Manufacturer Team Championship! Season 2 is coming! See last page!

• Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 771 comments

How many events would you like from this series? What Day/Time is best?

Votes: 3 6.3%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 6 12.5%

Votes: 11 22.9%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 5 10.4%

Votes: 4 8.3%

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I could give a rats...

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Weeknights GMT

• Saturday Morning GMT

• Saturday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Saturday Evening GMT

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Saturday Night GMT

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sunday Morning GMT

• Sunday Afternoon GMT

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Sunday Evening GMT

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Sunday Night GMT

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Also do not care...

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
I would be interested to join the Audi team. If topban does not approve Lexus would be my second choice.

ps: Sorry if double post appears, my first message was like 12(!) hours ago.

topban...

I got ur PM could you repost ur info in this thread so I can copy pasta it to where it needs to go?

Thanks...

err ok then
psn:topban82
gtplanet:topban82
team:audi
anything i missed

Haha... I meant for your teammate. I have your info! lol. :)

Thanks...

Expect some information to be coming out this evening! I need to build a picnic table and tune a bicycle first though!

Haha... I meant for your teammate. I have your info! lol. :)

Thanks...

Expect some information to be coming out this evening! I need to build a picnic table and tune a bicycle first though!

LOL sorry
psn:sparkysun2113
gtplanet:sparkysun2113
edit: their u go and evo why do u not answer my messages on PSN and can u make a game tomorrow from 7:00 to 8:00 BST to check the internet for a game hosted by u and maybe we can have a practise race?

Last edited:
LOL sorry
psn:sparkysun2113
gtplanet:sparkysun2113
edit: their u go and evo why do u not answer my messages on PSN and can u make a game tomorrow from 7:00 to 8:00 BST to check the internet for a game hosted by u and maybe we can have a practise race?

I would/could happily answer your PMs on PSN. However, I'm at my folks house for the weekend so I only have my laptop keyboard, so its easier for me to type on here than it is to type on PSN.

That said... I plan on doing some host testing this week. If possible, I will try to host a room once each day, but I'm not sure how that will pan out because I may have some aviation stuff going on for a few days.

I would/could happily answer your PMs on PSN. However, I'm at my folks house for the weekend so I only have my laptop keyboard, so its easier for me to type on here than it is to type on PSN.

That said... I plan on doing some host testing this week. If possible, I will try to host a room once each day, but I'm not sure how that will pan out because I may have some aviation stuff going on for a few days.

I am currently holding a room: GTPlanet MTC (LOUNGE)
Code: 1472 6118 4216 8213 0738

A quick update to keep people interested.

We WILL have at LEAST prizes of:

1000 Tickets to the winning TEAM (thats one each) of each race! (12 total up for grabs)
Level 21 Tickets to the winning TEAM (one each again) of the entire championship! (2 total) Thanks to Taisan for providing me with the tickets!

A quick update to keep people interested.

We WILL have at LEAST prizes of:

1000 Tickets to the winning TEAM (thats one each) of each race! (12 total up for grabs)
Level 21 Tickets to the winning TEAM (one each again) of the entire championship! (2 total) Thanks to Taisan for providing me with the tickets!

AWESOME!!! :)
COOL SHADES: :cool::sly:

Alright, this looks good. I think I can make it. That should be 2:00 PM here for me.

(AUDI)

"Ballast Allowed (6 kilos or less must be at position zero): Yes" dose this mean 6,000kg or 600kg and no adding weight

Ok... I'm going to try and clear up some questions...

1. Taisan: I haven't tested how many laps yet, because I haven't gotten my car tuned. Expect the race to be around an hour including pitting though. I'm a bicycling official (for USAC) irl so my officiating skills should be good enough for this. :)

2. Fishyjuice: Races will all be roughly 1 hour including pitting. I'm not a big fan of endurance racing, but if the racing is as good as I hope it will be, this should be good as far as a time limit.

3. Motortrendmitch: We MAY have races where racing mods are permitted. At this PP level though... it's too low. So yes... there will likely be a racing car/racing mod race, but no promises.

4. Topban: 6 kilos is 6 kilograms. If I'm not mistaken (I'll check later) most all cars can apply ballast from zero to 200 kilograms. There is a glitch however, that enables your car to get better traction (allegedly) by applying ZERO ballast over your drive wheels. This would be considered cheating. The reason I selected 6 kilos is because 7 kilos = 1 PP. So 6 and under do nothing to change your PP but will give you a greater advantage with traction. So 6kg and less, needs to be at position zero, anything GREATER than 6kg can be applied anywhere.

As for laps, I'd say run your cars and then see what your average lap times are. Then figure there's 60 minutes in an hour, and just do some quick math.

