Manufacturer Team Championship! Season 2 is coming! See last page!

• Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 771 comments

How many events would you like from this series? What Day/Time is best?

Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 6 12.5%

Votes: 11 22.9%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 4 8.3%

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I could give a rats...

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Weeknights GMT

• Saturday Morning GMT

• Saturday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Saturday Evening GMT

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Saturday Night GMT

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sunday Morning GMT

• Sunday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Sunday Evening GMT

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Sunday Night GMT

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Also do not care...

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
All rite thanks for adding me, now... could we get me a good teammate? I shall moderate my teammate please?

All rite thanks for adding me, now... could we get me a good teammate? I shall moderate my teammate please?

Chaps... fwiw, Mr. Fiat is a tuner, and may well be able to provide good insight on car tuning. If not, he'd definitely be able to help with transmissions.

On the other side of the coin... Mr. Fiat... I'm doubting that many would want to jump from Honda, Toyota, or "The UK Team" over to Vauxhall/Opel. If you'd like... I'd be willing to give Vauxhall to the UK team to entice you over???

Thoughts fellas?

So, I'm joined up with Taisan then. If so, nice.
I'll get some more BMWs and tune 'em.
Soo, I just wait for the PP limits..?

I would enjoy being apart of this. I'm not a front of the pack runner but I like to think I can hold my own.
PSN ID: SOMER_one
Gtp: SOMER_one
Team: NISMO/ Infiniti
I'm insterested to hear more and partake in this chamionship.

So, I'm joined up with Taisan then. If so, nice.
I'll get some more BMWs and tune 'em.
Soo, I just wait for the PP limits..?

Yep... Thats how it'll go.

I would enjoy being apart of this. I'm not a front of the pack runner but I like to think I can hold my own.
PSN ID: SOMER_one
Gtp: SOMER_one
Team: NISMO/ Infiniti
I'm insterested to hear more and partake in this chamionship.

Hey Somer... I messaged you back on PSN last night. As of right now... we're full (16 racers). We'd still love to have you, but you'd be a reserve driver at this stage. What that would mean is... if someone dropped out completely, or needed a sub for a week, you'd step in and race on that team if they couldn't find a sub.

I should also mention... this is the time when we'll see most people drop out because the first race won't be until next weekend... some people may just lose interest or forget that they signed up. So I guess keep an eye on this thread for the next week, and you may be able to get onto one of the other teams.

If not... stay tuned. I'm anticipating running a season 2 pending the success with this event.

Yep... Thats how it'll go.

Hey Somer... I messaged you back on PSN last night. As of right now... we're full (16 racers). We'd still love to have you, but you'd be a reserve driver at this stage. What that would mean is... if someone dropped out completely, or needed a sub for a week, you'd step in and race on that team if they couldn't find a sub.

I should also mention... this is the time when we'll see most people drop out because the first race won't be until next weekend... some people may just lose interest or forget that they signed up. So I guess keep an eye on this thread for the next week, and you may be able to get onto one of the other teams.

If not... stay tuned. I'm anticipating running a season 2 pending the success with this event.

Sounds good ill be checking back frequently. One question if I do get subed in and don't have a cat that's from that team what would I do borrow one or.buy one?

EivlEvo
It will be different for each race. But everyone will be made aware of the PP limit sometime on Sunday the 22nd.

Anticipate the first race to be the following weekend (28th or 29th).

For your team topban, I'd make sure you snatch up as many of those Fiats and Lancias from the UCD (though I have all of them but 2). Though I think for the first race we'll try and do something "in the middle" of the PP range so it's more user friendly and people can get into the series a little bit.

Cool I got most of the road ferraris and fiats but only 2 lancas

I'm just moving this post here from page 3 for convenience. We still need some team mating. LOL!

If anyone is willing to join together in teams from this list, please go about it and let me know. As this is a team event, we'll need people to be on teams. I'm more than willing to assign people, but I'd rather have you all be on a team that you'll enjoy driving on.

Here's the list:

Teams with names listed next to them in Blue are teams that have one of the 2 possible slots filled.
Teams with names listed next to them in Red are teams that have both slots filled and are closed.

