Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Mine, started like that but was getting worse over time, up to a point where it was ruining the whole driving experience.
If I were you, I will send it back and hope they already found where the problem is coming from.
Yeah could be that it hasn't gotten worse yet because i only use the wheel for about 2 hours every 2 weeks. So definitely don't want it to get worse after my warranty expires. That's why i decided for the repair/replacement.

The G Pro is Boosted Media’s disappointment of the year:

I saw this and understand his reasoning. It’s an expensive product and it’s clearly the start of a whole ecosystem as evidenced by the QR and extra USB ports. I personally think the wheel is basically perfect for my purpose, GT racing in GT7 in VR. That being said, others want to use it more broadly for a variety of sims and cars and so the lack of other rims, shifters, etc. is a bummer.

Is 35 still the recommended vibration strength in the GT7 vibration settings page? What are other people using? Just a little jarring how "weak" gt7 feels vs forza motorsport with the same 11nm setting on the wheel. Still feeling great to drive overall but interested to see if I can improve anything.

Is 35 still the recommended vibration strength in the GT7 vibration settings page? What are other people using? Just a little jarring how "weak" gt7 feels vs forza motorsport with the same 11nm setting on the wheel. Still feeling great to drive overall but interested to see if I can improve anything.
I can check my settings tomorrow if you want. I’m pretty happy with the feel of it.

The G Pro is Boosted Media’s disappointment of the year:

I don’t have any problems with the wheel. Works great and very happy with it. I hope they will come with some goodies like a nice shifter, handbrake, new wheel designs like GT3, some with alcantara etc. I’m a big fan of TrueForce. Going over curbs, oversteer and understeer is more crisp then without true force. For me thats an important part of sim racing. The only reason to go with Fanatec would be if Logitech waits to long with the release of new wheels and other add-ons. Cheers

The wheel is amazing. But he hits the hammer on its nail here. If fanatec releases fullforce and its good. They are too late with releasing extra stuff. I will be gone
That’s where I’m at. Right now the G Pro is NOT a new ecosystem.
it’s just a very expensive (and very good) wheel with a quick release and nothing more.

It’s been well over a year and nothing was even announced let alone released.

At some point next year I will pull the trigger on something. I want it to be the G Pro, but if the status quo doesn’t change Fanatec will get my euros.

Last edited:
I probably wouldn’t buy a different rim unless it had very soft backlit buttons. I race in low ambient lighting so that would be welcome. For the right price, like $200… I’d maybe go for it then. Even after all this time, the buttons are never where my brain thinks they should be.

I don’t know if it’s possible but it would be nice to have the wheelbase display game info like selected gear, time gap, fuel, tire temps/wear. if it can, maybe an affordable display could be hooked up to it that could mount just off to the side of it or something. Radar from GT7 would be nice somehow. Man I hate how that game is all HUD display or nothing. So I’m always trying to find ways to get most of what I want to see but have it off the screen as the game looks so much better with everything off.

I probably wouldn’t buy a different rim unless it had very soft backlit buttons. I race in low ambient lighting so that would be welcome. For the right price, like $200… I’d maybe go for it then. Even after all this time, the buttons are never where my brain thinks they should be.

I don’t know if it’s possible but it would be nice to have the wheelbase display game info like selected gear, time gap, fuel, tire temps/wear. if it can, maybe an affordable display could be hooked up to it that could mount just off to the side of it or something. Radar from GT7 would be nice somehow. Man I hate how that game is all HUD display or nothing. So I’m always trying to find ways to get most of what I want to see but have it off the screen as the game looks so much better with everything off.
You can use phone apps such as Sim Dashboard to get telemetry from GT7. It'll show fuel, tyre temps, gears etc but things like tyre wear, fuel map, brake balance etc aren't output as telemetry by the game so even if a wheel could display those functions you'd likely still be limited by that fact. I use a phone mounted on my DD Pro but have to go back to the in game hud for races with fuel usage to be able to change the map & see tyre wear.

Last edited:
You can use phone apps such as Sim Dashboard to get telemetry from GT7. It'll show fuel, tyre temps, gears etc but things like tyre wear, fuel map, brake balance etc aren't output as telemetry by the game so even if a wheel could display those functions you'd likely still be limited by that fact. I use a phone mounted on my DD Pro but have to go back to the in game hud for races with fuel usage to be able to change the map & see tyre wear.
Yeah I’m running SimHub, which almost has it all except for radar, but the laps and race position are out of whack and not time gap. It’s so weird that GT7 doesn’t show tire temps but it doesn’t in SimHub even when tire wear isn’t on. I’ve also noticed if I get the temps up there the car becomes trickier to handle, greasy. Why PD hides tires I do not know. Really wish they’d just let us pick and choose which HUD options we’d like to display or not. But that’s for another thread.

Can’t think of any other accessories Logitech could potentially offer besides different rims, shifter and handbrake. I think somebody could cash in on offering an all in one tactile feedback setup. I wonder if Logitech could somehow incorporate their trueforce into something like that. That would be crazy and ideal, having your wheel give you feedback on curbs and bumps and directly linked into the wheel is your bass shakers and exciters etc. Even if they can’t do that, I’m sure they could develop something (at a reasonable price) to compliment the wheel.

I can confirm Logitech/PD are aware of this bug affecting the right dial with the G PRO in GT7 and it will be fixed in a future update.
Are there any updates on the rotary knob/dial not working reliably in GT7? It's the same exact issue that I used to have with my G923. Sometimes it takes several clicks to adjust MFD, and other times one click results in multiple adjustment levels in MFD. I had a hell of a time last night trying to constantly adjust MFD during an hour long race in GT7 - it's horribly inconsistent.

