Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Only one change to recommended settings so far: increase the Vibration setting in GT7's controller settings. As per the patch notes, they've definitely reduced the potential gain on it, but to be honest it was previously possible to have something that didn't feel good, so where it's at now is fine. I'm now recommending 150.
Rich...there is a lot of variation between car categories gr.2/3/4....when you test what type of cars are you testing with? It seems this update has caused far more problems with the fanatec crowd than the Gpro crowd. I've spoken to about a dozen Gpro users complaining about truforce loss...all corrected by turning up the vibration setting as per your advice.

Personally, I love the update. I no longer experience clipping...the BIGGEST remaining question mark is sensitivity settings...again this isn't from me but from the community.

Looking forward to what the ecosystem has in store moving forward.

I'm currently using pretty much recommended wheel settings except:

Base
Damper: 10

In-game
TF Audio: 100
FFB Strength: 5

I did a run around LeMans WTC900 with the Mazda 787B on RM tires and..... oh, boy.... it was amazing sensation and experience like never before in any GT so far. Big smile on my face.😁

I strongly recommend to hold the wheel tight at those fast straights when you are in a Gr.1 car, not to injure yourself or your kids, if you let them drive such a monster.

I also did a run with AMG CLK-GTR, and Porsche RSR gr.3 again with RM tires. The FFB overall felt less stronger, which is expected for cars that produce less downforce, but anyway, superb in every possible way from what we used to have so far.

I can say without any doubts that driving experience can be compared now with games like rf2, AC, ACC, ASM2, RaceRoom, having enough experience with all of them.

Whoever now calls GT7 simcadeish, arcadish or whatever, doesn't know what he is talking about.

Happy racing🏁✌️

Last edited:
I'm using my Pro wheel on PS5. It's a real pain for me to update my wheel's firmware as it means un-bolting it from my rig to take to another room where my desktop is. How do I know when I should update and what the changes are? Can't see any patch notes or info on the logitech website and GHub doesn't tell me anything until I connect the wheel. 🤔

I'm using my Pro wheel on PS5. It's a real pain for me to update my wheel's firmware as it means un-bolting it from my rig to take to another room where my desktop is. How do I know when I should update and what the changes are? Can't see any patch notes or info on the logitech website and GHub doesn't tell me anything until I connect the wheel. 🤔
PSA incase anyone needs it. Don't forget to change the wheel's compatibility to PC when dragging the wheel to a computer for a firmware update. Lost a hour of my life trying to figure out why the G Hub software couldn't find the wheel when it was being found in USB.

@Tommy moon it’s a variety. Usual suspects are:

McLaren Vision GT
Mazda LM55 Vision GT
VW GTi Vision GT
Ford Mustang GT
Ford Focus Gr.B Rally
Porsche 911
Mini Cooper S
Eunos Roadster

But there are others.

@ArthurMorgan patch notes can be found on the download page for G HUB. https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360025298133-Logitech-G-HUB

Pasted here for you:

PRO Racing Wheel (Ver: 133.6.106)
-Addresses occasional max torque event when USB traffic becomes constrained on TRUEFORCE titles
-Fix for Left Clutch paddle not working when it is the only control assigned as clutch
-Adds support for future peripherals.

I have been testing further today for the first GTWS Race. Managed to finish 6th from 9th which I was pleasantly surprised about. The New physics have really caught a lot out and kept the field very close together.

I seemed to have settled on the following currently,

In-game vibration: 135 (Lowered from 150)
Force Feedback Max Torque: 5
Force Feedback Sensitivity: Upped to 5 from 1 (This really helped me on my turn in especially with the 911 GR.3) Noticed this made a large difference.

Strength
8Nm
TF Audio: 75
FFB Filters: 11
Dampener: 10

What do you think about the above @LOGI_Rich Unsure what effects the FFB Filters do? I saw there is an Auto Mode would you recommend leaving as it is?

I am definitely still missing the TrueForce Effect that was previously.

Strength and TF Audio have no effect unless you adjust them after the game has started - the Max Torque and Vibration settings in GT7 are set at startup.

Higher filter values will smooth out the force feedback whereas lower values will make it more raw. The auto setting attempts to match the filter to the haptic rate of the game, but it does need the game to support that. If the game doesn’t then you’ll effectively be at the same value as 11.

@Tommy moon it’s a variety. Usual suspects are:

McLaren Vision GT
Mazda LM55 Vision GT
VW GTi Vision GT
Ford Mustang GT
Ford Focus Gr.B Rally
Porsche 911
Mini Cooper S
Eunos Roadster

But there are others.

Have you tried super formula yet? It seems ffb is so weak compared to pre update. Especially when cornering, there's literally no resistance from the wheel and it feels weird. Pre update super formula was comparable to gr1 in terms of handling.

