Muscle Car Garage - Tuner Garage Challenge Series 3.0 Entries #1 & #2

• Thread starter Adamgp
  • 208 comments
hey adamgp .thanks 4 the independence day cars. their a real kick to drive ,lots of power ,great handleing, i,ll give you a 9/10 on these cars.keep up the good work 👍👍:)

Been very busy lately, so no new cars to release yet.

I did finally figure out how to make links to the setups for all my cars in post #1.

Also I revisited a few of my older cars and made changes to the setups. New setups are now posted for:

Ford Mustang GT '05
Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
Ford Mustang Cobra R '00
Plymouth 'Cuda 440 Six-pack '71

I just found my testing notes for the Warthog (Jensen Interceptor)

This car is great to take around most corners but every now and then will come up with a surprising amount of oversteer that tended to leave me in the sand. The acceleration on this car is awesome compared to its bhp and weight, and relatively controllable.

My other comments were quite brief: drunk = bad; slightly drunk = much more comfortable and,
fantastic effort for such a mongrel of a car.
This tune is a bit difficult but heaps better than I have managed for the 'ceptor. Nice job.

Last edited:
Wow, I don't visit the forum for a while and come back to find there is interest in this place after all. I've been busy with work and other stuff, plus I've been taking a break from tuning to A-spec an enduro at The Capitan.

Thanks for the review.

The Warthog was a fun one to tune. One thing I noticed about the car is that on "S" turns or when changing direction quickly the back end has a kind pendulum effect. This may be the oversteer you encountered.

You mentioned the tune is a bit difficult, and I did that on purpose. You'll find pretty much all my cars to be like that.

To me a car is no fun if it doesn't take some effort/skill to drive it.

Red Rock
Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept '02
IMG0141.jpg

1882kg
725hp
705ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
Racing Chip
Sports Exhaust
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Race Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Weight Reduction 3
S3 Tires
Rollcage
Rigidity Rrefresh (if needed)
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 5.0
Ride Height: 105 / 105
Bound: 9 / 5
Rebound: 9 / 5
Camber: 1.5 / 0.5
Toe: 0 / 0
Stabilizers: 1 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 2 / 18

Transmission
Note: First, reset the trans settings to default, set the Auto setting second, and set the individual gear ratios last.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.048
2nd: 1.975
3rd: 1.525
4th: 1.212
5th: 0.971
6th: 0.782
Final Gear: 3.070

Autoset: 25

Downforce: None

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 60
Deceleration: 5

The third installment of my pickemup truck series is the Chevy Silverado SST. This truck has been tuned differently than others in my garage. Usually I do my tuning on original circuits, but this truck was tuned and tweaked at City and World Circuits.

Its got plenty of power and acceleration, and is about as nimble as can be for a extended cab pickup weighing close to 1900kg.

Last edited:
Spork
SPOON Civic Type R (EK) '00
IMG0142.jpg

820kg
312hp
163ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Race Flywheel
Weight Reduction 3
S3 Tires
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 12.5 / 9.0
Ride Height: 89 / 89
Bound: 8 / 8
Rebound: 8 / 8
Camber: 1.5 / 2.5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 5

Transmission
Note: First, reset the trans settings to default, set the Auto setting second, and set the individual gear ratios last.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.331
2nd: 2.230
3rd: 1.621
4th: 1.305
5th: 1.108
6th: 0.937
Final Gear: 3.730

Autoset: 19

Driving Aids

LSD
Initial:
Acceleration:
Deceleration:

I started tuning this one a while ago as an attempt to get interest in the garage, as the Spoon Civic seemed like a popular car on this forum at the time. This car was forgotten as I moved on to tuning other cars and got caught up in doing other things in life.

So after about 3 years of playing GT4, I finally bought a Spoon Civic. After making a few laps with it in stock form, I was rather unimpressed. So I set about tuning it and transforming this egg beater into a decent track car.

This is my first FF car, and have to admit this one is fun to drive, even of it is the slowest by far in my garage.

