Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
raced NASCAR whole day on iRacing
coming online now, lets see how fast i can adapt and get maximum pace

thats what this practice is about, isnt it? :D

Spent this morning getting some practice in. Course had some really tricky apex's :sly:

IMG_20130803_121423_zps5bf97ce4.jpg

Last edited:
Can you add me as well Wardez? Haven't played GT in a while and wouldn't mind getting in on some fine action :)

Congrats to those who made the finals btw! About time you got your shot

Last edited:
Can you add me as well Wardez? Haven't played GT in a while and wouldn't getting in on some fine action :)

Congrats to those who made the finals btw! About time you got your shot

Alllllllllright! Yesterday, I came close to drop you a message to invite you but I figured you are well aware that we are racing! 👍

Guys, we will only be able to battle for the lead for as long as Brock gets up to speed lol. After that? Well it'll be a battle for the best of the rest :D

TA is alive! Someone to beat Etienne finally!

I'll see what I can do about that pesky Canadian :lol:

Alllllllllright! Yesterday, I came close to drop you a message to invite you but I figured you are well aware that we are racing! 👍

Yea I've been lurking for a while now bro :dopey:

Guys, we will only be able to battle for the lead for as long as Brock gets up to speed lol. After that? Well it'll be a battle for the best of the rest :D

lol We shall see. I definitely have some rust to attack before I can battle for the win. Should be fun to train and race with you guys once again 👍

Spent this morning getting some practice in. Course had some really tricky apex's :sly:

IMG_20130803_121423_zps5bf97ce4.jpg
A little too much rotation heading toward the apex. Maybe move your entry point up a few feet and you should clear that trunk without having to play with the throttle on exit.

:sly:
lol We shall see. I definitely have some rust to attack before I can battle for the win. Should be fun to train and race with you guys once again 👍
Eh, you'll be up to speed in three races, max. 👍

Hey guys. I'm gonna be at camp for the week and won't be able to check GTP or race until Friday. Have fun this week! :)

Here's a race from last night, absolutely crazy race :D! Was very fun, I'd watch till the end as I know it settles down a little bit, but do keep watching ;)!

Another thing as well I mentioned this to Eddie as well with regards to these races.

I know there's a lot of competition at these and it's awesome to see but in a few races I've seen sometimes people are very very overly keen to get ahead, and then alot of apologies afterwards, love kisses are expected but some dive bombs have been rather crazy sometimes :P! In my view people should be properly racing as if it was a national, I know love kisses do happen and they expect that at the final but crazy dive bombs are frowned upon. I know at the UK nationals boundaries was even more of a concern from what I remember and I saw a few last year get the first flag for a warning for it, so do watch out for 4 wheels over the white line :)! I know people are just racing hard but just something to keep in mind :)!

Still some quality racing though and great to see and be apart of 👍.

P.S. Who said 3 into 1 doesn't go when you have a quality field :D?

Man, awesome video Martin. Rome's always a fun race 👍

Big copy to your words regarding racecraft there.

I had a suggestion for you guys: if the rooms ever get filled up past 10 people and the racing quality takes a dive I think we should start breaking up races into groups of four, racing one at a time, divided up by qualifying times. It'll be a slightly lengthier process, but would be worth it since we'd allow everyone breathing room to focus on racing hard but fair, not having to worry so much about defending. It's all about training for Nationals!

Thoughts?

Man, awesome video Martin. Rome's always a fun race 👍

Big copy to your words regarding racecraft there.

I had a suggestion for you guys: if the rooms ever get filled up past 10 people and the racing quality takes a dive I think we should start breaking up races into groups of four, racing one at a time, divided up by qualifying times. It'll be a slightly lengthier process, but would be worth it since we'd allow everyone breathing room to focus on racing hard but fair, not having to worry so much about defending. It's all about training for Nationals!

Thoughts?

I think its a good idea because at nationals you will only be racing in groups of 4, as long as it is like last year.

Last night we were racing at 10-11 people for some races and I don't recall those races being less clean. IMO people need to be patient! If someone manages to race clean in a group of 10 people, it means they will also be in a group of 4.

Yea I think bigger fields are more fun.....

I only have so much time to hang with you guys and id rather not only get to race one out of 3 times

I haven't seen anything bad in a week. Sure people are agrresive and mistakes happen, but nobody can be perfect pushing as hard as we are. One major crash total between 14 drivers over the course of 5 laps is on par with any real life racing series including F1 and other strictly regulated series'.

*edit*
I am not supporting ones right to divebomb; I HATE divebombers. I hate getting pushed deep into the braking zone. There is nothing worse than somebody on the inside pushing you off.

I'm just saying we don't need to ruin our fun because of a few mistakes that might have happened.

Last edited:
iamsupernasty
I will be on for several hours starting here as soon as I finish breakfast. Anyone getting on soon?

I would but the IndyCar race is on here in a bit. I'll be on later this afternoon/tonight

Yeah, I agree that the races typically don't get dirtier much more at all when there's around 10 drivers at a time. What I'm saying is that if it ever comes down to it, and things are just getting heated, then everyone should take a "break" by doing one track as I said, by splitting it into groups of 4.

After that, go to the next track, and go on as usual.

It should be done regardless every once in a while for practice, since it'll be 4 drivers per race @ Nationals like Mike pointed out.

So yeah, no way I want it to be some sort of time sink, not what I'm intending. It's a relegating move.

Back