Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

I have a G Pro Wheel, the pedals, and also the Logitech branded Playseat Trophy. This is used with GT7 on PS5 and with PSVR. I got the stuff exclusively to play sport mode in GT7 on PSVR2.

Super happy!

Three tips for people looking for similar setup:

1) If you use the hardest brake pedal combination, make 100% sure you get the smallest foam insert on the bottom. If you don't you will get a less than smooth travel in the pedal.

2) The pedals can be removed from the G pro pedal plate, but for an unknown reason, there is no drill hole pattern in the Logitech Playseat pedal plate to match the G pro stand alone pedals. If you have a drill you might be able to make new holes that fit. One would think they are compatible, but they're not.

3) If you remove the clutch pedal from the G pro pedal plate, and put the brake in it's place (gocart style), the wire is not long enough to get it all the way to the left.

In any case, this is a fantastic wheel and pedals, and after I learned (in this thread) that I need to power up the wheel only after GT7 is loaded, everything is just working.

I love it! It's just amazing! Thank you Logitech!

I have a G Pro Wheel, the pedals, and also the Logitech branded Playseat Trophy. This is used with GT7 on PS5 and with PSVR. I got the stuff exclusively to play sport mode in GT7 on PSVR2.

Super happy!

Three tips for people looking for similar setup:

1) If you use the hardest brake pedal combination, make 100% sure you get the smallest foam insert on the bottom. If you don't you will get a less than smooth travel in the pedal.

2) The pedals can be removed from the G pro pedal plate, but for an unknown reason, there is no drill hole pattern in the Logitech Playseat pedal plate to match the G pro stand alone pedals. If you have a drill you might be able to make new holes that fit. One would think they are compatible, but they're not.

3) If you remove the clutch pedal from the G pro pedal plate, and put the brake in it's place (gocart style), the wire is not long enough to get it all the way to the left.

In any case, this is a fantastic wheel and pedals, and after I learned (in this thread) that I need to power up the wheel only after GT7 is loaded, everything is just working.

I love it! It's just amazing! Thank you Logitech!
Similar set up here, absolutely love it. GT has never been better thanks to GT7, the Logitech wheel and pedals and PSVR2. Love it!!!

Yesterday my wheel wouldn't start, it was stuc at the 3 dots. I tried everything, restarting all, different USB ports. After three micro heart attacks I remembered this happened one year ago when I first installed the wheel, and it was because I hadn't plugged the rim correctly, as Rick had guessed (wheelbase was not getting information from the wheel rim and it was waiting). So I took it out, reinserted it and it worked! Wheel started as usual. I don't know if I should be concerned about a faulty connection there that might eventually fail completely 😓

Last edited:
r46tMgc.jpg
Got it all setup and I have to say, I’m absolutely loving it 😍

The fans were an idea I had when I first started doing it and was getting a little bit of VR sickness. They aren’t tied into the system and speed based at all, even though that would be friggin cool…….. But they actually surprisingly add to the immersion, they give a little bit of illusion of motion and there is no goin back for me now.

Man how cool would that be though if someone came out with a speed dependent setup…. Would never exist on console but it’s something that could be done on PC.

It took me a while to find a fan that would just kinda bolt straight onto the rig, and these happen to be the same color and almost look like they were made for it.
Could you perhaps share what brand the fans are? Hopefully I can find them on Amzone or something in The Netherlands.

I’d like your opinion on the VR2. Clarity, motion sickness and all that. Cool setup. Clean.
Thanks! The only other VR I can compare to would be my Oculus on my PC and the PlayStation VR is way better IMO. Clarity is fine for me and no issues with motion sickness. Had my dad using it yesterday and he had no issues either but did mention he wished it was a little more clear. He doesn’t wear glasses but is pushing 70.
great setup!

don't you get tracking errors with an empty wall in front?
Thank you! No tracking errors - it works perfect 👍

Hi guys, new in the forum but long time reader.
I have read a lot about the cracking noises of the Logitech Wheel. I have decided to record my wheel.
What do you think about these ones? Should I send it back under the warranty?
I bought it in June, only 87 hours of use.
My old Logitech G29 sounded much better.

Hi to all of you and MerryXmaS!!!!
Just want to update my cracking noises issue.
Logitech has changed my base and wheel for a new one. The process was fast. In two weeks I had it solved.
This one is smooth and death silence, no cracking or weird noises coming from the collar and the spring.No comparison with the old one.
Really happy for how Logitech responded to my problems ( That is one of the reason why I bought the Logitech pro Wheel pack).
This wheel is an amazing piece of gear and I am super happy with it. Hope it keeps like this forever and gives me so much fun as my old G29.
Thanks to @LOGI_Rich and the rest of the members for your support.
See you on track!

