Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada

• Thread starter EDK
  • 127 comments
Thats been a dream of mine... One day have enough money to build a copy of the Nurburgring... But in Nevada? Come on.. I know its a desert which isnt being used, but still...

It's pretty pointless especially because no racing series is going there. Only testing. Wow.

I think that's what makes the most money for the real ring, All those manufactures paying to rent the track = $ (But the real track is still in debt at last check)

What about the VLN series? :confused:

I hope this doesn't pull through. Never remake a legend. It just shouldn't happen. If it does happen, oh well, I'd still rather go to Germany and drive on the original. :)

EliteDreamer
What about the VLN series? :confused:

I hope this doesn't pull through. Never remake a legend. It just shouldn't happen. If it does happen, oh well, I'd still rather go to Germany and drive on the original. :)

Yeah so would I.

So it will be a 2D version of the green hell?

Fail,

A better idea would be to marry all good race tracks in the world together.

Get the Karussell from the ring, Skyline or Cutting from Bathurst, Spoon corner from Suzuka, Porsche corner from Circuit de la Sarthe, La Rascasse from Circuit de Monaco ect.

Grayfox

Fail,

A better idea would be to marry all good race tracks in the world together.

Get the Karussell from the ring, Skyline or Cutting from Bathurst, Spoon corner from Suzuka, Porsche corner from Circuit de la Sarthe, La Rascasse from Circuit de Monaco ect.

And the hill (I forgot it's name) from spa, the corkscrew from laguna seca, and a twist of it's own identity

That could turn out either awesome or terrible

But just a Nürburgring replica is still a great vegas cultural idea

However another way to see it is that americans will pull out of testing at the original for money concerns and the original wouldn't make enough money and be shut down if what the money problems you guys are saying are true

I see it failing horribly.
For one, the trees are an important part of the track, meaning blind corners and happy accidents. :D

I don't see it working in a desert.

America needs a unique, long track to start its own legacy.

No copy please

No it doesn't. Not every country needs a LOOOONG track a la Nurburgring/Le Mans

It does need its own Spa, or it's own Suzuka.
Which is where Circuit of the Americas comes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
This, please do.

Somebody wake this rich fathead up and make some use of him. :dunce:

Think about this for a second. Chances are you will never be able to take a lap around the real 'Ring, but there's someone wanting to give you that chance although within a days drive of you and you would turn it down?

My answer = hell no. Bring it on!

America has its own iconic track.

Leguna Seca/Mazda Speedway

Think about this for a second. Chances are you will never be able to take a lap around the real 'Ring, but there's someone wanting to give you that chance although within a days drive of you and you would turn it down?

Do you really think it will be a real copy?

A copy is something that is same as the original, so it means, same elevation changes, same track width, same track length, same drawings, same bumps, same blind spots caused by trees(i cant see green trees or any kind of tree in a desert).

Just a thought, but how cool would it be if they made scaled down versions of a whole bunch of tracks and then connected them to make a giant, awesome, international, scaled model of motorsport. I can't think of a better place than Vegas (except maybe Disney World, but there's not enough space).

Do you really think it will be a real copy?

A copy is something that is same as the original, so it means, same elevation changes, same track width, same track length, same drawings, same bumps, same blind spots caused by trees(i cant see green trees or any kind of tree in a desert).

I'm willing to make a rather sizable bet that it won't happen at all. But in the event that it does happen, I think that accurately recreating a track of this size that has almost 1000 feet of elevation change due to the natural elevation changes of the land will be nigh on impossible.

You probably have not been to Vegas before. The article mentioned 8 miles out of the city, and there are quite a few mountains that surround the area. See an example here.

las-vegas-strip.jpg

I see it failing horribly.
For one, the trees are an important part of the track, meaning blind corners and happy accidents. :D

I don't see it working in a desert.

Please don't double post. If you have a point to add before another member has posted, use the edit button. Use the multiquote feature if you want to quote several people, it's the small, bubble icon on the bottom right. Click it for as many people as you would like to quote, then hit reply.

