Motorstorm PS3 - Mega Thread

KENJIusa
Nice video, my first reaction when the movie came up was "holy crap!", this game looks better everytime:tup:

Don't get too excited by this video.

Here a great example of a dimilar type of video where you really see how the game look crap in reality.

Trailer 1
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9340&type=mov&pl=game
Trailer 2
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9340&type=mov&pl=game

Here the full review of that example.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10062&type=mov&pl=game

Though unlike the trailer, the game run at 60fps & the graphic are very ugly compare to the overall game out on the system.

And what the hell does BF2 on the 360 have to do with Motorstorm on the PS3? This example dosnt have anything to do with it!

Did you put this example in the wrong thread? Im stupted as to why its here, could you please explain then maybe it could be justified, im not being an ass but I just want to know why.

If by chance you mean the development of the game and by that I mean getting better everytime its shown, then this game does get better, this game is creeping closer and closer to the actual target renders show nearly a year ago.

sprite
And what the hell does BF2 on the 360 have to do with Motorstorm on the PS3? This example dosnt have anything to do with it!

Did you put this example in the wrong thread? Im stupted as to why its here, could you please explain then maybe it could be justified, im not being an ass but I just want to know why.

If by chance you mean the development of the game and by that I mean getting better everytime its shown, then this game does get better, this game is creeping closer and closer to the actual target renders show nearly a year ago.

I'm just saying that what you see are the actual in game graphic of BF2. Though Motorstorm trailer is kinda like BF2 video style with the uber camera view. Though it is slightly modded with shader & few motion, but the polygonal model with look pretty much like that. My point is Battlefield 2 on the XBOX 360 is extremely ugly & I bet motorstorm will & even GT HD will look better than that game in my opinion.

I'm still laughing at people who think this game is ugly.

Man, the people flying out of cars, off of buggies, and off of bikes is just awesome, I dig it all the way, haha.

And I'm diggin the damage at the end, looks like crumple zones have improves, and more and more pieces are being added to the cars every day.

Mr Deap
I'm just saying that what you see are the actual in game graphic of BF2. Though Motorstorm trailer is kinda like BF2 video style with the uber camera view. Though it is slightly modded with shader & few motion, but the polygonal model with look pretty much like that. My point is Battlefield 2 on the XBOX 360 is extremely ugly & I bet motorstorm will & even GT HD will look better than that game in my opinion.

Such a fan boy. There are multiple camera views in this game, two of which are shown off in this trailer.

1st person and 3rd person (the bonnet cam and the trailing cam).

You're such a fanboy sometimes...

Mr Deap

Maybe the graphics look a little better from the more cinamtic cammera angles, but thats the point, as for beefed up just for that video, I dont think so this is full in game engine, There are rumours going around now from the x-box fanboys that this is all pre-rendered, I truly feel sorry for them that they feel this way.

teambox
something's fishy here.. first of all, that video had zero framerate hiccups. there is no freakin way a game that is this far away from being shipped with all of that stuff happening had no framerate issues. that's problem #1

problem #2 is what others have mentioned about no jaggies.

problem #3 is that there were some camera animations (where the camera zooms in on the driver, or the wheel of one of the cars) that are not part of gameplay. that looked staged to me.

so my conclusion is that either this is a straight pre-render (CG) with in-game assets (which really means nothing) or it's the actual game engine with every effect under the sun turned on and video captured frame by frame so it runs smoothly but will never ship that way because the frame rate would be 3 FPS.

trust me, the final version of this game will not look like this. (having said all that, it does look good but i dont believe its indicative of the actual gameplay)

They need to stop and take a hard look at alot of the 360 games before bashing anything on the PS3 IMO.

I don't see many reasons why the game can't look like that, but seeing a race with that many cars in looks very fun.

1en0.jpg

2wf2.jpg

3wc1.jpg

4bw7.jpg

In real time look like that.

6lw0.jpg

Prerendered & real time don't play the same way into video. Notice how different it is blurred.

Poor poor Mr. Deap.

What it must be like to be in your shoes, I may never know...but I hope to never be there.

Would you please like to explain to me then, how PGR3 looks so wonderful in it's replay shots, or in every single gameplay trailer that uses extreme camera angles, yet directly reflects the quality of visuals in gameplay?