Logitech has changed my base and wheel for a new one. The process was fast. In two weeks I had it solved.
This one is smooth and death silence, no cracking or weird noises coming from the collar and the spring.No comparison with the old one.
Really happy for how Logitech responded to my problems ( That is one of the reason why I bought the Logitech pro Wheel pack).
This wheel is an amazing piece of gear and I am super happy with it. Hope it keeps like this forever and gives me so much fun as my old G29.
See you on track!
Glad Logitech sorted your issue. I've got similar cracking issues on my base and submitted a video to Logitech support for review. Still waiting for their response.

Last edited:
See you on track!
Geez I’m almost wondering if I should look into an exchange on mine then. Might have to fire up a chat after the Christmas break here and get some input back from tech support. I can fix it but it comes back. The base creaks but nothing like I’ve seen some post here, but dead silent sounds appealing haha

Danallstars glad you got your replacement, you posted on my youtube I believe. hopefully the new one is trouble free!

This is my first post here, i'm an iRacing guy but feel my feedback and usage will be valuable. I got my first wheel a few weeks after release and it quickly developed a creaky click noise that could be felt through the wheel too. It was mainly when on an apex and hitting a kerb or when forces are applied in opposite directions, (left and then right turning) , the higher I set the FFB the bigger the issue. On some tracks it will happen in the same spot every lap so clearly its when trying to do a specific force. I can go into more detail if people want. I made this video to demonstrate it.

After some discussion with others and feedback from LOGI_Rich (who was great) over on this thread mentioned below I went for a replacement, it took best part of a month but new unit arrived, was going great for about a month or so and then the same exact issue happened again. Getting worse over time. I raced 3hr endurance at Mugello this past weekend and it drove me absolutely nuts and left me feeling pretty down that my expensive gear is once again causing frustration!

A chap posted this potential fix which I'd like to draw peoples attention to, do we think that is the cause of the issue? It fixed it for him. Although mine doesn't sound anywhere near as clicky when turning, maybe every quarter to half turn it will click as the spring moves.

I understand they come with a 2 year warranty so my plan was to to wait for a formula style rim to be released , hope that is had a re-design as its obvious there is fundamentally wrong with the original style and then RMA just the old rim itself again hoping its fixed on newer models there too.

The trouble is my approach is all assumption based, without official confirmation when new products are coming out, or where indeed the issue fundamentally lies it doesnt leave me as a customer in a good spot. I'm toying with the idea of trying to get a refund and going with a competitor altogether as this point. What would you guys do? I'll think on it for a few more weeks....

Danallstars glad you got your replacement, you posted on my youtube I believe. hopefully the new one is trouble free!

This is my first post here, i'm an iRacing guy but feel my feedback and usage will be valuable. I got my first wheel a few weeks after release and it quickly developed a creaky click noise that could be felt through the wheel too. It was mainly when on an apex and hitting a kerb or when forces are applied in opposite directions, (left and then right turning) , the higher I set the FFB the bigger the issue. On some tracks it will happen in the same spot every lap so clearly its when trying to do a specific force. I can go into more detail if people want. I made this video to demonstrate it.

After some discussion with others and feedback from LOGI_Rich (who was great) over on this thread mentioned below I went for a replacement, it took best part of a month but new unit arrived, was going great for about a month or so and then the same exact issue happened again. Getting worse over time. I raced 3hr endurance at Mugello this past weekend and it drove me absolutely nuts and left me feeling pretty down that my expensive gear is once again causing frustration!

A chap posted this potential fix which I'd like to draw peoples attention to, do we think that is the cause of the issue? It fixed it for him. Although mine doesn't sound anywhere near as clicky when turning, maybe every quarter to half turn it will click as the spring moves.

I understand they come with a 2 year warranty so my plan was to to wait for a formula style rim to be released , hope that is had a re-design as its obvious there is fundamentally wrong with the original style and then RMA just the old rim itself again hoping its fixed on newer models there too.

The trouble is my approach is all assumption based, without official confirmation when new products are coming out, or where indeed the issue fundamentally lies it doesnt leave me as a customer in a good spot. I'm toying with the idea of trying to get a refund and going with a competitor altogether as this point. What would you guys do? I'll think on it for a few more weeks....

I’ve suspected right from the start it was something to do with the QR, eother the spring or the little ball bearings. My thought is the spring has a burr on the end where it’s cut or possibly sheered off in manufacturing and it scraped on the collar or hooks then gives. If it’s not that then perhaps the ball bearings or the grooves they sit in are a bit out of spec allowing there to be play, so when it kicks the opposite way or you turn, that click is the ball bearing essentially slamming against the other side of the groove.

