Mercedes teases "Vision GT concept"

• Thread starter Ranman20
  • 395 comments
Well.. what will be next the next Vision GT Car? Let's guess.
There's like 18 manufacters to go (with Lexus 19). The remaining manufacters are: Alfa Romeo, Alpine, Aston Martin, Audi, Bertone, BMW, GM Design, Honda, Infiniti, Italdesign, Jordan, Nike, Nissan, Peugeot, SRT, VW and Zagato.

I think the next 1 is either Honda or Peugeot. :mischievous: I think the second, it appears at Christmas or at the start of January along with a DLC pack and a DLC track.
I believe that the next one is going to be the Alfa, because in the Vision GT trailer, the Merc was the first one shown, then the Alfa, the Bertone, and so on.
Edit: The order shown in the trailer was:
1. Mercedes-Benz
2. Alfa Romeo
3. Bertone
4.Volkswagen
5. Zagato
6. SRT
7. Peugeot
8. Alpine
9. GM
10. Nike
11. Aston Martin
12. Jordan
13. BMW
Only 13 renders were shown, so we have 6 unknown car designs.

Last edited:
2048_scankundenmagazin-mbpassion0413.jpg

http://blog.mercedes-benz-passion.c...turismo-erstes-bild-im-mercedes-benz-magazin/

Not sure what I think about concept cars still.... they're too fake and futuristic looking
Yep it really looks like a Mercedes "me-too" version of Citroen GT.
Too fake and futuristic (looking) are along the lines of what they're supposed to be. How many concept cars are made each year, and then, chosen to be produced, coming to fruition one way or another years from the moment they were first introduced? The R35 was a concept over a decade ago at first and there were changes still made to it to make a production car out of a "futuristic looking" car. Honestly, it has to start somewhere and like others have stated and have known for years already (seems like common sense though) that technologies and ideas come from these over-the-top concept cars and are ahead of their time so that those car manufacturers don't have to play catch-up. Evolution in the car world is constant like any other technologies.

Not entirely sure these things ends that way due to lack of time or investment.
IMO :D *fingers-crossed*

I knew I was going to somehow end up disliking these GTV cars when GTV was first announced. The GT by Citroen is fugly, and this is too.
My thought exactly. And Mercedes, congratulations for the ugliest rims ever.
@HKS racer, I didn't think you were talking about the Silver Arrow seeing as how it wasn't the car to be confirmed as a Vision GT car whereas the Mercedes AMG Concept was. Even then, I'd still have to DISAGREE that the Silver Arrow has the "ugliest wheels ever" (*cough* it's not even a production car kid *cough*). They're just empty and comparing them to other wheels with INNER detail and design behind them is ridiculous. In motion (if the Silver Arrow comes to GT6) the wheels along with the car would actually be pretty cool looking.

I think the GT by Citroen looks amazing, artistically "futuristic" and still beautifully crafted. I have the "freedom to dislike and disagree with your viewpoint", though for some odd reason, HKS racer thought I was telling him that he didn't have the "right" or choice to voice his opinion. Anyyyywayyyy, in those pictures of the Silver Arrow, the whole car looks quite a bit crappy, because it didn't have quality graphics, if that matters for perspective; it all looked shoddily created. In reality, it in my opinion looks like a car that I'd love taking Photo Mode pictures of to put it simply and say the least.

Here's the real life model of the Silver Arrow (not confirmed, or even mentioned about, to be a Vision GT project [by Mercedes, as the AMG Concept is the first and only confirmed concept car for GT6]) and looks a lot better than the graphically created images of it. In a way, the front wheels/front-end look like a Prowler converted with an SL65/55 from the front of the car in the first picture. The second picture makes it look, as you said, like the GT by Citroen and open wheels looking like mini versions of the yet-to-be-revealed NIKE Two. From the from, it looks like a stock Mercedes-Benz with an extreme body kit or an LMP race car.

I'm not sure if I remembered to give feedback to all the things I wanted to. I still have to reply to Lain, but I don't even know if that's this thread.

