Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
****ing ey man, that was an epic finish, added it to the OP.

If anyone's around, I'll be in the room setting up some of the cars on the new account in a few minutes.

btw guys, you can always check out Jett's livestream video archives to watch plenty more racing from previous sessions.

Here's one from last night:
http://www.twitch.tv/jettracer/b/438908765

Very cool finish. I'm not trying to call anyone out personally but I hope they have some sort of "2 wheels on the tarmac" rule outlined in the semi-finals. Not a fan of the huge cut a lot of people do on that final chicane.

Pretty cool - I can watch you guys race while I'm working. No audio but I can view the chat and watch from Jett's point of view. Cool stuff!

I'm gonna try and find a way to get the audio as well when I get time. Some of these conversations should not be missed, haha.

EDIT: We were just singing Queen in that last race.

Last edited:
LVracerGT
Very cool finish. I'm not trying to call anyone out personally but I hope they have some sort of "2 wheels on the tarmac" rule outlined in the semi-finals. Not a fan of the huge cut a lot of people do on that final chicane.
If GT6 is used in the Finals, that will take care of some of the issues. Some curbs will simply be unusable.

As for track limits, PURE counts curb as track since the few times we tried being stricter, it caused major headaches for both drivers and stewards.

If GT6 is used in the Finals, that will take care of some of the issues. Some curbs will simply be unusable.

As for track limits, PURE counts curb as track since the few times we tried being stricter, it caused major headaches for both drivers and stewards.

While I see your points, it shouldn't be difficult to keep two wheels on the tarmac. Again, not trying to call you out, but someone who made GT Academy shouldn't have a problem with placing the car accurately :sly:

From what I've heard cutting corners is about the only violation the academy finals stewards care about. So... might want to have a previous finalist weigh in on what they count as track.

Last edited:

If the WRS didn't condition everyone to using it there would have been no problems. It's fine from a stewarding perspective in races because there's more wiggle room on what's a violation worthy of penalizing. We only reverted back to dirty kerby because drivers like to whine about it being different than WRS and standard OLR. *shrug* I still hate the two-in-the-dirt myself.

Wardez, if you or one of the others with access to the dummy account could add me that would be great. If you could send it to my slalom823 account that would be best. Thanks

If the WRS didn't condition everyone to using it there would have been no problems. It's fine from a stewarding perspective in races because there's more wiggle room on what's a violation worthy of penalizing. We only reverted back to dirty kerby because drivers like to whine about it being different than WRS and standard OLR. *shrug* I still hate the two-in-the-dirt myself.

I hate it too.

The league I ran (GT SEC) we ran Formula 1 rules.

White line is track; kerb is not.

Two tires on the track at all times.

I was being a little bit liberal with track boundaries last night for sure simply to keep up :)

I wish I had known Pure considered the Kerb as track. Maybe I'd have been faster lol. Maybe....

LVracerGT
While I see your points, it shouldn't be difficult to keep two wheels on the tarmac. Again, not trying to call you out, but someone who made GT Academy shouldn't have a problem with placing the car accurately :sly:
For the most part, I can. Hairpins and chicanes, on the other hand, bleh.

Nice racing today everyone! Was pleasantly surprised at home much speed I had! :)

I was pleasently surprised on how much speed i didnt have! Slow down bandit! you destroyed my self confidence.

Lack of speed on my part could that last time i used a wheel was at racer x 2 months ago. lolz

And before i forget i apologize for any bumps i gave to anyone.

Hope to see you guys online soon.

Cheers everyone, was good! First time to race online in a group on GT for many, many months for me - so good to see I'm there or there abouts, few nudges aside :)

I wouldn't mind getting in on some of this. I'm not D1 material but I'm fairly quick and race clean.

I'm sure I can get SpecMiata-JSW to vouch for me. We used to race quite a bit back in the day.

Is there room left for me? If so, can I get an add please? Thanks. :)

Edit: PSN ID is GTP_Wizard

Last edited:
Wiz is good!

Wiz, no one here right now can give access. Look for an invite soon.

Back