Lotus Elise Club Cup - Saturday Racing - Race 2 Feb 18th - SIGN UP NOW

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,010 comments
Maybe it's a sign that you're too big of a part in my life ^^ maybe should cut down a bit.. Naaah i won't cut down on racing, will have to stand a few daxies in my dreams.

After several laps of testing, I'm proud to announce my best Laguna time so far as 1'40.781 👍 Was going 0.3 seconds faster on the penultimate sector, but then... well, tried a bit too much.

Target? One last podium to make my statistics look a little better. :P

I should really get going with practise now since i'm so far behind.. this car demands so much practise, but this is my last race with it so i should give it my best :)

After several laps of testing, I'm proud to announce my best Laguna time so far as 1'40.781 👍 Was going 0.3 seconds faster on the penultimate sector, but then... well, tried a bit too much.

Target? One last podium to make my statistics look a little better. :P

Know how you feel I was 4 tenths up on my .5 when I took a bit too much speed through the penultimate corner and...... well....... slid........ a bit....... :embarrassed:

Remember we are still running at 3pm GMT which is 4pm BST

Just so we don't have any confusion. 👍

And you didn't have at Nürb, or Grand Valley for that matter? :mischievous:

I meant in the times for this race..........

So far Neljack was closest with 1'41.3 (?) before you put in 1'40.7. :)

Ah yes. The Nurburgring- that was a good battle although towards the end you were catching me really fast and it was until after the race I realised I hadn't done an oil change and was 4bhp down. :lol:

Yeah thats correct marunda, havent had any texts asking to go out and play football so far, trying to keep a low profile at the moment so I can race today ;)

Hah here the sun is shining and it's 15 C outside :)

Edit: it's not fun practising when you start out so much behind.. i'll i'm down to 1:43.0 and can see that there lots of time to gain in every sector but it's just so haaard.. will need hours of practise to get a decent time

Last edited:
Yeah thats correct marunda, havent had any texts asking to go out and play football so far, trying to keep a low profile at the moment so I can race today ;)

👍

Hah here the sun is shining and it's 15 C outside :)

Edit: it's not fun practising when you start out so much behind.. i'll i'm down to 1:43.0 and can see that there lots of time to gain in every sector but it's just so haaard.. will need hours of practise to get a decent time

You aren't keeping enough momentum up, like Tokyo momentum is the key. Only 4 corners require any proper braking. Yesterday you weren't going fast enough out of the turn up the hill towards corkscrew and the penultimate turn from what I could see. :)

I'm aware of that but i don't know how to get any more of that momentum :P well i'll practise more in a couple of hours..

1:41.547 is my best so far, Laguna ain't my favorite track, so a top position today seems out of reach.

I'm aware of that but i don't know how to get any more of that momentum :P well i'll practise more in a couple of hours..

I'm taking about 88mph through the one up to the hill and 81mph through the penultimate. 👍

The one on the hill you want to turn reasonable early so that the dip next to the apex carries you through- then just correct any oversteer.

Penultimate- tap the brakes and turn early then onto the throttle over the apex and you should be going about 84mph out of the corner. 👍

Hope that helps. :)

Back