Last edited:
Edit -
My thought exactly. And Mercedes, congratulations for the ugliest rims ever.
Yep it really looks like a Mercedes "me-too" version of Citroen GT.
I can't hit a dislike button, so i dislike your first statement reply and I think the GT by Citroen looks great. 'Nuff said (I never say "'nuff said" by the way.)
I'm not sure if we really need your silly complaint post on someone not liking Citroen GT and this Mercedes spaceship. As long as it's in the AUP I'm free to dislike whatever I want. Get over it kid.
hksracer, I was just being a cheeky bastard. You took it the wrong way because you hold a grudge against me while I only find you to be annoying in your own little way. Sorry if I annoyed you, but you're always doing that to me. So I guess it's been canceled out. haha little one sentence reply.

I don't need a wall of text, I'll just trade this fat futuristic grouper for a proper Mercedes CLK-LM premium upgrade, any day.
lol Wowww. Fat? It weighs under 1400kg. See how ignorant you are? Well, if you're acting this ignorant, I don't see you how'd be able to tell.

lol Wowww. Fat? It weighs under 1400kg. See how ignorant you are? Well, if you're acting this ignorant, I don't see you how'd be able to tell.[/quote]

Hmm fat is now assumed that all space is filled with matter other than air. So the word hallow means nothing now according to literary scientists..

Hmm fat is now assumed that all space is filled with matter other than air. So the word hallow means nothing now according to literary scientists..
Compared to a 1600-1800kg Mercedes, the AMG Concept isn't fat.The Concept isn't even 1400kg, it's in the mid-1300s, I believe.

So you're complaining about me that calling that thing "fat" but you agree with "futurstic grouper"? Ok then. :sly:
Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine. :|

Mercedes has kicked off the Vision GT project with a bang. The car is stunning and its performance numbers are incredible. They have set the bar very high and I for one am excited about the dream super cars yet to come.

Compared to a 1600-1800kg Mercedes, the AMG Concept isn't fat.The Concept isn't even 1400kg, it's in the mid-1300s, I believe.

Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine. :|

Yeah. I never meant to call the ...thingy... Fat, nor heavy. 1300 kilos is quite conservative for cars, especially. One with dimensions such as.

After seeing it drive and what not, I like it so much more and the in person model is nice especially seeing the wheels have depth to them the rendering didn't give it that much but the ending did. The front end led display/array is epic and part of what makes me love MB engineering and the cool angle changes of the rear wing. Overall glad it grew on me after a couple days and still reminds me of something batman would drive. The front end length is still a bit goofey makes me think a massive Merlin or DB 6XX sits in it not the most likely 63 AMG bi-turbo 5.5L V8.

Last edited:
So only the GT model has the massive fixed wing? It's not a particularly fetching addition to an otherwise great design, but I can live with it.

I noticed that too, maybe is a tuning option, but for now I can say it looks nice in other colors.

I've been hoping that was the case ever since the first proper in-game teaser appeared last week, since it could open up the ability to add other/remove custom parts. Hopefully nothing too ugly.

A few of the colour combinations in that video weren't too pleasant either. One that stuck out was the green and yellow combo at Goodwood, though the black and turquoise VGT did look like it drove straight off the set of TRON.

Last edited:
I've been hoping that was the case ever since the first proper in-game teaser appeared last week, since it could open up the ability to add other/remove custom parts. Hopefully nothing too ugly.

A few of the colour combinations in that video weren't too pleasant either. one that sticks out is the green and yellow combo at Goodwood, though the black and turquoise VGT did look like it drove straight off the set of TRON.

Thank you Wiegert, that's what it reminds me a ton of TRON. As if TRON and Batman blended and you get this. The other off putting color was the orange. Other than that I liked the Black and Silver.

If we have tuning it will probably be just spoilers and nothing else, apart form wheels of course. The colour combination might not be the best, but it gives us a hint that we atleast have different paintjobs and not only 1 colour, and maybe we can paint the car too so you can make your care to your taste.

Back