Man Wants To Build Exact Copy Of Nürburgring… In Nevada

• Thread starter EDK
  • 127 comments
In terms of profitability, using the relation to Nurburgring is probably a good idea.

In terms of practicality, it would probably be better to build an extensive automotive test complex. Nurb is famous as a test track, but there are 1001 ways to make a better one. And it would probably come out cheaper too.

as long as the public is allowed, i'm all for it. sure, its hot in the dessert but it would be a ideal place to run during the autum/spring months.

No.... thats gonna fail...

A facsimilie in the middle of the desert?

Honestly... yawn. I echo Evo7; build something unique.

America needs a unique, long track to start its own legacy.

No copy please

This, please do.

Somebody wake this rich fathead up and make some use of him. :dunce:

Sacrilege, just sacrilege.

I don't see why they could just design their own track instead.

This is the funny part to me; suppose Bruton Smith didn't say "I'm going to build a copy of the New-berg-reng*", and the track was pretty close to it, there would be jumps for joy and much rejoicing. But since he did, this same track is now derp-FAIL-copycat-facpalm-unworthy?

Really? A good track is a good track, no matter what. Of course, whether it gets actually gets built or not is another matter. But most of the negative responses just sound like fanboy gossip.

* okay, paraphrased...but he said it like that, go listen.

He isnt claiming to take the heritage with him. He just wants his own copy, thats all. Test center for USA teams wanting to do the VLN series?

I'd pay $60 a lap. And suck up the cost of getting there if it gets built

That's a stupid idea. The Nurburgring is unique to Germany. The guy should just make a track with a crap load of turns with changes in elevation. Done. I'd go there all the time from Los Angeles.... in the winter.

If the guy does end up building an exact copy though, I'd still go.

Back