March 2024 update predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to put my hands at GT one and give it a spin at La Sarthe .

I don't think that would be ridiculous expensive judging from the price of the other cars in the category but you never know.

I also hope to leave untouched the rest of the group cars with few of them having already a very glitch tune like 787 .

Hopefully the TS010 that was rebuilt by TMG back in the day.

Would be nice to have alongside the 905 - and you never know the XJR-14.

Even more intrigued now GT's sound is top quality. A tuned LFA V10 sounds very similar to the Group C 3.5 V10's.

how many ts010 are there? I know there were 3 specifications of aero ... and 1 "special proto"... they had canards on -closed back wheels- probably wasn't legal for racing..I am not sure which never raced..just like peugeot did with 905b 2 evo 2 "supercopter"

gran turismo could be only game that would officially had those 2...I never saw those two official cars..just mods...

Last edited:
how many ts010 are there? I know there were 3 specifications of aero ... and 1 "special proto"... they had canards on -closed back wheels- probably wasn't legal for racing..I am not sure which never raced..just like peugeot did with 905b 2 evo 2 "supercopter"

gran turismo could be only game that would officially had those 2...I never saw those two official cars..just mods...
As of the above article (2012) there are three running cars, two in Japan, one in Europe.

There maybe more up and running now thanks to the popularity of historic Group C. Even complex 3.5 cars are being restored and hitting the track - with Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Mercedes selling the occasional car from their collections. There are currently three XJR-14's running - one was built-up from spare parts.

The '91/'92 TS010's ran with rear wheel covers, in '93 they ditched them as more time was lost in the pits, than gained on track.

Last edited:

In this video, Mario Soler, the Youtuber who talked about the 3 cars leak one week ago is saying No circuit coming this month. Hopefully he is wrong...

My only expectation with tracks is we'll get two per year.

So I expect the first one to be released by May/Jun - the second around Oct/Nov/Dec.

I'd be happy with a few circuit updates and some significant events or Missions.

My only expectation with tracks is we'll get two per year.

So I expect the first one to be released by May/Jun - the second around Oct/Nov/Dec.

I'd be happy with a few circuit updates and some significant events or Missions.
and the third one somewhen in March-June 2025, maybe?

While I'm not expecting a circuit personally, it's worth noting that the video is saying "the people who'd know haven't said anything about a track either way", not "the people who'd know have said there is no track". So there's no actual new information there, no confirming leak that there definitely isn't.

and the third one somewhen in March-June 2025, maybe?
I wouldn't look that far ahead.

By the end of '24 we should see a PS5 Pro update for GT7.

That could be a technical update like PSVR2 implementation, or it could be something akin to Spec III (even a new SKU) that arrives with additional content.

By then we should get a steer on if meaningful support for GT7 will continue - or if a GT8 announcement is imminent.

Based on what?

Always with the crazy assumptions lol 🤣

Only makes some people hyped to then be disappointed...

Reactions: kjb

That could be a technical update like PSVR2 implementation, or it could be something akin to Spec III (even a new SKU) that arrives with additional content.

By then we should get a steer on if meaningful support for GT7 will continue - or if a GT8 announcement is imminent.
I guess January-March 2025 for the last circuit and the B-Spec mode, then the meaningful support drops in favor of GT8. Would you agree?

Based on what?

Always with the crazy assumptions lol 🤣
The PS5 Pro update thing sounds realistic to me, the other two are to discuss though. But hey, that's just my opinion tho :P
Only makes some people hyped to then be disappointed...
That's gaming communities for you, been disappointed with many assumptions, I've learned to just ignore them if it sounds too good to be true :)

Since we know which cars do we get.

I think we will get more Neo-Classic events :) Toyota GT One fits there perfectly.

If we use the PS4 Pro as an example, any PS5 Pro update would be irrelevant to the vast majority of the GT7 userbase. PS4 Pro only ended up with a 20% share of the console sales, in a much more favourable economic environment. The amount of GT7/PS5P players would be very small.

the B-Spec mode
In my opinion, this would be a game changing feature, even better if implemented so as to be able to replace the human player: it would also open the way to proper endurance races, like the ones we had last time in GT5 (where, however, we couldn't use the B-Spec Mode as a "driver change": we could run the same race ourselves, also taking advantage of the possibility of pausing it and resuming it at will, OR running it, let's say, as team principal from the pit wall, giving indications to B-Spec pilots).

However, I really don't understand how it's possible that with GT5, on PS3, over 10 years ago, we had 24-hour endurance races that we could pause and resume whenever we wanted, and yet now, in 2024, we haven't races like those, not even on PS5. This thing doesn't have any sense.

