Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
We had a combination of both SH and RH depending on the car at the UK finals.
I only saw a handful of races on day two, but that's exactly how it was for me. Road cars were SH, race cars (I only recall the Calsonic) on RH.

Don't remember if you used the 370Z Tuned but we did and it was on RH.

I have a feeling that the cars in gt6 demo time trials might be used for the races with the tires stated. It seemed to be the case last year I also think the tracks might be the same. So maybe we can use that as a guide for what tyres to use for what cars

manumanu19
I have a feeling that the cars in gt6 demo time trials might be used for the races with the tires stated. It seemed to be the case last year I also think the tracks might be the same. So maybe we can use that as a guide for what tyres to use for what cars

Do you know what tracks were used? Even if they're not the same this year it would be good to get an idea of what we might be looking at.

It seems they used a lot of the tracks from last years practice sections, I know Spa was there for sure Trial Mountain (Reverse), Tsabuka, Cape Ring South I think was there as well. They used some variation of Silverstone for the Racer X thingy so Im guessing they will use Silverstone maybe the different sections of it, and maybe the ones in the Sunday Cup thing on the GT6 demo.

I looked here for the tracks by the way https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-academy-2012-u-s-national-finals-live-stream-day-12/

I'm just glad that we get to watch the Brits go first :)

Kinda feel bad for you guys that you have no idea of what to practice...

The chances are not every country will use the same cars and tracks surely? And no doubt we will have to sign disclaimers or something making sure we don't reveal any details till its over....

The chances are not every country will use the same cars and tracks surely? And no doubt we will have to sign disclaimers or something making sure we don't reveal any details till its over....

European wise as far as I'm aware each territory final is given a selection of combinations they can use, it's then upto the people on the day to choose those?

Tidgney
European wise as far as I'm aware each territory final is given a selection of combinations they can use, it's then upto the people on the day to choose those?

I hope so tidgney, I'm going into this knowing about 3 or 4 tracks lol.

Concentrate on "normal" track length tracks. You'll see Deep Forest and 'Ring GP/D tracks represented in videos above - that's about the length you'll be racing on. Shorter tracks mean the action's well over before it should be and longer tracks mean you'll all be there too long.

Might be a good time to refresh your knowledge of the bonus events at Silverstone's two shorter tracks.

Do they have a GT6 build that has all the stuff that's needed to allow online racing? Have we seen any of that type of thing demo'ed at any of the public showings? Maybe they can port a lot of that from GT5, but with the frame rate issues of this demo, I'm afraid to think of what it would be like doing an online race.

!? Seriously? On all the cars?

Can anyone confirm what was used last year at the NA finals?
There was also another competition on Day 2 if you missed the top 12 and don't know if that had Sport Hard tyres on. The races to qualify from what I can remember, the 370Z Tuned and Calsonic IMPUL GT-R was on Racing Hard tyres. Not sure on a potentially tuned Nissan GT-R, what tyres were on them but I would think it is likely it was Racing Hard Tyres too. It is up too people organising it so you can expect anything.

I'm just glad that we get to watch the Brits go first :)

Kinda feel bad for you guys that you have no idea of what to practice...
UK might not be first, not sure on other peoples dates but Poland might be first. Doesn't really make much of a difference really though as it can be different setup and combos you have to do.

Haha! Well, it'll certainly be interesting, and will for sure test our outright pace and adaptability :)
This is what I like the most, hopefully they use the new tracks to make it more interesting. If you don't know track but don't have to go first to race the new combo, it is good to watch others find there way, then you will have a good idea where the limit is on your first lap. If you have to go first, keep an eye out on what is being setup and if you don't know / remember the track see if you can quickly look at track on YouTube to memorise it if you can get signal on phone. Should have enough time. Even quicker way would be to have laps on all tracks saved and named on phone and also videos of GT6 new tracks whether real life or on GT6 or another game which is accurate. That might be overkill but should help for even better competitive advantage especially for qualifying lap.

Like I mentioned before, the Finals is a prime marketing opportunity for GT6 which is supposed to come out this year. To not have enough code at this point to have it available for Finals bodes poorly for the actual release date. Then again, this is Gran Turismo we're talking about.

outlaw4rc
Like I mentioned before, the Finals is a prime marketing opportunity for GT6 which is supposed to come out this year. To not have enough code at this point to have it available for Finals bodes poorly for the actual release date. Then again, this is Gran Turismo we're talking about.

:lol: I fully expect GT6 to be what we'll all be competing against each other on. And I really hope Rome isn't one of the tracks. For the love of all that is holy

It should most likely be GT6, it was used recently at a GT Academy event in Poland:

now imagine the negative press if the network code crashes and the finals turn into a tech support session. This is Gran Turismo we're talking about.

Trying to join but it is coming up with 769 error network incompatibility :( Anyone know how to sort it?

Trying to join but it is coming up with 769 error network incompatibility :( Anyone know how to sort it?

clear the network cache, power down ps3, reboot your network equipment (rouer, cable modem), power back on, cross your fingers and rub a unicorn.

Famine
Concentrate on "normal" track length tracks. You'll see Deep Forest and 'Ring GP/D tracks represented in videos above - that's about the length you'll be racing on. Shorter tracks mean the action's well over before it should be and longer tracks mean you'll all be there too long.

Might be a good time to refresh your knowledge of the bonus events at Silverstone's two shorter tracks.

I'm doing 10 or so laps of each track so I can get a good idea of braking points. I should of covered each track at least once when the final comes. Spare time isn't on my side lol.

I need to re run those two Silverstone tracks as I believe spurgy777 has got ahead of me on one of em :-(.

Problem is the Wildcard event was on GT5, so nobody really knows on the EU side what it could be? Personally I'd prefer timetrails because it just eliminates the factor of bad luck in the finals especially with the possibility of it being the last national final anyone can go to.

But I'll just practice on both I guess, did alright on GT5 tonight definitely flying with pace again :)!

Back