Lotus Elise Club Cup - Saturday Racing - Race 2 Feb 18th - SIGN UP NOW

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,010 comments
Why? He DC'd/internet crashed. Surely that's the equivalent of a mechanical failure?

There's no rule about still getting points after finishing 50% distance or anything.

I mean, I'm probably biased because my championship is at stake here, but really?

:grumpy:

Why shouldn't he get points when he was so close to the line, and only 4 drivers were behind him in the race? Sounds pretty desperate to give a DNF and zero points after an extremely frustrating incident like that.

I'm not desperate to give him no points, but In my eyes it doesn't matter when you DC, you are out of the race.

It's pretty frustrating for me not being able to participate in the previous 2 races because of my connection, in such a critical position, but that's racing.

I didn't give him any points at first because i wanted to wait for the creators (Dax) verdict. But then i did it in the opposite way.. give him points and then wait for verdict. :P

I have no special opinion in the case though, just rule it as you like.

I've posted a message to Dax. We probably ought to ask carracer for his opinion too. 👍

Since I've JPEGed those, i'll leave it until we get a ruling. :)

Umm, no? DC'd 3 laps from the line --> credited with last place, in this case 5th?

That was a bad time for a D/C.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm not sure but I think it would be and should be called a DNF.

Just wasn't a good weekend of racing for me, DNF here, 9th over at FMSC....

Will be back next week though :mischievous:

Are we really running the C/T C/W variant of the Nurburgring? :nervous:

With these cars, on these tyres wouldn't it be better to run, just the normal one? :)

EDIT: Also who's actually turning up- our numbers seem to dwindle with each race. :lol:

Last edited:
Are we really running the C/T C/W variant of the Nurburgring? :nervous:

With these cars, on these tyres wouldn't it be better to run, just the normal one? :)

EDIT: Also who's actually turning up- our numbers seem to dwindle with each race. :lol:

I'm racing, and if it rain I'm happy :)

I'm not against the rain so much, just the dark- I can't see a thing in the dark, mostly because of GT5, partly because of my rubbish TV. :scared:

Hoping for a small grid if my connection holds. ;)

EDIT:Although, carracer will most likely win so 6 points will be enough. :rolleyes:

EDIT 2: So it's just me, Dax, Carracer, Williebaby and Carbonox?

Last edited:
So what will the time and weather settings be?

From the OP I gathered it will be 19:00 but what will the time progression be? Weather at 20%? Or 50%? What about surface water? I take it changeability will be 3.

Also, what about the pace lap- will it be rolling until the Nordchleife start like Sunday?

Last edited:
Dax. Have you actually tried driving this car in rain/night. Visibility is as poor as it always in in GT5 and the car becomes pretty much undriveable beyond 60/70% surface water. :nervous: (in the dark)

I, for one, certainly know that at least racing hards are very undriveable in wet conditions. Sports softs wouldn't seem much better in my opinion.

I, for one, certainly know that at least racing hards are very undriveable in wet conditions. Sports softs wouldn't seem much better in my opinion.

They're ok until the water hits 60ish percent- then the back kicks out at every turn.

I don't know if we're racing in the dark, the op says 19:00 so probably, but it's horrific in the dark. :scared:

Thanks for the few races this season guys, sadly I will be off to Huish Park to watch the Npower League 1 relegation 6 pointer between Yeovil Town + Rochdale Town on Saturday :);)

EDIT: GO MARUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I will probably start the race on 60% water on track, no weather and 0 changeability. :D

Well that would be ok because the track would dry out seeing as the weather would be set to 0. ;)

But seriously, what will the weather/time settings be? :boggled:

Thanks for the few races this season guys, sadly I will be off to Huish Park to watch the Npower League 1 relegation 6 pointer between Yeovil Town + Rochdale Town on Saturday :);)

EDIT: GO MARUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

:(

And YEAH!!!! 3rd place is all I need. :D

Last edited:
This thread has died recently, despite the fact that it's the final race tomorrow. :confused:

Should be good fun. :D

Just tried some laps in pitch black, and set a time of 10:29.255 but with 0% rain.

I did not test the car in wet condition, so dont know how much that will affect the race, but pretty much i assume :)

But are we gonna use qual tomorrow ?
And is there still 1 pitstop during the race ?
And is the new M:I 4 any good ? ;)

Just tried some laps in pitch black, and set a time of 10:29.255 but with 0% rain.

I did not test the car in wet condition, so dont know how much that will affect the race, but pretty much i assume :)

And, will we do a full parade lap at 60MPH/100KPH?

What is that? :confused:

Back