Manufacturer Team Championship! Season 2 is coming! See last page!

• Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 771 comments

How many events would you like from this series? What Day/Time is best?

Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 6 12.5%

Votes: 11 22.9%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 4 8.3%

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I could give a rats...

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Weeknights GMT

• Saturday Morning GMT

• Saturday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Saturday Evening GMT

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Saturday Night GMT

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sunday Morning GMT

• Sunday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Sunday Evening GMT

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Sunday Night GMT

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Also do not care...

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
If you guys want TC on, we can have it on. Typically... if you get your diffs setup correctly, its no big deal, but I'm fine with it on.

As for UK racing cars... they have, Mclaren GTR, Bentley, Lister, Jag XJR9, Jag XJ220, not to mention the TVR and Lotus RM cars... I think you guys will be alright haha.

I want a private team, I own 2 M5s.
But if that doesn't work, I'll take Opel/Vauxhall.

I want a private team, I own 2 M5s.
But if that doesn't work, I'll take Opel/Vauxhall.

No private teams. Everyone owns a private racing team in GT5, haha. That said... unless FishyJuice has a buddy, we could still use someone on the BMW team if you'd like to run those M5's for some races.

If not though... we can put Vauxhall with Opel... and you with them.

No problem then.

So far I know that crispychicken has expressed willingness to move from Nissan over to the UK team... but I didn't know what Hawkeye had to say about that

DC9990 has just taken Honda, and is looking for a teammate to join.

This leaves CoolFiat and FishyJuice.

Since we're still accepting new entries... there is no rush, but I'd prefer to not have solo racing if at all possible. If people are interested in pairing up with one team or another... just let us know. As said, we've still got a bit of time though.

Please take some time to vote, and read through the first post for all of the info. If you have questions... please do not hesitate to ask here or via PM.

I'd like to get in! This will be my first foray into online racing, so I'm sure I won't be too credible a threat to anyone's chances of winning. :)

User name: FunkMuffin
PSN name: FlexiDigit
Team: I'll take the other half of the Nissan team

The only other important info is that I'll only be able to participate if the races are on weekends, as I'm an old working stiff and the job comes before racing.

I'd like to get in! This will be my first foray into online racing, so I'm sure I won't be too credible a threat to anyone's chances of winning. :)

User name: FunkMuffin
PSN name: FlexiDigit
Team: I'll take the other half of the Nissan team

The only other important info is that I'll only be able to participate if the races are on weekends, as I'm an old working stiff and the job comes before racing.

Hey welcome aboard m8! You'll have to define "weekend" with what timezone you're in. But yeah... with the way the voting is happening in the first post, I'd expect it to be on a weekend.

I'll be adding you to Nissan. It should be stated that Crispychicken had expressed interest in moving to the UK team... so if they swap out, don't take any personal offense :)

Hey welcome aboard m8! You'll have to define "weekend" with what timezone you're in. But yeah... with the way the voting is happening in the first post, I'd expect it to be on a weekend.

I'll be adding you to Nissan. It should be stated that Crispychicken had expressed interest in moving to the UK team... so if they swap out, don't take any personal offense :)

Yeah, sorry for the vagueness...

I'm in EDT, which I think is GMT-4 this time of year. So Saturday or Sunday afternoon GMT is potentially early morning here. That's fine, I just couldn't do, say, Tuesday Evening GMT, as I'll be in the office (likely in a really boring meeting...).

Hope I can fit in with the group's time preference!

Sorry for being vague. I'm in EDT (GMT-4 I think). Just about any time Saturday or Sunday should work fine, whereas Tuesday evening GMT would fall squarely in my workday.

Sorry for being vague. I'm in EDT (GMT-4 I think). Just about any time Saturday or Sunday should work fine, whereas Tuesday evening GMT would fall squarely in my workday.

No worries m8. I'm in EDT as well, and my teammate is in Mountain...

Hopefully... we can get the times to work out.

whats the pp limit going to be

It will be different for each race. But everyone will be made aware of the PP limit sometime on Sunday the 22nd.

Anticipate the first race to be the following weekend (28th or 29th).

For your team topban, I'd make sure you snatch up as many of those Fiats and Lancias from the UCD (though I have all of them but 2). Though I think for the first race we'll try and do something "in the middle" of the PP range so it's more user friendly and people can get into the series a little bit.

i'm very interested in this concept....i'd like to represent the toyota team...my only question is shouldn't lexus and scion be lumped in with toyota since they are all the same company??
GTP name=smokedogg
PSN name=tr1mble
company=toyota

i might be able to find a team mate but if not ill let you know

i'm very interested in this concept....i'd like to represent the toyota team...my only question is shouldn't lexus and scion be lumped in with toyota since they are all the same company??
GTP name=smokedogg
PSN name=tr1mble
company=toyota

i might be able to find a team mate but if not ill let you know

Haha... I think almost everyone that has signed up has mentioned various manufacturer alliances. Yes... we are aware that there are many companies that are "under the same umbrella" if you will. But, our goal is to provide as much manufacturer variety as possible.

For example... With Ford, we included Ford AU and Mercury since it adds one more car each, and we wanted to include them.

But with Toyota, they have enough on their own, and Lexus/Scion have enough on their own, so we split it into "JDM" and "USDM".

That all said... I will happily give you Toyota, but be advised... we'll need to combine teams as we have a few that are single member. If you have a buddy, I'd suggest nabbing them ASAP as there is now only one spot left.

Welcome aboard! :)

Glad to meat you. I'll send you a FR on PSN later.

what will the first track be and what is the PP limit

also, i am like, 6 hours behing GMT im pretty sure, will this work out :nervous: ? im in canada.

I'll take that last spot for BMW
I'm in Canada, MST timezone, so hopefully the timing of the races works out!
User Name: Taisan
PSN Name: Sommer78
Team Choice: BMW

what will the first track be and what is the PP limit

also, i am like, 6 hours behing GMT im pretty sure, will this work out :nervous: ? im in canada.

Mitch... These details will be released this weekend so you'll have a week to plan, practice, and tune away! Also, don't worry about times, my teammate is in Denver so it should work out for the mountain guys.

I'll take that last spot for BMW
I'm in Canada, MST timezone, so hopefully the timing of the races works out!
User Name: Taisan
PSN Name: Sommer78
Team Choice: BMW

Taisan. Welcome aboard m8! We're glad to have you! Go about introducing yourself to your teammate.

For the others...

smokedogg
COOLfiat555
GTP_DC9990
gdwest1

Please see if any of you can reach an agreement on being teammates. If not, and you all would still like to participate, We'd happily assign you randomly.

Also... please be sure to vote if you haven't yet on the time and number of events you'd like to see. I'll be closing down voting sometime Friday and will get the details for the first race out as soon as we can get the teams sorted out.

Thanks guys! Hopefully everyone is excited as we are!

Back