I'll merge your posts now.

Agree completely. There's no way I could take my own car on the ring, like several Europeans I know have been able to do. The chance to take it out on a replica is as close as I'm going to get, I'll take it. I don't need our own, unique, ridiculously long track. That would mean I would have to learn it, and unless someone also models it on a decent game, I'm never going to know it as well as I know the Nordschleiffe.

But just a Nürburgring replica is still a great vegas cultural idea

And this. The original article mentions, and something I think everyone has let slip here. Vegas is all about gaudy, tacky, overblown, overbudget replicas of worldwide icons. Whether that's the Eiffel tower, the Canals of Venice, the New York Skyline, or the Pyramids of Egypt. If this was planned for anywhere else, I would tend to agree. But Vegas? Bring it on!

Last edited:
EDK
You probably have not been to Vegas before. The article mentioned 8 miles out of the city, and there are quite a few mountains that surround the area. See an example here.

Please don't double post. Use the multiquote feature if you want to quote several people, it's the small, bubble icon on the bottom right. Click it for as many people as you would like to quote, then hit reply.

I'll merge your posts now.
Agree completely. There's no way I could take my own car on the ring, like several Europeans I know have been able to do. The chance to take it out on a replica is as close as I'm going to get, I'll take it. I don't need our own, unique, ridiculously long track. That would mean I would have to learn it, and unless someone also models it on a decent game, I'm never going to know it as well as I know the Nordschleiffe.

And this. The original article mentions, and something I think everyone has let slip here. Vegas is all about gaudy, tacky, overblown, overbudget replicas of worldwide icons. Whether that's the Eiffel tower, the Canals of Venice, the New York Skyline, or the Pyramids of Egypt. If this was planned for anywhere else, I would tend to agree. But Vegas? Bring it on!

^^ Now I can see how that would work.
I's a very "Vegas" idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good point, but they might add something in the rent contract about that.

Perhaps adding renters insurance through the renting company itself. I doubt the driver's insurance is willing to cover a wrecked 458 Italia.

For one, a lot of car manafacturers are going to claim to have ran the ring in 7:xx mins. The Brown Hell, that is. Ze germans will not bie plieezed.

I'm more worried about how they plan to run this. In Germany, they'll let just about anyone on with a license as long as they pay a toll. That won't work here. US drivers just aren't taught proper driving etiquette like the Germans are & the accident rate of this Vegas replica could easily double Germany's.

If they leave this open to manufacturers & people with racing licenses, it'll definitely rake in some money. But, I don't see the average US driver looking for a quick thrill doing this track any good beyond the receipt.

@Maas: Well it's not our fault Germany is an international flight away.

And if the Nurb is in danger of financial collapse, there's always an oil sheikh from Dubai that will buy it.

Well the bright side is that if it is started and finished, it's an awesome thing in general. If it is started and failed, there's some fun stretches of pavemet out there to play on. It's a win win.

I'd love to see this happen, but unfortunately our stupid blood sucking layers would make it way too expensive to run a track day on that track...

I'd like to see it.

For those who say 'fail'... have you had your car on a race track before? It doesn't matter if it's exactly like The Ring or not... if your group reserves a weekend there, you'll be there. And, tracks like that book months, sometimes seasons in advance. Being a days drive from SoCal, AZ and Rocky Mountain regions of NASA & SCCA racing, I'm sure they'll all be fighting for weekends there. All of course, if it gets built.

I think it would be great to build it to current safety regs so then they could hold races.

North America already has its own Spa/Suzuka. Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, Indianapolis, Daytona, Sebring, Road America, Bristol, etc.

Circuit of the Americas? Anything by Herman Tilke will not do.

I have an idea for an American test track that incorporates the country's oval history with road racing. Something like the old Monza track that was part high banked oval but this track would have a more technical road course area

monza.jpg

Last edited:
Back