Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
Ah, the time people have available when you don't have children. Enjoy the racing; may it be fast and clean!

I don't have the Nissan 370z Tuned car (GT Academy Version) '08, anyone here who would like to send it to me? :)

I'll send you a dupe next time I'm on the ps3.

Fanatec surgery went well and the patient is in recovery.

- Pulled some barely used face button switches off my old rim board.
- Pulled off the dead downshift and (probably) almost dead upshift (no idea why down always goes first). Was a bit of a PITA on that step... every face button has the switches soldered on the back of the post only, but the shift switches are soldered on the back at the post AND they put a gob on the front at each corner. Was a mad pain to clean the front bits and pull the switches. >:E
- Cleaned the holes from the shift switches of old flux
- Cleaned the posts of the donor switches
- Transplanted the donor switches and soldered them on at the back post.

Just farting around with trying to flash on the new firmware while I had it hooked to the PC for button testing. But everything works at least. :sly:

Don't ever let hungry cats in your room while you race... They may want to jump on you in the hardest braking zone on a track....

Still fun racing apart from that one tonight :D! Very enjoyable and I'm actually rather quick at my bogey track cape ring!! Success 👍

I forgot how much better I am on weekends in the mornings versus weekdays after work.....

I actually won some races :)

Fun stuff as always. Except for that last race at Trial where I got completely smashed in the rear lol.

Don't ever let hungry cats in your room while you race... They may want to jump on you in the hardest braking zone on a track....

Still fun racing apart from that one tonight :D! Very enjoyable and I'm actually rather quick at my bogey track cape ring!! Success 👍

Haha Tidgney! I was very surprised when a yellow missile came and Grosjean'ed everybody! :lol:

A shame I couldn't find any pace tonight, went testing my kart earlier today, did 130 laps 👍

Haha Tidgney! I was very surprised when a yellow missile came and Grosjean'ed everybody! :lol:

A shame I couldn't find any pace tonight, went testing my kart earlier today, did 130 laps 👍

Great stuff :)! Good job I didn't go today, one of the guineas suddenly had no water, still can't work out why, was doing it's noise like a crazy person!

Ye the cat caused a grosjean, talk about ultimate distraction test, and i failed it! But when something literally jumps on you when your focused on a screen rather jumpy indeed! Kinda glad cats won't be at the finals haha!

Fun few races tonight, a bit slower for me than usual, can blame that on packed-weekend-tiredness I think..

Apologies for any lag, such is the fun of living in the middle of nowhere with an awful connection.. :)

yay! firmware flash utility bricked my wheel... So now I'm totally effed!
That's what I get for not leaving well-enough alone. :/

Good thing USA final isn't for a while yet. Though I can't afford a temporary until payday Friday anyway so I'm out another week of practice while I deal with support; unless I get really ambitious and move some switches back over to my backup rim-board... but then I have to deal with de-soldering those PITA shift switches again. >:E

uhm...need one aswell :)

only allowed one gift per day. someone else will have to get you... like Flip after I send it to him he can dupe it to you. This works best in a chain.

yay! firmware flash utility bricked my wheel... So now I'm totally effed!
That's what I get for not leaving well-enough alone. :/

Good thing USA final isn't for a while yet. Though I can't afford a temporary until payday Friday anyway so I'm out another week of practice while I deal with support; unless I get really ambitious and move some switches back over to my backup rim-board... but then I have to deal with de-soldering those PITA shift switches again. >:E

Good time to buy a T500 RS on Amazon!

Come on bro, please buy one bro.

Back