Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
It was fun racing with you guys, I need to work a bit more with that car but. Was good to have a bit of a challenge for a change, I was surprised at first that my Internet held out on me. Hope to race again soon, bit hard to line up the time zones.

Buy my G27 so I can buy a TS500 :)

*edit*

Nobody has stock on the Thrustmaster wtf!

Yeah, just noticed that.

There's a very rich Finalist somewhere out there that bought out all stock. Proper work.

I would like to join you guys. Anyone online now? Need some practice done before nationals :P

My psn is ghoztmazta

Nothing on Ebay that will ship before September, except one Japanese guy who wants $900 :(

I'm not sure why you'd even want to pay the $500 MSRP ... but if you want one and someone's got one, contact them direct and pay the man for rushed shipping. It's apparently a sellers market out there.

I posted yesterday asking if I could be added, I've checked my inbox and nothing is here :-(. I can only assume I'm too fast ;-)?

I'm not sure why you'd even want to pay the $500 MSRP ... but if you want one and someone's got one, contact them direct and pay the man for rushed shipping. It's apparently a sellers market out there.

Simple :)

Getting to New York only to get eliminated would be a major bummer. Any advantage I can get towards the next round is worth $500 easy.

Simple :)

Getting to New York only to get eliminated would be a major bummer. Any advantage I can get towards the next round is worth $500 easy.

Well, then go make it rain. Find someone who's got one and throw money at it. :P

Personally I've never had a problem adjusting to new equipment, be it an arrive-and-drive karting, auto-x in a foreign car, video-arcade sim-racing... whatever. It's all the same... steering wheel turns, pedals go and stop... Buying one would only give me "an edge" in the first race; I have a really sharp learning curve. If I need to practice with one for a month I've already failed. ;)

Last edited:
I posted yesterday asking if I could be added, I've checked my inbox and nothing is here :-(. I can only assume I'm too fast ;-)?

I'll add you in a few minutes, just as I get back home. Maybe I should also add your new friend MonzaDriver1? :lol:

Well, then go make it rain. Find someone who's got one and throw money at it. :P

Personally I've never had a problem adjusting to new equipment, be it an arrive-and-drive karting, auto-x in a foreign car, video-arcade sim-racing... whatever. It's all the same... steering wheel turns, pedals go and stop... Buying one would only give me "an edge" in the first race; I have a really sharp learning curve. If I need to practice with one for a month I've already failed. ;)

That first round was the most important as it set the tone for the rest of your weekend. I'm not saying it will be like this for you guys, but if you won the first two races (the first round) you were technically set to go to silverstone. The bubble was less than 12 points.

Dr_Watson

To each his own I guess. I see where nastys coming from. It's smart. I for one won't be investing in a T500, but that's mostly because I can't afford one at the moment. If I had the funds...

To each his own I guess. I see where nastys coming from. It's smart. I for one won't be investing in a T500, but that's mostly because I can't afford one at the moment. If I had the funds...

"If I had the funds..." I'd buy a race car. :sly:

IDK about everyone else but I started sim-racing because I grew up blue-collar broke.

Dr_Watson
"If I had the funds..." I'd buy a race car. :sly:

IDK about everyone else but I started sim-racing because I grew up blue-collar broke.

Not everyone is that way though. I technically could drop the money on one if I wanted to, but saving up for a new car and making sure I can afford my mortgage is more important. As hard as I'm gonna try to make it to Silverstone and take the cake, there's 31 other guys that are doing the same thing. Still gotta plan and budget as if this wasn't happening, otherwise you'll just get into trouble.

Ive already got a race car :)

Sim racing works for me because I cant race my real car at nights, or during the winters, or even every weekend.

Credit Cards exist for a reason :)

Too many variables to consider buying a T500. The most important IMO is one we won't know until the day of, the people we race against. Worst thing that can happen is go against a a top-heavy class and there were one or two last year IIRC.

Nice little session today, unfortunately I was always too cautious trying not to hit someone on the first lap, so I end up braking wayyyyyy too early and falling back too much, then kept crashing trying to catch up. On a positive note once I fell back and calmed down my pace wasn't too bad, so all I need to do is keep up after the first corner and I should be good :)

By the way what cars are the most common? I think my gtr was low on power given I've never used it. I need to break in some cars but don't want to do so for all the cars if all of them won't be used a lot

Back