Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
Everyone's been added so far, now I'm giving access to the GTA dummy account to the following people, if for whatever reason, you're not being added, PM me and I'll make sure you go through.

We have 42 people currently added (although there are a few still on the list from last year I can delete if they don't come around) and 30 pending confirmation of the friend request I sent out.

We have an alternate account in case there's overflow, or more than 15 people at a time want to race (one spot is reserved for the account holder) we can make it work.

For those that may be newer to GT5's lounge system and such; just remember, the actual PSN account you're adding as a friend is just a dummy account, meaning the only time it'll actually be online is when we add people to the list. It doesn't need to actually be online in order for you to be able to enter the room. Anyone can simply go onto the account's lounge and start the "room" up.

Here's the guys with account access:
Denilson (chorda),
Dr_Watson (TnJf),
iamsupernasty,
lapierre4,
outlaw4rc

Last edited:
Oh my god yesterday I felt humiliated by lapierre and redsox. I was so lost driving back to GT5, i'll do some training today with comfort medium tires and no abs. For sure that would help to bring back my level before GTA lol. Fantastic races yesterday.
Thank you nasty for making the room.
We all have a lot of fun ;)
C u soon at the track guys!!

Updated the OP, let me know if anything else should be added or fixed, thanks!

Recommended race formats:
What we're looking to train most of all in these races is adaptability and "explosive speed."
In other words: we want the racing to vary and be unsettling. We don't want to keep running "favorite" combos too much, although throwing them in to break up monotony is always ok we don't want to trail off the focus here.

This is what the standard race should be like:
Drivers decide among themselves what car they would like to focus on, and for how long. Drivers can decide to work with one specific, difficult/problem, car for a few races, or decide to jump in to different cars for every race, up to the mood of the room. Same goes for tracks, there may be more technical or unusual tracks or combos that may do well to provide some longer focus on. That's great.

But after that's sorted, practice should absolutely be limited to a minimum, or none at all ideally, depends on the size of the room.

Ideally, the track should be voted on, people jump in and get 3 laps only to qualify (as per competition), then start the race (minimum race time of 4 minutes, maximum 20).

Be sure to stick around for a bit and leave some space in between races to let off necessary steam or criticism rather than compounding any negativity with racing causing problems on track.

We don't need no drama YA FEEL MEH.

Ok, great, carry on!

Also updated a track setting, we used "real" trackside grip reduction last year before knowing what was used in the actual competition, which is the "weak" setting, so we'll be going forward with that!

9Kzpvcr.png

I'm up for joining this although i'd be very lucky for 6 people to drop out so I qualify for nationals .. PSN ID is GTP_Holty :)

we were wondering who you are ... GT_ADAM is what Aderrrm was using and we were thrown off by the _US one.
_______________________WHO IS ADERRRM?_____

USA has historically been around 7PM-midnight EDT sort of window. but people will just post in here and we've opened it up to global time now.

we were wondering who you are ... GT_ADAM is what Aderrrm was using and we were thrown off by the _US one.
_______________________WHO IS ADERRRM?_____

super-fast alien from England.
btw, welcome to GTPlanet. ;)

Realized my Friend list was full so I've deleted some inactive id's, please send me a FR again and I'll accept it.

Edit: My psn id is the same as showing to the left and my account name here on GTPlanet: Filip_Ovik

Pardon my inexperience when it comes to the GT5 Online Lobby.

But how do I get into the practice servers? Do I go to the online lobby and look for one of the rooms?

It's explained in the OP a bit, toward the bottom.

But basically, what we're doing here is making a fake/dummy PSN account to act as the central connection hub for all racers to meet at.

This makes it so people don't have to add everyone that want to race in private lounges together, since everyone will be adding the one account.

In order to race in it, you just go the dummy account in the "Profiles" section of the main GT5/GTLife/A-Spec menu.

Once you're there, just go to the coffee cup icon and enter the lobby. You can check whether people are in there or not before joining as well from the sub-menu that pops up when you first hit X on the lounge icon.

If no one's there, you can just come on here and tell people you'll be in the room.

If you're the first one in the room it'll be up to you to set up the room to the recommended settings from the OP. Otherwise someone else that comes in will.

Also, one thing to mention, if the room's ever experiencing network problems (btw, if this happens a lot to you, trying clearing your cache from the network settings in the main GT5 options) then try switching hosts. For that to happen the "host," or guy with the crown icon next to his name, needs to leave and come back. The connection will then be reshuffle to the next host in line (second guy in room).

Anyone have gt academy cars they can give me?

The only academy car that's gift-able (and needs to be) is the Tuned Z. all the other's were special cars from 2012 that are functionally identical to the stock Premiums at the Nissan dealer.

It's explained in the OP a bit, toward the bottom.

But basically, what we're doing here is making a fake/dummy PSN account to act as the central connection hub for all racers to meet at.

This makes it so people don't have to add everyone that want to race in private lounges together, since everyone will be adding the one account.

In order to race in it, you just go the dummy account in the "Profiles" section of the main GT5/GTLife/A-Spec menu.

Once you're there, just go to the coffee cup icon and enter the lobby. You can check whether people are in there or not before joining as well from the sub-menu that pops up when you first hit X on the lounge icon.

If no one's there, you can just come on here and tell people you'll be in the room.

If you're the first one in the room it'll be up to you to set up the room to the recommended settings from the OP. Otherwise someone else that comes in will.

Also, one thing to mention, if the room's ever experiencing network problems (btw, if this happens a lot to you, trying clearing your cache from the network settings in the main GT5 options) then try switching hosts. For that to happen the "host," or guy with the crown icon next to his name, needs to leave and come back. The connection will then be reshuffle to the next host in line (second guy in room).
No I understand too :)

I'm currently in the room so if anyone wants to race join "you know what psn id" lounge now!

Last edited:
haha, ahh can you edit out the PSN name please Filip? The idea is to keep it somewhat hidden so we don't get inundated with friend requests.

haha, ahh can you edit out the PSN name please Filip? The idea is to keep it somewhat hidden so we don't get inundated with friend requests.
Ooops sorry about that, didn't know.

More information about the room; starting off at Indy Road Course with a standard Nissan 370z, 5 lap sprint races, come and join! :)

If you want new car or track just tell me in the chat :)

Wardez can you send me another friend request
I was in the gta 2012 lounge yesterday with gator and redsox and now I tryed joining the lounge again and it's gone must of got deleted ?

Psn I'd dgafaboutany1420

Back