Last edited:
Red Rock review

handling: the truck was well sorted out, however it turned alittle wide. It was me that was doing it lol I like it, I just wasn't hit it right. the stance was great too. Everything is well put together. I felt it would corner just a little bit better if there was some camber in there

LSD: lsd was a great, well worked and don't think there was a big problem there. And if there was the brakes help out

trans: Alot of improvement we in to the unit here, I loved blazing off drift's in 2nd gear too. if you were easy you wouldn't get any wheel spin. The gears were sorted and very easy to work with too.

brakes: saved me in a big way too

overall: The truck was just a beast, fast and fun for a truck, Clicking off fast time too. Just didn't like tight tracks

8.5/10 great work Adam:tup:

Thanks for the review! 👍 Glad you liked it. :)

I'll admit it can be a bit clumsy on the tighter turns. That is to be expected from a long wheelbase, nearly 1900kg truck with a high center of gravity.

agreed that's why I didn't put to much into that part. sorry It took that long as I wanted to drive the heck out of the truck. Makes for a better review:tup: I just happen to want to drive that Corba R to is that the one from the spot race a few months back?

agreed that's why I didn't put to much into that part. sorry It took that long as I wanted to drive the heck out of the truck. Makes for a better review:tup: I just happen to want to drive that Corba R to is that the one from the spot race a few months back?

Well, yes and no. Same suspension setup, but took off the wing and the race exhaust so it doesn't sound like a flatulent bumble bee.

I'm regaining interest in GT4 again. I think I'll pop it in again and try a couple of your cars. I like your Mustang in TCV4 btw. 👍

Well, yes and no. Same suspension setup, but took off the wing and the race exhaust so it doesn't sound like a flatulent bumble bee.

I'm regaining interest in GT4 again. I think I'll pop it in again and try a couple of your cars. I like your Mustang in TCV4 btw. 👍

right on man. I that would be great, and thanks for the love of the stang, I threw that together when ford going in to a new racing program. 👍

Thanks to a recent merger/alliance with Shogun Motorsports I have regained interest in tuning and was going to revive this garage tonight, although I got side tracked by a broken VCR.

I'll post a couple setups tomorrow before the Super Bowl. A couple of Aussie powerhouses.

FPV GT ‘04
IMG0150.jpg

1514kg
658hp
598ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
NA Tuning Stage 3
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Race Flywheel
Weight Reduction 3
S3 Tires
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 6.5
Bound: 8 / 3
Rebound: 8 / 3
Camber: 1.5 / 1.5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 24

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.617
2nd: 1.812
3rd: 1.407
4th: 1.123
5th: 0.912
6th: 0.747
Final Gear: 3.460

Autoset: 16

Driving Aids

LSD
Acceleration: 40

Last edited:
Holden Commodore SS '04
IMG0149.jpg

1376kg
575hp
572ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Race Flywheel
Weight Reduction 3
S3 Tires
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 6.0
Bound: 2 / 8
Rebound: 2 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Stabilizers: 1 / 5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 18

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.480
2nd: 1.660
3rd: 1.295
4th: 1.024
5th: 0.831
6th: 0.697
Final Gear: 3.460

Driving Aids

LSD

Last edited:
Holden Monaro CV8 '04
IMG0148.jpg

1376kg
576hp
571ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
Sports Exhaust
NA Tuning Stage 2
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Race Flywheel
Weight Reduction 3
S3 Tires
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 3.6 / 8.0
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 9 / 6
Rebound: 9 / 6
Camber: 1.5 / 0.5

Brake Controller
Brakes: 3 / 15

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.613
2nd: 1.885
3rd: 1.436
4th: 1.153
5th: 0.947
6th: 0.781
Final Gear: 3.270

Autoset: 15

Driving Aids

LSD

Last edited:
FPV F6 Typhoon '04
IMG0147.jpg

1474kg
623hp
597ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
Sports Exhaust
Stage 3 Turbo
RC Intercooler
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Race Flywheel
Weight Reduction 3
S3 Tires
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 4.0 / 9.0
Bound: 7 / 4
Rebound: 7 / 4
Stabilizers: 1 / 7