5. Mr. Coolfiat: You MAY get a reserve driver... but there's no need for one unless your teammate doesn't show. If thats the case, then perhaps it would be worth your time to go and find someone interested? But lets give your teammate a little while to get online. People get busy on occasion. :)

6. FunkMuffin: Those X's represent your car manufacturers international racing colors. This was a bit more well known in the 70's and earlier, as they're not taken very seriously these days. I was just trying to dress the post up a bit, but it doesn't matter what color your cars are painted when entering the race.

To everyone... be cautious about modifying a vehicle that you have only one of and are unable to get another. If you do permanent mods (weight reduction, engine improvements) which obviously raise the PP, and you want use the car for another race, you may not be able to get the PP low enough to clear the regulations. Just a heads up that a series like this requires a bit of planning, or an endless supply of standard and premium models from your manufacturer.

Any other questions... please ask away! :)

Ok... I'm going to try and clear up some questions...

1. Taisan: I haven't tested how many laps yet, because I haven't gotten my car tuned. Expect the race to be around an hour including pitting though. I'm a bicycling official (for USAC) irl so my officiating skills should be good enough for this. :)

2. Fishyjuice: Races will all be roughly 1 hour including pitting. I'm not a big fan of endurance racing, but if the racing is as good as I hope it will be, this should be good as far as a time limit.

3. Motortrendmitch: We MAY have races where racing mods are permitted. At this PP level though... it's too low. So yes... there will likely be a racing car/racing mod race, but no promises.

4. Topban: 6 kilos is 6 kilograms. If I'm not mistaken (I'll check later) most all cars can apply ballast from zero to 200 kilograms. There is a glitch however, that enables your car to get better traction (allegedly) by applying ZERO ballast over your drive wheels. This would be considered cheating. The reason I selected 6 kilos is because 7 kilos = 1 PP. So 6 and under do nothing to change your PP but will give you a greater advantage with traction. So 6kg and less, needs to be at position zero, anything GREATER than 6kg can be applied anywhere.

As for laps, I'd say run your cars and then see what your average lap times are. Then figure there's 60 minutes in an hour, and just do some quick math.

5. Mr. Coolfiat: You MAY get a reserve driver... but there's no need for one unless your teammate doesn't show. If thats the case, then perhaps it would be worth your time to go and find someone interested? But lets give your teammate a little while to get online. People get busy on occasion. :)

6. FunkMuffin: Those X's represent your car manufacturers international racing colors. This was a bit more well known in the 70's and earlier, as they're not taken very seriously these days. I was just trying to dress the post up a bit, but it doesn't matter what color your cars are painted when entering the race.

To everyone... be cautious about modifying a vehicle that you have only one of and are unable to get another. If you do permanent mods (weight reduction, engine improvements) which obviously raise the PP, and you want use the car for another race, you may not be able to get the PP low enough to clear the regulations. Just a heads up that a series like this requires a bit of planning, or an endless supply of standard and premium models from your manufacturer.

Any other questions... please ask away! :)

Awesome! THanks for clearing it up!
And kids, that is why you stock up on your Manufacturer's Cars!

thanks for clearing that up!

will there be penalties if someone drives to aggresivly or cuts? and will there be someone watching over the race the whole time?
sorry bout all the Q's btw :dunce:

thanks for clearing that up!

will there be penalties if someone drives to aggresivly or cuts? and will there be someone watching over the race the whole time?
sorry bout all the Q's btw :dunce:

Oh don't EVEN apologize for the questions. I welcome and encourage them... if anyone gets annoying, I'll let you know kindly :)

There will not be anyone (as of yet) watching over the race at all. Penalties are turned off because I think they're unrealistic, but we will certainly hand out penalties and potentially relegate someone if necessary if an incident occurs.

We're both pretty relaxed guys, and are probably not the best drivers, so we understand when someone is trying to run fast laps and maybe they get a little out of control and end up taking an accidental shortcut. If that happens, obviously just slow down a bit to "give the time back".

But if someone is BLATANTLY cheating... (and at this point I'll direct you to one of the bullets in the first post "We have the final authority, always. You have the option to leave, always") not only is it silly to do something like that in a video game, we'll have no problem removing them.

So if you see an incident that you don't like... simply remember as much info as you can. Where it happened, when it happened, who it happened with, and then PM me and I'll review the replay and we'll get things sorted out.

Really though... just save everyone the trouble and try not to jump straight to conclusions, and if you happen to take a shortcut... just make it right in game. We're all just trying to have fun.

Just thinking that with all the disconnects I have seen recently online, maybe there should be an impromptu testing session hosted by EivlEvo to test everyones connection?

Taisan
Just thinking that with all the disconnects I have seen recently online, maybe there should be an impromptu testing session hosted by EivlEvo to test everyones connection?

Yeah I said that to him cople of days ago... No answer

Hmm... About the 1 hour race duration.
Will there be any race that isn't that long?
It's just a bit too long for me, since that would make the races end somewhere near 10pm in GMT+1.
I'll probably make it on Saturday, but if we could have some races more like 45-50 min races then that would be great. But still, I'm looking forward to Saturday's race.

Back