I've been googling for the past hour, but I've only seen a handful of posts regarding this issue. Is it just my unit, or people general don't care (or have accepted) that the rotary knobs don't work reliably? I have updated to the latest firmware on G Hub (133.5.100), but the issue persists. @LOGI_Rich are you aware of this issue?

Are there any updates on the rotary knob/dial not working reliably in GT7? It's the same exact issue that I used to have with my G923. Sometimes it takes several clicks to adjust MFD, and other times one click results in multiple adjustment levels in MFD. I had a hell of a time last night trying to constantly adjust MFD during an hour long race in GT7 - it's horribly inconsistent.

I've been googling for the past hour, but I've only seen a handful of posts regarding this issue. Is it just my unit, or people general don't care (or have accepted) that the rotary knobs don't work reliably? I have updated to the latest firmware on G Hub (133.5.100), but the issue persists. @LOGI_Rich are you aware of this issue?
Mine jumps one sometimes and I turn it only one click yet the wheel base menus work flawlessly

What a coincidence, I just wanted to comment on this. What I did is assign the MFD to the joystick and it works perfectly, much more precise and comfortable, and you can operate it when using a shifter too.

I'm not too confident an update would solve anything, looks like a hardware thing, the knobs should snap into each value and not have the currently soft unprecise touch.

Now I dont know what to assign the knobs 🤔 the different views and looking back dont work on VR.

Yeah, i just assumed it was my wheel. I didnt realize it was a pd thing. Shocker, i guess Fanatec just pays pd more to be they’re top star and receive first tech and in game support. Also, my wheel doesnt click, not wanting to swap it out and roll the dice. Maybe when the warranty is almost up. But the rotary thing is a piss off at this price point for sure!. Same with WRC i guess. No trueforce is pretty disapointing at this point. Doesn’t sound like theres much motivation from these compainies to fix logitech compatibility issues. Extremely disappointing, usually logtech stuff just works. I suppose times they are a changing

EA's WRC supports Trueforce (on PC and PlayStation at this point).

The rotary behaviour is not a hardware issue, as you can see when testing in other titles.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to a simpleton like me the relationship between the IN wheel brake force setting and the IN game setting? Should the brake force setting on the wheel go to 100% on a test input? I'm confused about it. What is generally the most common range in a Forza or GT game? Thanks. I've had the wheel a week and enjoy it very much.

Last edited:
The brake force setting simply dictates the relationship between force applied and the axis output. Set it to 30 and you have to apply 30kg of force to reach 100% axis output; set to 100 and you have to apply 100kg of force to get 100%. It's really a personal preference setting based on your strength and how much leverage you have (desk-based players will generally need to set this lower, whereas rig-based players have the leverage to apply much more force).

Last edited:
WHEEL
-strength 11.0Nm
-TF Audio 100
-FFB 2
-Dampener 4

GT7
-vibration function 50
-Force Feedback Max Torque 8
-Force Feedback Sensitivity 10

Thats for Comfort tires and Sport tires. Depending on the car, I have a second profile with the Strength at 9.1Nm and the FFB at 7 and the Dampener at 11. That’s for racing tires and some sports soft as the wheel gets uncomfortably heavy for me. But some racing tire cars are fine.
Hope that helps.

Random clicks - I remember my G29's dial used to do the same in previous GT versions. Can't comment on GT7, but the G Pro's dials seem to work fine on other games.

Just a thought... Has anyone tried reducing the keyboard repeat and delay rates in the PS4/5's accessories settings? I know the dials aren't a keyboard but the game might be picking up info from those settings. Probably not the answer but worth a go.

Decided to take the plunge on the bundle at the Logitech website store just to find the pedals are out of stock! Bummer…
Stay on top of it. When I ordered mine the pedals were not in stock so I waited a day to order and then they were.

Last edited:
r46tMgc.jpg
Got it all setup and I have to say, I’m absolutely loving it 😍
Wow this looks very nice. What seat is it, and also what floor mat ?

I was able to fix my creaking/flex issue by buying a tiny 90 degree ratchet with a Philips bit. Some of the screws in the wheel had come slightly loose over time but were inaccessible without a tool like that since they're blocked by things in the way (shifter paddles and the quick release). The ones underneath the paddles were the loosest and caused most of the flex.

@LOGI_Rich any update on new additions for the ecosystem?
I suspect there will be a new base soon. The old base is called the “DD11” now on the store, which I think is different than previously. I’m really disappointed in my purchase, I wish I had gone for a fuller ecosystem from the start. The wheel is nice but the software isn’t great, compared to others, plus there’s no rims, no shifters (that aren’t toys), and no handbrakes. If I could get away with it, I’d buy a different wheel and pedals today and sell these but the area I live in is hard to sell this kind of gear.

Last edited:
Oh come on dude...
How many products has a much smaller company like Simagic produced in the last year or two?
Exactly, while super_gt is right. Logitech are losing customers daily, specifically due to lack of eco system. Id doubt we’ll ever see a wheel seclection like come of the compitition. I think most would be happy with a Handbrake, Shifter, and maybe a couple wheel options. Handbrake and Shifter being priorities i would say. We the customer are paying for Logitech’s piss poor planning and execution. Hopefully it’ll pay in the long run 🤷‍♂️

I guess this will have to serve as handbrake for now. Better than the wheel paddles for me anyway.

Attachments

• 20240103_183643.jpeg
    20240103_183643.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back