Last edited:
@ArthurMorgan patch notes can be found on the download page for G HUB. https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360025298133-Logitech-G-HUB

Pasted here for you:

PRO Racing Wheel (Ver: 133.6.106)
-Addresses occasional max torque event when USB traffic becomes constrained on TRUEFORCE titles
-Fix for Left Clutch paddle not working when it is the only control assigned as clutch
-Adds support for future peripherals.
[/QUOTE]

Brilliant thank you, hadn't thought about looking at the website, duh. Thanks for pasting the patch notes too 👍

IMG_7204.jpeg

Interesting

I also had issues with TF feedback after the update. I drove 400 miles so far today and made adjustments as I went. I think I figured it out. I lowered the in game FFB to 5 and used my Drivehub to increase the FFB (2 lights). I use Drivehub for my VNM Shifter( highly recommend). I kept the wheel FFB at 11, TF at 100, and in game vibration set to 150. The TF has returned! I feel the curbs and other details again. The TF feels cleaner, if that makes sense. I also run Simhub with haptics and everything is jiving. I only play in VR and I was so bummed at first with the lack of TF strength. So far I'm enjoying the update but I think Polyphony unintentionally messed with the Trueforce when they unlocked the remaining NM. It's something wonky with the in game FFB settings. Someone with a Drivehub try lowering the FFB to 5 or 6 and tell me I'm not crazy.

I also had issues with TF feedback after the update. I drove 400 miles so far today and made adjustments as I went. I think I figured it out. I lowered the in game FFB to 5 and used my Drivehub to increase the FFB (2 lights). I use Drivehub for my VNM Shifter( highly recommend). I kept the wheel FFB at 11, TF at 100, and in game vibration set to 150. The TF has returned! I feel the curbs and other details again. The TF feels cleaner, if that makes sense. I also run Simhub with haptics and everything is jiving. I only play in VR and I was so bummed at first with the lack of TF strength. So far I'm enjoying the update but I think Polyphony unintentionally messed with the Trueforce when they unlocked the remaining NM. It's something wonky with the in game FFB settings. Someone with a Drivehub try lowering the FFB to 5 or 6 and tell me I'm not crazy.
This is what I thought as well, by unlocking the remaining NM on the wheel they (maybe unintentionally) reduced the TF output… Maybe they are correlated, @LOGI_Rich can you give any clarity on this?

So with a drivehub (and increasing the FFB on it) your TF returned to the pre-update levels?

Have you tried super formula yet? It seems ffb is so weak compared to pre update. Especially when cornering, there's literally no resistance from the wheel and it feels weird. Pre update super formula was comparable to gr1 in terms of handling.
This is a GT7 bug. Affects all wheels.

They specifically call out the fact that they adjusted the strength of the Trueforce Audio output on the Pro Wheel in the patch notes - it’s nothing to do with the increase in max torque, which was a separate patch note.

@3diamondS may well be getting somewhat of a placebo effect when using Drivehub. The reason I say this is because Trueforce consists of two different endpoints, each with their own gain. Increasing the gain on one does not increase the other.

You have kinaesthetic forces which is the lower frequency stuff that everyone thinks of as force feedback and then you have the vibrotactile, which is all the extra stuff that you just don’t get on any other wheels.

Setting the max torque to 5 and then increasing on Drivehub… I don’t know what that would do. Certainly my understanding was that it only affects the kinaesthetic side of things, but Podger would need to confirm. If it is, then you’re simply effectively setting the max torque 1 or 2 values higher than you’ve set it in the game’s UI.

The kerbs (I’m assuming you mean rumble strips)… well most of them don’t produce anything without the vibrotactile side of Trueforce being active. Some do though, which shows that some have something being sent on the kinaesthetic endpoint (but still way less than what you get with Trueforce).

Last edited:
I've followed Rich's advice and the difference between 1.48 and 1.49 - with his suggested tweaks - transforms the G Pro IMO.

Sure, TF seemed to be 'nerfed' at first glance, but increasing the amount (for me, running 20% previously) to 100 on the wheelbase restored the strength whilst being more subtle/refined.

Then there's the un-nerfing of FFB by Polyphony. I'm one happy lad.

I don’t understand how someone can play at the 10 in game ffb. At these level you just wrestling with the wheel. PD definitely messed something up as the small details are gone but car weight shifts are amplified to much in the ffb. Also it’s crazy inconsistent. Some cars, like road genesis for example, have such a heavy wheel like it’s a go cart.

my current settings:

in game ffb torque 3 (for some cars 2)
in game ffb sensitivity 10
in game vibration strength 150

on wheel
strength 11 Nm
tf audio 100
ffb filter 1
dampener 28

Just sharing my settings - as this feels the best for me after the GT update however note there is still heavy oscillations on straights and you cannot take your hands off the wheel.