1. Acura: 392-524
2. Audi: 296-705: topban82 and JFN 47
3. BMW: 361-645: FishyJuice/Taisan (Sommer78)
4. Chevrolet/Buick/Cadillac/Pontiac: 352-630
5. Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth/Eagle: 344-633
6. Citroen: 204-681
7. Ford/Ford AU/Mercury: 276-635: EivlEvo/Lancifer (Pending anyone demanding to use Ford)
8. Honda: 263-586: GTP_DC9990
9. Infiniti/Nismo: 366-512
10. Isuzu: 335-459
11. Lexus/Scion: 388-589
12. Mazda: 207-708: antix5 (Renault_Glenzo) and hartwell99
13. Mercedes: 315-722
14. Mitsubishi: 296-515
15. Nissan: 280-717: crispychicken49 and FunkMuffin(FlexiDigit)
16. Opel/Vauxhall: 326-581: COOLfiat555
17. Peugeot: 354-697
18. Renault/RenaultSport: 353-521
19. Subaru: 230-566: Mitchman17 and jess208 of Stark-Reid Racing
20. Suzuki: 291-734
21. Toyota: 279-723: smokedogg (tr1mble)
22. VW/Bugatti/Lamborghini: 206-638
23. Volvo: 309-417
24. Hyundai/Oullim: 366-482
25. Alfa Romeo: 329-538
26: Fiat/Ferrari/Lancia: 213-871:
27. United Kingdom Team: 319-611 (Aston/TVR/Jag/Lotus/Caterham/Bentley/Ginetta/Land Rover/Lister/MG/Marcos/McLaren.): gdwest1(Hawkeye122)
Since many of the UK manufacturers have a very similar range, we decided to make them a lump category. If someone wants to use a specific UK manufacturer only, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

I'm just moving this post here from page 3 for convenience. We still need some team mating. LOL!

If anyone is willing to join together in teams from this list, please go about it and let me know. As this is a team event, we'll need people to be on teams. I'm more than willing to assign people, but I'd rather have you all be on a team that you'll enjoy driving on.

Here's the list:

Teams with names listed next to them in Blue are teams that have one of the 2 possible slots filled.
Teams with names listed next to them in Red are teams that have both slots filled and are closed.

7. Ford/Ford AU/Mercury: 276-635: EivlEvo/Lancifer (Pending anyone demanding to use Ford)
27. United Kingdom Team: 319-611 (Aston/TVR/Jag/Lotus/Caterham/Bentley/Ginetta/Land Rover/Lister/MG/Marcos/McLaren.): gdwest1(Hawkeye122)
Since many of the UK manufacturers have a very similar range, we decided to make them a lump category. If someone wants to use a specific UK manufacturer only, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Im might actually be able to help with Gear Ratios, thank you ;)
Yes, I am a "tuner", but just a tranny tuner... albeit I might be a good one. :)
So, yes... Would anyone want to join me on Opel and Vauxhall (please don't take Vauxhall away from Opel, that is like taking Stig out of Top Gear!)
Thank you
- SZ (Mr. COOLfiat)

Here's the list:

btw his psn is jesse208 not jess208, i just wanted to tell ya :P

Somer and Balang. You should receive PMs from me shortly filling you in on whats going on.

Mitch... I've made the necessary PSN name change in the FIRST post... but I haven't copied it all the way through the whole thread. Just so you know I got the message though.

Mr. Cool fiat currently, you can not receive PMs. A couple of quick things. I have no reason to split Vauxhall and Opel. If you get a teammate to join your team... you can have Vauxhall Opel. What I was suggesting though, is that if you'd be willing to join the UK team, I would move Vauxhall (but not Opel) over to the UK team for you to be able to use. That said, if I'm not mistaken... Vauxhall and Opel have the EXACT same cars in game. The only difference is the brand I believe (and paint on the race cars). But you'll need to figure out whats going on with your private messages.

Somer and Balang. You should receive PMs from me shortly filling you in on whats going on.

Mitch... I've made the necessary PSN name change in the FIRST post... but I haven't copied it all the way through the whole thread. Just so you know I got the message though.

