Muscle Car Garage - Tuner Garage Challenge Series 3.0 Entries #1 & #2

• Thread starter Adamgp
  • 208 comments
I reiterate, please test the car before making suggestions on how to change the setup. Or better yet, build one on your own and set it up any way you like.

Yes the springs are soft, but the shocks are pretty stiff. The setup works for me.

I apologize if I may seem a bit mean, I'm not exactly sober right now.

Dodge Charger 440 R/T ‘70
IMG0123.jpg

1369kg
633hp
909ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Chip
Supercharger
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Race Suspension
Triple Plate Clutch
FC Transmission
Race Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Weight Reduction 3
S3 Tires
Rigidity Rrefresh (if needed)
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.5 / 4.5
Ride Height: 105 / 105
Bound: 8 / 5
Rebound: 8 / 5
Camber: 1.5 / 0.5
Toe: 0 / 0
Stabilizers: 1 / 1

Brake Controller
Brakes: 7 / 24

Transmission

Note: First, reset the trans settings to default, set the Auto setting second, and set the individual gear ratios last.

Gear Ratios
1st: 1.778
2nd: 1.196
3rd: 0.960
4th: 0.773
5th: 0.620
6th: 0.507
Final Gear: 4.300

Autoset: 20

Downforce: None

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

LSD
Initial: 25
Acceleration: 50
Deceleration: 5

A fun car to drive and pretty good handling for such a large car. Lots of power and torque so throttle control is needed. The Duke Boys would be proud.

Last edited:
Plymouth Superbird ‘70
IMG0124.jpg

1456kg
634hp
692ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Chip
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port and Polish
Engine Balancing
Race Suspension
Triple Plate Clutch
FC Transmission
Race Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Weight Reduction 3
S3 Tires
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 111 / 111
Bound: 9 / 2
Rebound: 9 / 2
Camber: 1.5 / 1.0
Stabilizers: 1 / 7

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 24

Transmission

Note: First, reset the trans settings to default, set the Auto setting second, and set the individual gear ratios last.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.394
2nd: 1.678
3rd: 1.197
4th: 0.948
5th: 0.752
6th: 0.652
Final Gear: 3.230

Autoset: 18

Driving Aids

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 40

Last edited:
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 HEMI ‘71
IMG0122.jpg

1528kg
705hp
726ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Chip
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port and Polish
Engine Balancing
Race Suspension
Triple Plate Clutch
FC Transmission
Race Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Weight Reduction 3
Rollcage
S3 Tires
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 6.0
Ride Height: 110 / 110
Bound: 8 / 3
Rebound: 8 / 3
Camber: 1.5 / 0.5
Stabilizers: 1 / 1

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 24

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.343
2nd: 1.543
3rd: 1.188
4th: 0.943
5th: 0.776
6th: 0.629
Final Gear: 3.550

Autoset: 22

Driving Aids

LSD
Acceleration: 45

This is a rare car indeed. Plymouth only made 22 Hemi Super Bees in '71, and only 9 of them were 4 speeds.

Last edited:
Ghengis Grape
Plymouth ‘Cuda 440 Six Pack ‘71
IMG0125.jpg

1308kg
740hp
838ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Chip
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port and Polish
Engine Balancing
Race Suspension
Triple Plate Clutch
FC Transmission
Race Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Weight Reduction 3
S3 Tires
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 5.5 / 5.5
Ride Height: 109 / 109
Bound: 9 / 2
Rebound: 9 / 2
Camber: 1.5 / 1.5
Stabilizers: 1 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 24

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.126
2nd: 1.393
3rd: 1.054
4th: 0.826
5th: 0.665
6th: 0.557
Final Gear: 4.560

Autoset: 25

Driving Aids

LSD
Acceleration: 40

1971 was the beginning of the end of the muscle car era. Gas prices were rising fast and insurance companies were cracking down on high horsepower muscle cars. Luckily the Chrysler Corp. didn’t get the memo right away and continued producing cars like the '71 'Cuda 440.