I really don't want to own you so hard as to make you look unintelligent...however if you force me to do so, I may...I don't have much to do for the next few hours.

tha_con
Poor poor Mr. Deap.

What it must be like to be in your shoes, I may never know...but I hope to never be there.

Would you please like to explain to me then, how PGR3 looks so wonderful in it's replay shots, or in every single gameplay trailer that uses extreme camera angles, yet directly reflects the quality of visuals in gameplay?

I really don't want to own you so hard as to make you look unintelligent...however if you force me to do so, I may...I don't have much to do for the next few hours.

Just don't believe me, then. The PS3 is an overrated console & computer. Like many PC & 360 players, it's no where near what you think it is.

tha_con
Poor poor Mr. Deap.

Yeah, I'm poor, so what?

LOL.

I don't mean poor financially sir.

Also, many PS3 titles already look wonderful, the fact that you either

a) cannot afford it

or

b) have some unspoken alliance with MS

Seem to be the only reasons I see that you can feel so negatively toward the PS3, considering that it hasn't:

1) Done anything negative to you

2) Caused you any hardship

3) You don't, and probably won't, own one

Why, then, might I ask, are you so intent on running around these forums saying "oh it doesn't look that good". "That's not real". "It'll look nothing like that".

It makes me feel very sad for you, as an individual, that you use so much of your time for something so useless, though humorous, when you could be doing something productive.

I personally think its underrated, from what most of media buzz is, that it wont live up to the popularity of the PS2 because of its price. Its $100 more than the 360. But they give us a system that doesnt require any expansion or add ons.

tha_con
LOL.

I don't mean poor financially sir.

Also, many PS3 titles already look wonderful, the fact that you either

a) cannot afford it

or

b) have some unspoken alliance with MS

Seem to be the only reasons I see that you can feel so negatively toward the PS3, considering that it hasn't:

1) Done anything negative to you

2) Caused you any hardship

3) You don't, and probably won't, own one

Why, then, might I ask, are you so intent on running around these forums saying "oh it doesn't look that good". "That's not real". "It'll look nothing like that".

It makes me feel very sad for you, as an individual, that you use so much of your time for something so useless, though humorous, when you could be doing something productive.

Everything I see on the PS3 provoke me, cause I don't believe all the graphic it can deliver. I also bought a piece of crap being call an xbox 360 where the gamertag are useless with all the add on it got. I'm a nerd who don't believe anything what it is done on the PS3. I'm a complete idiot who write here just to make believe that the xbox 360 is a superior machine & I kneel in front of Bill gate, blah, blah blah...

Do you feel well when I write like this?

I see you lower than everyone here in the forum. Personnaly attack people with stupid word here just because he point an opinion.

I can wait to see lick the PS3 when it will come out.

Mr Deap
Everything I see on the PS3 provoke me, cause I don't believe all the graphic it can deliver. I also bought a piece of crap being call an xbox 360 where the gamertag are useless with all the add on it got. I'm a nerd who don't believe anything what it is done on the PS3. I'm a complete idiot who write here just to make believe that the xbox 360 is a superior machine & I kneel in front of Bill gate, blah, blah blah...

Do you feel well when I write like this?

I see you lower than everyone here in the forum. Personnaly attack people with stupid word here just because he point an opinion.

I can wait to see lick the PS3 when it will come out.

Well, the more you continue to tell us all that we're idiots for believing the obvious, the more I'll continue to laugh at your reasons for thinking so.

That pretty much settles it.

LaBounti
I personally think its underrated, from what most of media buzz is, that it wont live up to the popularity of the PS2 because of its price. Its $100 more than the 360. But they give us a system that doesnt require any expansion or add ons.

Do you really need those extra?

Do you have an idea how good would be a PS3 without the Cell & the BluRay & how much the price will be lower?

Those are the reason why I don't support the PS3.

Mr Deap
Do you really need those extra?

Do you have an idea how good would be a PS3 without the Cell & the BluRay & how much the price will be lower?

Those are the reason why I don't support the PS3.

I would say yes and no. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Sony is making sure their system is doing something different than just a graphics upgrade. What logical choices do you think Sony should have done in place of say the Cell, Blu-ray, internal standard HDD, standard wireless controllers, bluetooth i/o, 1.3HDMI for the $600 system, gigabit ethernet, wi-fi for the $600 system with media card support?