Mr. Cool fiat currently, you can not receive PMs. A couple of quick things. I have no reason to split Vauxhall and Opel. If you get a teammate to join your team... you can have Vauxhall Opel. What I was suggesting though, is that if you'd be willing to join the UK team, I would move Vauxhall (but not Opel) over to the UK team for you to be able to use. That said, if I'm not mistaken... Vauxhall and Opel have the EXACT same cars in game. The only difference is the brand I believe (and paint on the race cars). But you'll need to figure out whats going on with your private messages.

wtf lol, ok I understand. But why are you suggesting to NOT keep them together? By keeping them apart you give "Opel" to the Brits and I still keep the Original Opel (Opel = Vauxhall = Opel)?
Why would you do that though? Just let me keep Vauxhall, It's better for me, since finding Opels (standards, and on the UCD!!) is hard. You understand?
And I have no idea what could possibly be wrong with my PMs. I just emptied all of my folders... try again please, and on PSN send me some. Thank you and goodbye ;)
EDIT:
Ah, I get what you mean...
Explain further in the PMs, though.

quick question....would spoon go with Honda???

No sir. We may do some races that will include "tuner cars" but as of right now I think the rule we'll be going with will be... If you sort your garage by your manufacturer (ie: Honda) whatever comes up is fair game.

That said... you are more than welcome to buy a spoon car, look at its suspension setup and specs, and replicate it with an actual Honda car?

Also... fiat... You're totally misunderstanding what I'm saying... I'll pm you. I'm not trying to take anything away from you haha!

Event UPDATE!

Times

Alrighty. The races will be Saturday GMT starting at 21:00 (9PM GMT!) topban82 is proposing a 20:00 GMT start with a 1 hr race and a 19:30 lobby. Any issues? The lobby will open at 20:30 GMT and it will be in my personal lounge for now. When you friend request me, please put Manufacturer Championship, and your team in the message. I will add everyone with a confirmed (red) team to my B-spec grind list so that I can help everyone make a little bit of cash to help with the events. I'd ask that you all do the same if that's your jam.

Events

We'll be running 6 events for the first season. Hopefully it goes well, and is good fun so that we can get a second season going.

The points for the event are as follows:
ijqsGu.jpg

More details will be made available this weekend including the PP limit and regulations! :)

Last edited:
Eh. 1 hour races, as long as they aren't longer that should be okay. But combined with 9pm start time for me...

Meh. I'll come up with a solution.

In a pure attempt to see a wider variety of cars in the field, wouldn't Audi fall under VW? also Bentley and, I know I am stretching it but RUF as well?

just a thought :)

Eh. 1 hour races, as long as they aren't longer that should be okay. But combined with 9pm start time for me...

Meh. I'll come up with a solution.

Times are based on # of laps... so some races will be quick and some may be longer... The races will actually be "shorter" but with pitting times, and getting everything together, we're looking at about an hour I think...

So you'd prefer the 9pm, but will be able to work something out with the 8pm races?

No, I meant the other way around that the 1h races are okay. But with an hour later starting it would be a bit harder.

But it's not a problem so to say, I'd just prefer it.

In a pure attempt to see a wider variety of cars in the field, wouldn't Audi fall under VW? also Bentley and, I know I am stretching it but RUF as well?

just a thought :)

Well... you are correct sir. However, we don't want a team to have a stacked setup. To that end... I think we'll be able to have another season and theres a possibility that other manufacturers will be moved into the mix.

Our goal IS to get a variety of cars on the track. But with that "variety" we aren't trying to get someone to use cars that are very common in racing (like R8, Nardo, Gallardo, etc), we can see that any day. Racing an Audi A2 vs. a Polo vs. a 1 series bimmer... thats a little more uncommon. So we have 6 races, and we want people to use 6 different cars (that may not happen, and if you CAN use the same car for all 6 races, you're certainly welcome to do so), so yeah... At this stage, we'll be leaving the manufacturers aligned the way they are. We're looking at incorporating "tuner cars" for one race. Not sure if it will happen or not.

Back