Last edited:
hey adamgp...to make it easier to find what cars you have tuned instead of searching your thread...could you make a title page with your tuned cars...:cheers:

dimplz...

check out the leading garages...they all have them:sly:

hey adamgp...to make it easier to find what cars you have tuned instead of searching your thread...could you make a title page with your tuned cars...:cheers:

dimplz...

check out the leading garages...they all have them:sly:

I thought about creating links to the cars, but I'm wondering if I should go through the effort. There appears to be little interest in my garage, lots of viewings but very few reviews. I'm debating closing it down unless some interest is shown.

If I do decide to create the links, it probably won't happen this week. My computer access is limited due to workers in my house.

I thought about creating links to the cars, but I'm wondering if I should go through the effort. There appears to be little interest in my garage, lots of viewings but very few reviews. I'm debating closing it down unless some interest is shown.

If I do decide to create the links, it probably won't happen this week. My computer access is limited due to workers in my house.

Dude atleast you got some review's? I've got nothing just people looking. I'm not going to bring my garage down. Start spot racing the big boy's. And I'm almost done with my sho, It hasn't been the best of tunes.

Adamgp please dont shut down your garage just put links to your cars. I print alot of cars from differant garages then when I have time I drive them.

Dude atleast you got some review's? I've got nothing just people looking. I'm not going to bring my garage down. Start spot racing the big boy's. And I'm almost done with my sho, It hasn't been the best of tunes.

Your probably right. As soon as my house gets back in order and I have time for GT4 again I'll start doing some spot racing. I wasn't going to shut it down right away, I would've kept it going atleast till TCV4.

My sho is almost done also, but I don't know when I'll have time to finish it.

Your probably right. As soon as my house gets back in order and I have time for GT4 again I'll start doing some spot racing. I wasn't going to shut it down right away, I would've kept it going atleast till TCV4.

My sho is almost done also, but I don't know when I'll have time to finish it.

no worry man I've had to use R5 tires. too much wheel spin,but it's fun trying to make it in control

im and old school person muscle cars rule!!!!!!!! i owned a 69 super bee 440 six pack slapstick shifter the whole meal deal damn divorces oh well im going to try your cuda 440 out then your 440 charger please dont close

Adamgp i,m turning a 1:47 lap at seattle on n3s thanks for the trip back in time... when cars were cars very enjoyable to drive a muscle car again dont close your garage lots of excellent cars people need to remember and drive thanks you made me feel youg again lol

Adamgp i,m turning a 1:47 lap at seattle on n3s thanks for the trip back in time... when cars were cars very enjoyable to drive a muscle car again dont close your garage lots of excellent cars people need to remember and drive thanks you made me feel youg again lol

Thanks for trying my cars!

I've decided not to shut this place down, in fact this place is expanding. There is now a 2nd member of the team and we should have more cars up later in the week.

well i just got done trying your charger r/t it was a littkle underpowered but thats ok .. i,m still turning laps at seattle on n3s mind you in the high 1:40s and 1:50s i can hear the rumble of the dual exhaust two 4s kicking in and not being able to raise up to touch the dash...thanks and congrats on expanding keep up the good work

Underpowered eh? I may go back and fix that when I get access to my ps2 again. I think a port & polish and engine balancing should be good for another 30-40hp or so. I avoided putting exhaust parts on alot of these old cars because in most cases it makes a big block V8 sound like a Honda VTEC.