In game:
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 5
Max torque: 5
Force Feedback (FFBS) Sensitivity: 10
Vibration Setting: 150

Wheel:
Strength: 10nm
TFA: 100
Damper: 50
FFB Filter: 11
Brake: 25

Assists:
Traction Control: 2
Counter Steering Assist: Weak

Changing the FFB Sensitivity to 1 removes the death wobbles (oscillations) on straights but it does not feel as responsive. I personally did not like the feeling of FFB on 1 - to me, it felt less responsive and harder to feel what the wheels were doing. There is a good youtube channel called 'Sim Action Clips' and he explains how the FFB sensitivity works really well. He suggest this test:

"To be able to feel this difference - First drive in a straight line and slightly move the steering wheel left and right around the center but quickly. At 1 it will feel more dead around the center. At 10 you will feel that the ffb will start to build up much closer to the center. In other words, at 1 you need to move the wheel much further away from the center to start to feel something compared to 10 where it’s much closer to the center position of the wheel."

When I read the above and did some experimenting it became much more obvious and I could really feel the difference between FFBS 1 and FFBS 10.

Logirich recommends FFBS 1 but this just didn't feel good to me.

I hope we get an update from PD at some point that patches the insane oscillations with FFBS at 10.

This is what I thought as well, by unlocking the remaining NM on the wheel they (maybe unintentionally) reduced the TF output… Maybe they are correlated, @LOGI_Rich can you give any clarity on this?

So with a drivehub (and increasing the FFB on it) your TF returned to the pre-update levels?
I wouldn't say pre update levels as those were much louder (buzzy) and muddy. I always ran 150 game vibration and 100 wheel before the update, so I really noticed the weaker post update TF feedback. For whatever reason once I lowered game torque to 5 and raised NM via the Drivehub I now have a much better TF feedback and feel. I even said to myself, I fixed it somehow. It's almost like they drowned out TF when releasing the NM force limits. I don't think Polyphony nerfed TF on purpose. It wouldn't make sense. They didnt mention TF in the patch notes. I'm going to try turning in game torque to 1 and raising the NM to max via Drivehub. Maybe this will completely restore TF. I will report back later.

They specifically call out the fact that they adjusted the strength of the Trueforce Audio output on the Pro Wheel in the patch notes - it’s nothing to do with the increase in max torque, which was a separate patch note.

@3diamondS may well be getting somewhat of a placebo effect when using Drivehub. The reason I say this is because Trueforce consists of two different endpoints, each with their own gain. Increasing the gain on one does not increase the other.

You have kinaesthetic forces which is the lower frequency stuff that everyone thinks of as force feedback and then you have the vibrotactile, which is all the extra stuff that you just don’t get on any other wheels.

Setting the max torque to 5 and then increasing on Drivehub… I don’t know what that would do. Certainly my understanding was that it only affects the kinaesthetic side of things, but Podger would need to confirm. If it is, then you’re simply effectively setting the max torque 1 or 2 values higher than you’ve set it in the game’s UI.

The kerbs (I’m assuming you mean rumble strips)… well most of them don’t produce anything without the vibrotactile side of Trueforce being active. Some do though, which shows that some have something being sent on the kinaesthetic endpoint (but still way less than what you get with Trueforce).
Sorry, didn't realize they made mention of TF audio on the patch notes! Yes, the kerbs are pronounced through the wheel again and produce a clean vibration that goes through wheel first and then to my tactile in the chair. It feels great. Maybe the Drivehub overrides somehow.

I tried lowering in-game torque to 1 and Drivehub to +5 led lights (max). This didn't effect the TF feedback. I didn't get a more pronounced vibration. I can say that with in game torque set to 5 or 6 with Drivehub at +2 or +3 that the TF feels great. I can even feel vibration at idle, which wasn't happening before I made adjustments at the Drivehub and lowered the in game settings. Maybe PD meant to help us by making TF a cleaner experience, but I still feel it needs a tad more strength at 150 game / 100 wheel. At max it's just enough to add to the experience. I wish we had more of a sliding scale to play with, though. 1 being quiet and subtle to 100 being a very noticeable difference. For those with a Drivehub, try to adjust torque via the adapter while lowering TQ in game, and see if that helps. One of the reasons I adore the G Pro wheel is the TF implementation. I'm sure there are a lot of folks upset about what seems to be a nerf on PD's part. Its possible it wasnt intentional to lower it so much. It makes one wonder if they tested the wheel at all.

Logiri
Strength and TF Audio have no effect unless you adjust them after the game has started - the Max Torque and Vibration settings in GT7 are set at startup.

Higher filter values will smooth out the force feedback whereas lower values will make it more raw. The auto setting attempts to match the filter to the haptic rate of the game, but it does need the game to support that. If the game doesn’t then you’ll effectively be at the same value as 11.

@LOGI_Rich I'm sorry if it's already been asked but does that mean that I have to set my Strength and TF every single time I play the game? It never stores it?

Does GT7 support FFB Filter Auto mode ? What value would you recommend?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back