Last edited:
April 7, 2022 Update 1.11 added new missions being the Human Comedy series, but that's the only missions added since Launch.
We could really do with something new there.
Among other things, IIRC, those missions, despite being challenging and very fun, are in fact one-shots: after having won them once, of course we can run them again as many times as we want, but without rewards.

Among other things, IIRC, those missions, despite being challenging and very fun, are in fact one-shots: after having won them once, of course we can run them again as many times as we want, but without rewards.
They definitely missed a trick on repaying out Cr rewards on the missions

April 7, 2022 Update 1.11 added new missions being the Human Comedy series, but that's the only missions added since Launch.
We could really do with something new there.
I bought the game a few months later. Sorry, and thanks for the answer. I wait for more missions, I hope.

If we use the PS4 Pro as an example, any PS5 Pro update would be irrelevant to the vast majority of the GT7 userbase. PS4 Pro only ended up with a 20% share of the console sales, in a much more favourable economic environment. The amount of GT7/PS5P players would be very small.

I think pd might push more ps5 only features when ps5 pro gets released, its pretty safe that a big update will arrive when ps5 pro releases, another update of sophy, bigger update in terms of single player events overhaul with weakly challanges etc.

Crazy prediction. What if we get new track this month Apricot Hill with circuit expirience on it using Toyota GT One? That would be nice throwback to GT2 License test….
When the last Gran Turismo legend - Suzuki Escudo - returned, didn't we also get Watkins Glen with the same Update?
Well, maybe that's a bit too much of a stretch. I don't really expect a new track this time.

I'm hoping for new Single Player races. With the GT-One, hopefully they add some races to the Neo Classic

Also for new races / menu books
In the previous GT games we had stuff like '4 Cylinder Shootout'
Something like 'Sound of V10s' - entry with naturally aspirated V10 road cars would be nice. But that's just me dreaming.

More realistic would be the return of the NA Challenge for naturally aspirated cars. We have Race of Turbo Sports Cars, but NA is missing. Would also fit R8
Also we have competitions for FF / FR but not MR - we need MR Challenge back, though the R8 will probably be the AWD version

When the last Gran Turismo legend - Suzuki Escudo - returned, didn't we also get Watkins Glen with the same Update?
Well, maybe that's a bit too much of a stretch. I don't really expect a new track this time.

I'm hoping for new Single Player races. With the GT-One, hopefully they add some races to the Neo Classic

Also for new races / menu books
In the previous GT games we had stuff like '4 Cylinder Shootout'
Something like 'Sound of V10s' - entry with naturally aspirated V10 road cars would be nice. But that's just me dreaming.

More realistic would be the return of the NA Challenge for naturally aspirated cars. We have Race of Turbo Sports Cars, but NA is missing. Would also fit R8
Also we have competitions for FF / FR but not MR - we need MR Challenge back, though the R8 will probably be the AWD version

Yes. We did get Watkins Glen with Escudo.

But there are several facts that male that prediction somewhat possible

1. Apricot Hill did appear in some leaks about his tacks one of them hinted both Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta
2. Last track we have got was on November. If PD want to give us 2 track per year there is high chance the first one will be released in spring.

I think there is high possibility for a track this month. Offcourse this is just my prediction and we can get anything or nothing with March update :) It just Apricot Hill paired with GTOne makes sense for me.

Yes. We did get Watkins Glen with Escudo.

But there are several facts that male that prediction somewhat possible

1. Apricot Hill did appear in some leaks about his tacks one of them hinted both Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta
2. Last track we have got was on November. If PD want to give us 2 track per year there is high chance the first one will be released in spring.

I think there is high possibility for a track this month. Offcourse this is just my prediction and we can get anything or nothing with March update :) It just Apricot Hill paired with GTOne makes sense for me.
which tracks were found in files?..i didn't heard of snow track could be in files..back then...so maybe they will suprise again..when/if any new circuit location will come...

which tracks were found in files?..i didn't heard of snow track could be in files..back then...so maybe they will suprise again..when/if any new circuit location will come...
Lake Louise was shown in a presentation back in August 2022 and was launched in game Feb 2023
cachedImage.png

Last edited:
OK my bad...didn't saw that!
thx
No worries not many people did, it could of easily just been taken as a test track rather than actual content for the game.

Edit: linked the document in the post, Yas Marina is shown but probably of been used for test purposes from the GPS data as a proof of concept rather than content for the game, but I can’t read the files/data to see this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back