Also, I tuned it using S3 tires, but it sounds like your making it work on N3's. Thats pretty cool.

adamgp i,ll go and try the port and polish and balance it then try it out . yeah i know what you mean a 440 vtec i dont think so lol i,ll try s3s and see what happens. oh by the way i took your charger to the extreme events and on one of them i got a 3rd place finish[ thanks to a little drafting] you found my weakness mopars rule thanks

Hey guys, i'm the new member of the garage, wanted to stop in the shop and see whats up.

i'm hoping to post my first tune tonight, i'll give you a tease, it's from japan, it has four digit horsepower, and it runs on s3's ;)

See you all later, i hope you like my first tune! good day.

well i kicked up the hp holy cow batman lol i tried the stage 3 n/a port &poliah and balance .... to much well back to where you had it just right. dont handle at all for me anyway even on r5s . Welcome to your new partner in your garage can,t wait to try his first setup but dont for get the old schoolers out there .... in your setups thanks and congrats on sticking around 👍👍:cheers:

IMG0002.jpg

Meteor

NSX-R Prototype LeMans Road Car
(Obtained in the Motegi 8hr endurance race)

Buy These Parts:
Oil Change
Brake Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
FC LSD
Rollcage
S3 Tires
Stage 4 turbo
Nitrous system

Suspension:
Spring Rate: 13.5 / 17.0
Ride Height: 62/65
Bound: 6/8
Rebound: 9/10
Camber: 3.2/3.5
Toe: 0 /-1
Stabilizers: 4 / 3

Brake Controller:
Brakes: 12 / 6

Transmission:

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.423
2nd: 2.185
3rd: 1.570
4th: 1.200
5th: 0.960
6th: 0.839
Final Gear: 4.150

Autoset: 25

Downforce: 25/35

Driving Aids

LSD
Initial: 28
Acceleration: 34
Deceleration: 50

Nitrous:
set to 40 hp.

Inspired by the ultra highspeed highway battles of Wangan Midnight, I give yout the Meteor. A widebody NSX-R with 1005 Hp and a 250 mph top speed.I sacrificed alot of functionality in this car for brute acceleration and the rush of 250 mph.i tried to strike a balance between acceleration and max speed with this car, not many will out accelerate it on s3's but it's top speed suffered for it. It has been tuned mainly on the highspeed ring, making a typically dull course a challenge and pulling in a 1'04.002 lap time. This car is not a tire shredder. it has very controllable tire spin in 1st and handy power over going slow in 2nd(use it to your advantage in the s-curve's on the ring). The most challenging thing in this cars abilities is the braking. The brakes have been set very high so at high speeds you will need to be gentle. There is also braking drift which is intentional, be prepared for it, don't say i didn't warn you, though i have worked at those settings to make it controllable, and it is intended to be there, use it, it's a tool. Nitrous will induce spin under 4th gear, but it is integral to the cars abilities. Like i said before this is a highspeed car, take it to highspeed courses, no tsukuba's.

I Hope you have fun with Meteor, expect a lower powered re-tune soon to showcase the cars true strengths and make it happier on the other tracks of GT.
Enjoy;)

I resized itin photobucket so i have no idea why the picture is so huge, in properties it says its 167 kb, so i don't think it's a problem.. let me know via pm if i need to change it.

pickie825491 Glad you like it. Something I found odd about the group of Mopars I made, the 2 less powerful cars ('70 Charger & '71 Super Bee) seem harder to drive then the more powerful '70 Superbird and '71 'Cuda.

I have access to both a computer and my ps2 again, so I'll start making cars again. The selection of muscle cars is limited in GT4 but I still have to do a Chevelle, Camaros, and all Corvettes, plus others.

*HELLKITE* Glad you got your first car up, I'll have to give it a try. I'll also have to start giving my cars nicknames.

i look forward to trying the meteor sounds like fun thats a lot of hp for such a small pkg isn,t it,but we shall see..s3s i dont think so maybe some r4s or 5s for a time attack any way a couple of quick laps thanks i,m looking 4ward to your chevel and vette setups ....let ya know what happens

I went back and added a Port & Polish and Engine Balancing to my '70 Charger. Pulls a bit stronger now with the extra 32hp. Can't believe I didn't add those before. Updated the setup sheet too.