Brake Controller
Brakes: 4 / 24

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.668
2nd: 1.871
3rd: 1.426
4th: 1.137
5th: 0.905
6th: 0.739
Final Gear: 3.450

Driving Aids

LSD

Last edited:
Great looking cars mate. I've never tried any of the cars before, can you recommend one? I don't care re Ford/Holden nor brilliant lap times, just want a good one to drive.

Look, sorry to tell you, but your diff bushes, lower front ball joints, bonnet cable, fuse box, seat trims are all rooted on your Falcons.:sly:
Good to see some more Aussie muscle out there, I can't wait to get VE Commodores and FG Falcons in a game. I have driven an FG and it just takes a leak on the previous Falcons in every way possible.
Your GT has the most power, which ended up being fastest for you?

PF- probably the best one to start with is the Holden Commodore. It seems to be the easiest to drive right now.

I will be revisiting all 4 of them as I had to cut testing short because I busted open my hand Sunday morning while doing some work on the Grand Prix. I just wanted to get this place going again.

Paulie- The fastest is the GT. All four of the Aussie cars I tuned at GVS, but will do fine at places like Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, El Capitan, etc.

Looks good adam, I will test some out or send the rookie over to do it to. Are you joining the spot race I'm working on? Good to see this place up and running again:tup:

Yes Very good Adam I tested some cars awhile back before being a member here I remember that I tested the P15 Good car but I remember that it had a typo in some gears. I got thousands of wheels for that car but never found the same wheels.When I sold the car a few days later the wheels that you got a appeared!:ouch: I also try the Carmaro SS and it was good and the Mitsubishi GT very good car but I didn't get the right HP I got 493 but it had to be 490 I think.

I tested the Holden SSand the Ford FPV GT (both standard) around Nordscheife,Grand Valley,Deep Forest, Trial Mountain and Suzuka West. All the times on each track where within hundreths of each other. I ended up doing this with many competing brands, and their performance results was amazingly close. Great to have ghost that is faster than the car your driving insome parts and even better when your pulling away from the ghost.

Thanks everyone!

Shoman - I'll check out your spot race challenge tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

SVX - Thanks for testing my cars. I'll review the gearing on the Mustang to make sure it's correct. The wheels on the Mustang are Magnum 500's, they come in brushed or polished finish. Not sure when they show up in GT Auto but I'll see if I can find the link to the guide that tells what weeks each wheel is available.

Not sure why you ended up with a different power number, could have something to do with the difference in game versions from country to country.

RUF CTR2 '96
IMG0145.jpg

1380kg
548hp
531ft/lbs

Buy These Parts
Oil Change
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
FC LSD
S3 Tires
Rims (if wanted)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 14.5 / 7.2
Ride Height: 90 / 105
Bound: 9 / 1
Rebound: 9 / 1
Stabilizers: 1 / 1

Brake Controller
Brakes: 14 / 24

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.738
2nd: 1.957
3rd: 1.432
4th: 1.087
5th: 0.856
6th: 0.735
Final Gear: 3.444

Autoset: 13

Driving Aids

LSD F / R
Initial: 5 / 5
Acceleration: 5 / 5
Deceleration: 5 / 27

Since TCV4 is coming to a close, I will put out my reworked entry from TCV4. Actually, I started fresh since I liked the setup I entered in TCV4, even if the judges hated it. I promised that the setup would be reworked and this car would return for TCV5.

While this car may be "easier" to drive, it is much like say a Shelby Cobra 427 in that it is not for everyone. Anyone is welcome to try it but it probably not a car for novice drivers.

Last edited:
It looks like it wants to eat tires with even more of an appetite, just looking at that much toe. And trust me, I know all about that, go look back at my VTC entries, they handled but ate tires.

Back