Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
In theory G25 forces shouldn't get any weaker. It's a direct gear drive, so there's nothing to really "wear out" from a force production stand point. It could get "sloppy" and get increased deadzone due to stress on the gearing (or in extreme cases even slip or lose it's center calibration)... but if the motor is producing any force in the design Logi uses, it should always be the same strength as day1.

By comparison my Fanatec is a belt design which comes with the benefit of extra "finesse" and zero dead zone... but as the drive belt ages and heat stresses it does lose a small amount of it's total force. Though 2 years old it's still pretty brutal if I max it out so I expect the drive line to last the lifetime.

In both cases the electric motor itself will lose power over time due to heat affecting the winding but we're talking several hundred hours of continuous operation. I would expect the motor to be the component that lasts the longest.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm still on the room list from last year, but I would love to be added for some racing this year. Maybe tonight?

Got to check my Nissan stable and make sure my cars match the pp. Then I've got to find a way to knock the rust off quickly. :)

Aderrrm
I said this somewhere on the PURE forum and I think I said that a 2 or 3 on my T500 would be a 5 on my G25. But as you know my G25 was pretty worn out the last time I used it. I couldn't give you an exact answer though.
In that case, then I think I'll just leave my feedback at 7.

Regarding the lousy T500 brake pedal, good thing I'm such a lousy braker and I know what to do when I don't trust if the car will stop in time. :lol:

Lapierre and I are in the lobby - join us if you'd like to get schooled by Lapierre!

Last edited by a moderator:
To whomever may be logged into the Lounge account 1 at this time; would it be possible to accept my friend request to join you? I still have lounge #2 from last year, and only need to re-add #1.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Great racing once again people, it was nice to have almost a complete grid for most of the races! I'll try and get a photo finish for that tie race but I'll have to admit that the most hilarious moment for me was the car-wall waiting for Travis at the finish line :lol:

And Jett, I thought your little comments were freaking funny. I often laughed hard just by fixing my screen :D

Great racing once again people, it was nice to have almost a complete grid for most of the races! I'll try and get a photo finish for that tie race but I'll have to admit that the most hilarious moment for me was the car-wall waiting for Travis at the finish line :lol:

And Jett, I thought your little comments were freaking funny. I often laughed hard just by fixing my screen :D

Hahahaha, the car version of the great wall of China was amazing! We definitely need more nights like these for sure! And us fat American can't be letting them Canadians oot of our sight, ay? Haha, good times, good times. I'm looking forward to the next session, everyone just gets along too well. ;D

I'm gonna have a lot more time to be on this weekend, so I can hopefully join for a few races.

I may boost up the dummy account so i can race with that tag so I don't take up another spot.

I was thinking of holding a mini-tournament of 16 or so people this weekend sometime as well (earlier in the day Pacific time) so we could all do 4 man races one group at a time, eliminating people through scaled points just like the real thing. The rest of the room would be observing and posing distractions heh heh.

Could be fun.

Hey Armen, I sent you a friend request with the dumm account.

There's no set times we meet, just happens organically everyday depending on who's on.

But this week it's usually been starting around 5 Pacific or so. That's a good time to be in the room.

Read over the OP and let me know if you had any questions 👍

Hey Armen, I sent you a friend request with the dumm account.

There's no set times we meet, just happens organically everyday depending on who's on.

But this week it's usually been starting around 5 Pacific or so. That's a good time to be in the room.

Read over the OP and let me know if you had any questions 👍

Copy that.

I feel like an idiot. Lolz!

I'm gonna plan on getting on and racing tonight. I've been so busy the last two days with the house I haven't even had time to walk remotely near my PS3

Had to re-upload it this morning.

****ing ey man, that was an epic finish, added it to the OP.

If anyone's around, I'll be in the room setting up some of the cars on the new account in a few minutes.

btw guys, you can always check out Jett's livestream video archives to watch plenty more racing from previous sessions.

Here's one from last night:
http://www.twitch.tv/jettracer/b/438908765

Are you still using the account I'm friends with for these races? I need to buy the cars so I won't have full power but I may be racing later 👍

Last edited:
Are you still using the account I'm friends with for these races? I need to buy the cars so I won't have full power but I may be racing later 👍

Yeah John, still the same account from last year.

@Vin

Yeah I'm gonna be on right now for an hour or so.

Last edited:
Awesome, I sent you a friend request. Just tell me how I can find you, since I rarely played online until now.

I'll try and get a photo finish for that tie race but I'll have to admit that the most hilarious moment for me was the car-wall waiting for Travis at the finish line :lol:
I backed out of that race for being hopelessly slow and watched that finish. I still think you won by more than 1/8th of a car length, but that might be just my feed.

Too bad carr screwed up his lap, lol. Would've been epic if he was on a decent lap ;)

Me and Bandit are in the room, join us!

Edit:
Now have 6, and a Racer X... :D

Last edited:
Back