Glad Logitech sorted your issue. I've got similar cracking issues on my base and submitted a video to Logitech support for review. Still waiting for their response.
I guess you will go through the same process as I did. You should not have problem getting a new base and wheel.

Yes, I posted in Youtube looking for solutions and the guy from the video recommended me that fishing grease. Obviously it has to be some kind of material used in the collar or the spring. I hope for the new ones coming out in the next future that problem will be solved. I know it is a new product that need to be tested for several hours to find these little imperfections but I am sure they will find a solution. What I am guessing is why some of them make noises and others not.
I thought about other brands but to me, Logitech is the one with better customer service. Before getting my new wheel I read a lot about Fanatec, Thrusmaster..., and if you do not have a problem, you will be happy , but if you have it, everything becomes a nightmare trying to solve it.

I’ve suspected right from the start it was something to do with the QR, eother the spring or the little ball bearings. My thought is the spring has a burr on the end where it’s cut or possibly sheered off in manufacturing and it scraped on the collar or hooks then gives. If it’s not that then perhaps the ball bearings or the grooves they sit in are a bit out of spec allowing there to be play, so when it kicks the opposite way or you turn, that click is the ball bearing essentially slamming against the other side of the groove.
Yes, absolutely , it has to be something related to those things you are pointing out.

Developing quality and reliable products takes time, you don't want rush out products that haven't been tested and refined long enough.
You also don’t want to release a new ecosystem and not follow up on it for over a year.

People who bought into this are starting to feel a bit worried and I can’t blame them.

I’m still sorting my options and while I want to buy into the system, I will not spend €1.500 not knowing if the product has a future.

Last edited:
The G Pro is Boosted Media’s disappointment of the year:

Well, he actually refers to the lack of the ecosystem which to some people will be a problem and for others (me included) not, although I would like to have a GT3 or F1 formula Wheel, handbrake..., by the way, I´m just a console player.
I believe Logitech is working in new things but as whatever other companies, you first need to know if people is really interested in your products, in this case DD Pro Wheel and from there, start an entire ecosystem.
If something new comes up, I will be the first to get it but ,hey that just me.

Yes, I posted in Youtube looking for solutions and the guy from the video recommended me that fishing grease. Obviously it has to be some kind of material used in the collar or the spring. I hope for the new ones coming out in the next future that problem will be solved. I know it is a new product that need to be tested for several hours to find these little imperfections but I am sure they will find a solution. What I am guessing is why some of them make noises and others not.
I thought about other brands but to me, Logitech is the one with better customer service. Before getting my new wheel I read a lot about Fanatec, Thrusmaster..., and if you do not have a problem, you will be happy , but if you have it, everything becomes a nightmare trying to solve it.
My guess is if some wheels do it and others do not then it’s the spring and it’s how the spring has been cut, probably has a burr on the edge and it grabs and scrapes etc. I wonder if the QR collar comes apart easily to just file smooth the ends of the spring.

If you haven't done an RMA yet Hawkeyez give it a go, it should be a pretty trouble free process just the downtime. I would do it again but cant face a 3rd right now. Maybe they revised the design already?

I have the same issue and tried the grease solution, but it didn't have any effect on my wheel. It hasn't gotten worse on mine over the last 6 months or so. I am in contact with Logitech and they offered me to send in the wheel. I think i will do it, but i really hope by now they know what the issue is. I don't see a point to it when the issue just returns with the new/repaired wheel. Then it's only a major hassle for nothing.
They say (after viewing my youtube video) that the issue comes from within the wheel base.

edit: Proceding with the return process. Here's hoping for a quick turnaround.

Last edited:
If you haven't done an RMA yet Hawkeyez give it a go, it should be a pretty trouble free process just the downtime. I would do it again but cant face a 3rd right now. Maybe they revised the design already?
I hope so.

My guess is if some wheels do it and others do not then it’s the spring and it’s how the spring has been cut, probably has a burr on the edge and it grabs and scrapes etc. I wonder if the QR collar comes apart easily to just file smooth the ends of the spring.
Yes, that could be a very reasonable reason.

I have the same issue and tried the grease solution, but it didn't have any effect on my wheel. It hasn't gotten worse on mine over the last 6 months or so. I am in contact with Logitech and they offered me to send in the wheel. I think i will do it, but i really hope by now they know what the issue is. I don't see a point to it when the issue just returns with the new/repaired wheel. Then it's only a major hassle for nothing.
They say (after viewing my youtube video) that the issue comes from within the wheel base.

edit: Proceding with the return process. Here's hoping for a quick turnaround.

Mine, started like that but was getting worse over time, up to a point where it was ruining the whole driving experience.
If I were you, I will send it back and hope they already found where the problem is coming from.

Back