And you tell me how Sony should have designed the PlayStaion 3 in your eyes to apeal to you and make it afordable.

Edit: I dont support the Wii or DS but I'm not posting in the Nintendo forum am I? Nor am I posting negative comments about the 360's in its repesctive forum.

Well Mr. Deap im sure you have your own reasons for not wanting a PS3 and they are your's and Your's only, nobody can tell you other wise, but to lash out at a game or console just because you dont like it isnt a good enough reason.

The fact of the matter is that most games Ive seen on the PS3 have been better looking than nay 2nd gen titles on the rival console, im not putting my money into PS3 solely on graphics, gameplay, ai or even physics, im putting my money into a system that will last me its whole life cycle without me having to upgrade it or spend extra cash to get the most out of the games, yes you will have the option to do this but you are pretty much forced into it with the 360 from the off.

Im purchasing the PS3 for its future proof (or hoping it will be) BLU-RAY abilities not to mention the great lineup of AAA titles coming in the future and the rest of the future proof stuff. Im always willing to forgive fellow gamers for making rash judgements because I once was like this too hating on N64 players, but I hang my head these days as I play and totally enjoy N64 games on my gamecube.

As for posting screenshots, they dont do much for this gen games on either system, since they use DOF, and Motion Blur this then makes the shots look a little too blury and poor, you have to watch the videos of the games in motion, and make your mind up then (not saying you havent watched the video).

and not supporting a system for having a top of the line CPU and future proof storage device, then this just shows you in a bad light, its like cutting off your nose to spite your face and is quite counter productive to your enjoyment and happiness by hating something for being daring and pushing the technology that has gone before it.

Myabe you will heed the words and maybe you wont, but for your sake I hope you do and see that playing both the 360, wii and also the PS3 is they way forward, you dsont see me hating on the 360 boys because i dont like the halo games or because I dont like much thats out for the 360 at the moment.

cheers.

sprite
Well Mr. Deap im sure you have your own reasons for not wanting a PS3 and they are your's and Your's only, nobody can tell you other wise, but to lash out at a game or console just because you dont like it isnt a good enough reason.

The fact of the matter is that most games Ive seen on the PS3 have been better looking than nay 2nd gen titles on the rival console, im not putting my money into PS3 solely on graphics, gameplay, ai or even physics, im putting my money into a system that will last me its whole life cycle without me having to upgrade it or spend extra cash to get the most out of the games, yes you will have the option to do this but you are pretty much forced into it with the 360 from the off.

Im purchasing the PS3 for its future proof (or hoping it will be) BLU-RAY abilities not to mention the great lineup of AAA titles coming in the future and the rest of the future proof stuff. Im always willing to forgive fellow gamers for making rash judgements because I once was like this too hating on N64 players, but I hang my head these days as I play and totally enjoy N64 games on my gamecube.

As for posting screenshots, they dont do much for this gen games on either system, since they use DOF, and Motion Blur this then makes the shots look a little too blury and poor, you have to watch the videos of the games in motion, and make your mind up then (not saying you havent watched the video).

and not supporting a system for having a top of the line CPU and future proof storage device, then this just shows you in a bad light, its like cutting off your nose to spite your face and is quite counter productive to your enjoyment and happiness by hating something for being daring and pushing the technology that has gone before it.

Myabe you will heed the words and maybe you wont, but for your sake I hope you do and see that playing both the 360, wii and also the PS3 is they way forward, you dsont see me hating on the 360 boys because i dont like the halo games or because I dont like much thats out for the 360 at the moment.

cheers.

If you want a system that really worth the money, go with the Wii, Cause cables are expensive. Both XBOX 360 & PS3 is really expensive with the extra. My XBOX 360 cables alone I bought; VGA, S-Video & Component: 120$

As for viewing video & stuff, a computer is a lot more economic when you buy a disk reader. Current graphic card support multiple screen.

You'll be surprised, but I mostly play RPG & racing games. I don't even own the first XBOX.