Also, I created links to the cars (or atleast the page where the car is located on) and put them in post #1

good work boss! ;)

try meteor on the s3's, the only time it feels out of control is when you get too hard on the brakes, at the highspeed ring they make the car faster (assuming you can handle braking drift, if not this car is not for you.) at other courses the brakes need getting used to, if you turn while braking and trying to decelerate quickly you WILL spin. you need to decide before braking whether you are going to slide the car or straightline brake it.

like i said i will be re tuning the car at a lower hp to make it more friendly and useable, the 1005 hp version was just for fun and never meant as a serious car, it performed better then expected.

I sold my NSX LM Road Car some time ago so I B-Spec'd the Motegi Enduro overnight. (Used a mildly modded Z06, and even B-Spec Bozo managed to win by 22 laps)

I'll build it and give it a try, hopefully today.

I've also started working building a car to counter it, also 1000+hp, S3 Tires, and tuned at High Speed Ring. Watch for it in the not to distant future.;)

i love it, hint at the brand boss?? i smell a viper, best of luck on that one.

I'm working on my second wangan car, but my attempts at tuning the AWD RUF have been, dissapointing, thing is a turd on s3's at this power level and the options you're given to work with are very limited. I'm bored with skyline's so a nur is out of the question, though a max power R32/3 could be fun and a lil off beat. I have two others in mind but till the boss releases his i'm not going to start, i don't want to double tune the same car he does.

In anycase, has anyone tried meteor yet? the lower powered serious tune may be the next one to arrive as its nearly complete anyways.

I'll start reviewing some of these cars tomorrow and get some write-ups done on them. expect to hear from me on at least 2 cars, maybe more.

EDIT: Just drove the Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO. Oh boy, it handled just like I thought it would, absolutely perfect. I'm not sure what could be done to make it astounding. But lets just say it put down 1'23" on highspeed ring which is pretty fast, for an old time muscle car. The acceleration could be a bit improved, I noticed that you set the gearing to where it wouldn't spin too easily off the line. Kudos for that. All in all, I'd say. 9/10 Improvements could be made, I'm just not sure where.

I'll review the second car in another post tomorrow, it'll be the Plymouth Superbird, which I can already say is quite super in the tuned setup.

i love it, hint at the brand boss?? i smell a viper, best of luck on that one.

I'm working on my second wangan car, but my attempts at tuning the AWD RUF have been, dissapointing, thing is a turd on s3's at this power level and the options you're given to work with are very limited. I'm bored with skyline's so a nur is out of the question, though a max power R32/3 could be fun and a lil off beat. I have two others in mind but till the boss releases his i'm not going to start, i don't want to double tune the same car he does.

In anycase, has anyone tried meteor yet? the lower powered serious tune may be the next one to arrive as its nearly complete anyways.

It's an SRT-10 Viper, 1032hp. I have built your Meteor to run a comparison between the two and they seem eerily similar. Runs similar times around the High Speed Ring. Like your Meteor, I'll make a less powerful version for other tracks.

I have started a new job this week so I won't have time to release the car until the weekend. I'll write a review of meteor if I got time too.

I'll start reviewing some of these cars tomorrow and get some write-ups done on them. expect to hear from me on at least 2 cars, maybe more.

EDIT: Just drove the Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO. Oh boy, it handled just like I thought it would, absolutely perfect. I'm not sure what could be done to make it astounding. But lets just say it put down 1'23" on highspeed ring which is pretty fast, for an old time muscle car. The acceleration could be a bit improved, I noticed that you set the gearing to where it wouldn't spin too easily off the line. Kudos for that. All in all, I'd say. 9/10 Improvements could be made, I'm just not sure where.

I'll review the second car in another post tomorrow, it'll be the Plymouth Superbird, which I can already say is quite super in the tuned setup.

Thanks for the review. 👍 That GTO was fun to tune. I look forward to your others.

No problem, I would have reviewed it last night but my eyes were tired from looking at the screen all day. Currently I'm in school right now, but I should be home in 4 hours, at which point I will drive the Superbird again and write the review shortly afterwards. Also I'll probably do another review on a car, don't know which one, but I'll pick one.
P.S. Can't wait for that SRT-10 Viper, sounds like lots of fun.

Back