer ;)

c.

I’d imagine if Logitech showed us some sort of roadmap for upcoming rims and accessories that they’d have sold a ton more units.

With the amount of money involved in such a product as this I for one would like to know just what sort of ecosystem I’m investing into.

Why has marketing not thought along these lines @LOGI_Rich ?

re
Yes, if you attach an Xbox wheel to a PlayStation base
This is indeed a rather odd marketing move; as it would require anyone after a real 'multi platform product' - since release in sept'22 - to purchase 2 units for 1k each... (i.e. unrealistic... and even if you were to; what th do you then do with the PS5 wheel and the xbox base... use on PC only :D ?)

So in hindsight (as I'd assume most customers given the choice would have combined ps5 base & xbox wheel, even if a 'bit' more expensive than a bundle, to get a true 'multi platform product'... but looks like Logitech deemed that different...) - but, if it isn't/wasn't planned from Logitech to do a a fully modular setup from the get go (i.e. where you mix & match base, wheels/rims & pedals), but instead to gradually release additional options; a year without additional options or even tangible info for separate/additional parts for the eco system leaves a fair bit to be desired.

I do think you have a great product - but, leaving that aspect uncertain for this long feels odd (it probably is due to internals - i.e. manufacturing chain, wait-&-see / market acceptance, testing, management, et al - not much Rich could probably talk about with us end customers...).

So, more waiting it is :/

c.

Last edited:
I’d like to say my wheel with the light tick turning left sometimes is gone or I haven’t noticed it. I’m not sure if it’s because I turned FFB filter down and the dampener or if it’s when I was taking a closer look at the QR and almost had the ball bearings pop out, I got it back together. I feel like it quit doing it or I just got used of it because I really haven’t noticed it for awhile.

We're going to be releasing an update that allows you to reset the centre position of the wheel. I'll let you all know when that's going to be available.
Hi @LOGI_Rich Is there any planned time frame of when this Update will be releasing? I'm getting a little fed up of the wheel being so uncentred whilst playing any game It's starting to get to the point that any competitive racing I get Into gets unbearable when trying to be precise.

If It's a very long way off then I can still go through Warranty with Customer Services to get a replacement?

Still having the issue where I have to modify STRENGTH to get the the appropiate setting every time when using the wheel after starting PS5 (i wrongly assumed it was fixed weeks ago). Otherwise it reverts to max STRENGTH. Is this going to be solved or any news about it? Is it a GT7 issue or Logitech's?

@Marky264 it's coming soon - targeting to get it into the next G HUB release.

@Met Entso It's the Max FFB setting in GT7 that is being set by the game on startup, so just reduce that to the level that you want it set to.
Okay, thank you. I'll try bear with it a little longer. The New GTWS is starting this Saturday so I was really hoping to have things resolved in time so I can put a fair few hours in practice wise. Appreciate the response!

Latest Posts

Back