Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
Nice little session today, unfortunately I was always too cautious trying not to hit someone on the first lap, so I end up braking wayyyyyy too early and falling back too much, then kept crashing trying to catch up. On a positive note once I fell back and calmed down my pace wasn't too bad, so all I need to do is keep up after the first corner and I should be good :)

By the way what cars are the most common? I think my gtr was low on power given I've never used it. I need to break in some cars but don't want to do so for all the cars if all of them won't be used a lot

It was good racing with you for the first time today! My GTR had 0 miles I was under the impression that all cars had to have 0 miles on the clock for these races. Don't worry too much about the Spa race I think the top 4 were more than comfortable at that track, the final lap was insane.

It was good racing with you for the first time today! My GTR had 0 miles I was under the impression that all cars had to have 0 miles on the clock for these races. Don't worry too much about the Spa race I think the top 4 were more than comfortable at that track, the final lap was insane.

Ahh cool mine had 0 as well, I braked way too late for the chicane and didnt want to crash into anyone so I elected to hit the wall, that put me way behind so I just decided to enjoy the scenery :lol: tomorrow ill be more up to it :).

So for the car it's 0miles and oil change ?

Not around tonight :( Maybe for an hour after work but the lady friend is back in town unfortunately....

thank god she doesnt read this forum lol.

Haha! I know what you mean about the ladies interfering with our racing! There's nothing more distracting when you're trying to concentrate on a race! :lol:

We use 0 mile cars and turn off fuel wear so they remain 0 miles. Just make sure your oil is fresh.

Speaking of that. We accidentally had tire wear on last night for a few races in the S15 and my car gained 1 PP, I'll be buying a new one.

hmm... pretty sure my original tuned Z has miles on it from previous years.
Think my GTA2012 cars are all naked though.

of course I still need to fix my wheel...

BanditKarter22
Haha! I know what you mean about the ladies interfering with our racing! There's nothing more distracting when you're trying to concentrate on a race! :lol:
My wheel came right off my desk mid-race many times and once, the fire alarm went off but I kept going.

Then again, the only women that can and have interfered on my end have been my sis and mom but not much. This time of the year, being a free man is an advantage. :)

oh, good point.... I forgot about those. :D 👍

If that works, I vote that we all refresh our Tuned Academy Z's to 0 miles.

That's the only car we can't really use fairly because half of us are broken in and half of us aren't. Detuning is not a perfect balancer because of torque-bands.

It would be great to use that car more.

I can but do you know how to duplicate it and send it back? I dont know that trick. I also cant do it until tomorrow so somebody else might be quicker...

I can but do you know how to duplicate it and send it back? I dont know that trick. I also cant do it until tomorrow so somebody else might be quicker...

Just make a copy of your game save on a thumb drive then send the car then recover your save, the car will be there

Oh ok that's easy enough :) I wont be home until really late tonight though, so I will either send tonight or tomorrow after work if you still need it. Send me a message on psn to remind me.

If someone could also send me a tuned Z I would be greatly appreciative. I lost mine in a game modding snafu a few months back.

Had a great time racing tonight, raced so much I think I burned myself out by the end! It really is brilliant practice for the nationals, congrats on the organising of this!

Finally got time to start practicing. Mind if I join in? I'm not able to get in the lounge, so if you don't mind adding me Wardez I'd appreciate it :)

Had a great time racing tonight, raced so much I think I burned myself out by the end!
Ditto... 7 days straight :lol:

It really is brilliant practice for the nationals, congrats on the organising of this!
Instead of congrats - even though it is totally appropriate, I'll say thank you Wardez for once again a really good idea, and thanks to everyone showing up in the lounge night after night! (You can now start crying - ovation's over hehe) It really is the best racing I have done in my life and it seems to get better every day.

Sending your car now Fabian :)

Please send it back as soon as you can.

Barret, I'll send yours tomorrow once Fabian returns it. Please duplicate it and send it back also.

--

Also, I'll second the thanks to Wardez for setting this up. Practice in public lobbies simply would not be the same.

good thing I had a bunch of those reset coupons. I was able to put all my GTA cars back to 0 miles. My gift-able tuned Z is also at zero... I must have been using the 2012 last year. So I can hand out another one of those tomorrow.

In other good news, my wheel is back in action. Something must have been fruity with the one board that bricked the firmware flash. I put it back on the operating table and did some very major surgery as a last ditch effort to get some seat-time this week. I swapped a bunch of switches back onto the original board that came with the wheel to make it whole again. It took the firmware flash without issue so I'll be able to start driving again tomorrow. :)

So now I'm just back to the original problem that caused me to get the new board in the first place... a dead L2 button. But whatever, I've got working wheel, pedals and shift paddles; so I'll just go through support on getting another replacement board and be down a button til then. I don't want to touch this thing again and risk putting my patient back into the ICU.

Sending your car now Fabian :)

Please send it back as soon as you can.

Barret, I'll send yours tomorrow once Fabian returns it. Please duplicate it and send it back also.

--

Also, I'll second the thanks to Wardez for setting this up. Practice in public lobbies simply would not be the same.

You know you can dupe a car before sending it, that way you will still have it after you send it out.

Guys, can you receive a car then immediately send it ? I thought receiving stopped you from sending a car till the next day

Back