This is my current collection:
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana (ps2)
Dead or Alive 4 (xb360)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (xb360)
Enthusia Professional Racing (ps2)
Final Fantasy X2 (ps2)
Final Fantasy XI (ps2)
Final Fantasy XI expension: Chain of Promathia (PS2)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Final Fantasy XI (xb360)
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (xb360)
Gran Turismo 4: The Real Driving Simulator (ps2)
King of Fighters 2000/2001 (ps2)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (xb360)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (ps2)
Soul Calibur III (ps2)
TOCA Race Driver 2 (ps2)
Virtua Fighter 4 (ps2)
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (ps2)
Wild ARMs 4 (ps2)
Wild Arms: Alter Code F (ps2)
Time Crisis 2 (PS2)
Dance Dance Revolution Max (PS2)
Dance Dance Revolution Max 2 (PS2)
Ace Combat 4 (PS2)
Devil May Cry (PS2)
Halo (PC)
Far Cry (PC)
FFXI (PC)

My basic PC I use everyday in hardwares it worth more than 1000$(Can):
Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer INC. (P4P800 SE)
Chipset : Intel 865 PE
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 3.0E Cpu Fan: Zalman(CNPS770)
Physical Memory : 768 MB (DDR-SDRAM PC3200)
Video Card : Radeon X1600 Series(RV530) AGP 512 MB
PCI: MSI Theater 550 Pro(TV radio Capture)
Hard Disk : WDC WD400JB-00JJC0(40GB)
Hard Disk : WDC WD2000JB-00GVC0(200GB)
Network Card : MARVEL GBIT LAN
(CD-Rom) : HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8525B(CD-Burner)
(DVD-Rom) :SONY DVD RW DRU-800A(DVD Burner)

Though I'm not talking about the PS3 vs XBOX 360. What I'm saying is that Motorstorm will be ugly. FFXIII look awesome, but Motorstorm is just plain ugly.

LaBounti
Well, you're comparing the base (and not true) PS3 to the premium (and true) 360. True, it's $100 more, but if you compare it to the base 360, the $200 you save could be spent on a Wii.

But really, like I said in another thread, the PS3 is too expensive for a game system. However, if you're going to use the PS3 for other purposes (Blu-ray), or there are some exclusive games that you must have on it, then it's worth the money.

For me, I won't use the PS3 as a Blu-ray player, nor are there any games that I want on it that are coming out in the next few years (WOW that was a long sentence). And so, I'd rather have the Wii and the 360 for the price of the PS3. I know I'll be getting a PS3 in the future, but that's probably years off.

So, with all that stuff said, let's get back on topic.

Whats wrong with comparing the base ps3 to the primium 360? The base PS3 is better equiped than the primium 360. I'm comparing contents, not base VS base. You apprently missed the last sentence. you'll be required to buy more stuff to get any true function out of the base 360, thats why im not including it in the comparison.

360 Core $300

requires HDD to take advantage of the system Spend $100,
now get an Xbox live subscription $60.
Want HD cables add $40
Total spent $500.

Or dont buy the HDD buy the memory card $40. Now you wanna hook it up to an HDTV $40 for the cables
Total spent $380 XBL add $60.

Or skip online and HD all together because its not important and you can save even more and just have XBox1.5.

Now you've spent $440 on an XBox live market place crippled system without a HDD.
$60 difference to the Base PS3 that comes with HDD,Blu-ray, wireless controller free online service included.

How logical does it seem to compare core systems? You are right for the complete idiot(not you but the buyer) who sees it your way. They can save right way then spend more in the long run, well that was Microsofts plan in the first place. Like I said you have a system that doesn't require expansions or upgrades out of box.

From the looks of it you can use any PS2 av multi out cable. You wont need new cables if you own them alreay but its unknown if it will come with Pr Pb Y cables.

Unless I'm mistaken, the topic at the page reads, "Motorstorm PS3 (looks like the ultimate off road game!)", which I'm guessing is a game called Motorstorm that's going to be released on the PS3. So lets get back to talking about that. No mentioning of PC specs, no mentioning of the XBOX360 (or any other XBOX), no mentioning of what games you own, talk about toca in its own thread etc, etc.

Talk about Motorstorm for the PS3 please.

Daan, its just flame bait. Mr Deap set his self up for it and opinions escaladed from it.

The video is ingame, it doesnt look anywhere near the E3 2005 trailer.

Back