Motorstorm PS3 - Mega Thread

Frankly, those blur effects look very much like photo effects.

I'm really stunned by this thing. It doesn't look like a game at all, it looks like a freaking movie! 360 powah? ;)

Frankly, those blur effects look very much like photo effects.

I'm really stunned by this thing. It doesn't look like a game at all, it looks like a freaking movie! 360 powah? ;)

Hopefully the game plays as good as it looks.

Will this game be 30FPS or 60FPS?

Hopefully Motostorm will be available when the Kiosks are spreaded out next weekend, can't wait to go to Bestbuy and put my hand on the PS3:scared:

Hopefully Motostorm will be available when the Kiosks are spreaded out next weekend, can't wait to go to Bestbuy and put my hand on the PS3:scared:
Same here.

But then again, I'd have to wait in line to try it out for 10 minutes, and even still I'd have every 12-year-old punk in Maricopa County breathing down my neck, and flicking my ears. :grumpy:

This game is kind of boring with the sound turned down really low. But, it scares the crap out of you when you crank it up loud. lol

That one red and white truck sounds awesome. It gives me hope for the car sounds in GT:HD. The crashing sounds are perfect when loud; it sounds like a real collision.

Man...this game is going to rock. It's not just another racing game to play for the sake of winning a race. Its more like how you are going to survive each lap!!

That sounds like the movie trailer guy. I still have seen any evidence of an open desert type of race.

Alright! The PS3 is out and your's truly had a chance to play a demo of this game. Man, let me tell you somethin'! This shizzle is crazy! Find a PS3 stand and play this game as a demo. The first thing to note is how detailed the off-road environment is. A lot of the environment is actually deformable as well as deadly. Burnout fans can appreciate the crashes in this game. It literally seems like danger is in every corner... just waiting to bite you on the ass and own your car... or truck... or bike... or buggy. Wait... there's more than cars here? You bet! There are even some other insane vehicles to use in the retail version of Motorstorm.

If you can find a PS3 stand with Motorstorm as one of the demos, PLEASE by all means play the demo. It is wicked sick!

Is there something I'm missing, here? Because every PS3 kiosk I've tried had the same horrible framerate (<20fps) and slowdown issues when I played the Motorstorm demo, which is odd, because the game looks no better than a 360 launch title. The whole boost-vs-temperature thing is a rip from *ahem* a certain offroad-racing launch title on another system, but by comparison to that same game, the gameplay in Motorstorm is slow-paced and tedious.

Believe what you want about the game, or even about me, but I would recommend that you all try the demo, or rent the game, before plopping down your hard-earned cash for it.

Is there something I'm missing, here? Because every PS3 kiosk I've tried had the same horrible framerate (<20fps) and slowdown issues when I played the Motorstorm demo, which is odd, because the game looks no better than a 360 launch title. The whole boost-vs-temperature thing is a rip from *ahem* a certain offroad-racing launch title on another system, but by comparison to that same game, the gameplay in Motorstorm is slow-paced and tedious.

Believe what you want about the game, or even about me, but I would recommend that you all try the demo, or rent the game, before plopping down your hard-earned cash for it.

1) You're playing a demo. In fact, you're playing a build that was finalized in July. 5 months ago.

2) Please, PLEASE, find me a 360 launch title that showcased physics calculation and lighting like Motorstorm. Or even one that has as many particle effects.

3) Motorstorm showcased their temp guage long before ANYONE had played Excite Truck, or had even seen any onscreen displays, HUD's, or gameplay mechanics. Rip off...okay, maybe pull your heat out of nintendo's rear.

4) Playing in a first person camera is a significantly different experience in comparison to the 3rd person camera.

I hope this clears up some things for your "too soon to jump to conclusions and not having a problem with it" because you can afford a Wii only. The game is very fun, and runs extremely well for having 12-15 cars on screen, tons of damage, and massive amounts of particle effects / lighting / physics / etc...things no 360 or Wii launch title had...and things no Wii title will ever have, and STILL no 360 title shows.

The live demo of MotorStorm of the downloadable demo not kisok demo looks smooth as butter and unlike any other game I've seen on the system.

Why people keep giving a final verdict on the game after playing a stale demo is beyond me.

The live demo of MotorStorm of the downloadable demo not kisok demo looks smooth as butter and unlike any other game I've seen on the system.

Why people keep giving a final verdict on the game after playing a stale demo is beyond me.

Yes, the one you download is a lot better, especially when it comes to physics. In the Kiosk I notice that it's hit and miss, bounces are odd, and sometimes cars can "drive over you" if you're on a bike, but it's very different (for the better) in the downloadable version.

Latest Posts

Back