Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
Sux0r ... even if I bring my own cans? I've never been to a LAN event where you have to use speakers. :grumpy:

Yeah it's a little different but you get used to it with all the adrenaline going and all. Last year had public access so the noise from the bar didn't help any. Everytime someone said Rum and Coke I was like what?? :dopey:

I don't think they will let you bring your own in. If anyone tried last year they must have been shot down cause no one used any however.

Someone make sure to record these sessions and post the replays! :D

If you guys need more rolling roadblocks I'd be happy to come embarrass myself join in. Also, I'll share the GTA cars I have if it helps.

I don't think they will let you bring your own in. If anyone tried last year they must have been shot down cause no one used any however.

eh... I'll pack the Senns anyway, can't hurt to try.

Also, I'll share the GTA cars I have if it helps.

Unfortunately, shared cars can't be raced online, at least I don't think they can.

And a little update: turns out I can use the GTA GT-R SpecV after all (IIRC it's the prize for getting all golds in the S licence). Still can't use the tuned 370Z though.

Count me in. After my dreadful qualifying lap at the wildcard event i need a bit more practice lol. PSN ralphy0502

I think I;'m already added to the list, hopefully I will have some nights I can join up as it has always been great in the past.
I will try to explain the borrowing glitch as simply as possible. If you want full details there are several threads on gtplanet. The borrow glitch is a way to permenently get a car you have on borrow, the car must be part of the original game though, so no DLC or cars added later on in patches. You simply borrow any car that was in the original version of the game, save the gamesave and exit the game. Then copy that game save to a PS3 with version 1.05 of the game (or earlier before borrowing was added to the game). Start up GT5 in version 1.05, switch to a different car, exit. Move the game save back to your regular PS3 with the latest version of GT5 and you will now have the borrowed car in your garage. There are some restrictions to doing this, you can't have mods to the borrowed car that were not part of the original game -like a std car with different wheels etc. If you do GT5 will not start usually when using ver 1.05.

I think I;'m already added to the list, hopefully I will have some nights I can join up as it has always been great in the past.
I will try to explain the borrowing glitch as simply as possible. If you want full details there are several threads on gtplanet. The borrow glitch is a way to permenently get a car you have on borrow, the car must be part of the original game though, so no DLC or cars added later on in patches. You simply borrow any car that was in the original version of the game, save the gamesave and exit the game. Then copy that game save to a PS3 with version 1.05 of the game (or earlier before borrowing was added to the game). Start up GT5 in version 1.05, switch to a different car, exit. Move the game save back to your regular PS3 with the latest version of GT5 and you will now have the borrowed car in your garage. There are some restrictions to doing this, you can't have mods to the borrowed car that were not part of the original game -like a std car with different wheels etc. If you do GT5 will not start usually when using ver 1.05.

ah.... so that's not going to work with the Academy cars. Those were patched in.

Not like that matters very much. The Tuned Z is giftable and all the rest are just a sticker on the door of the regular cars. They're functionally identical.

You guys don't need to adjust your driving style.
I was mainly on about what you can expect from some drivers in the nationals.
And I can act as that someone if you lot thinks it adds to the preparation.

I'm 100% fine with racing like I always do ofc.
Just wanted it to be concidered. 👍

I'm here for you guys first and foremost.
That racing is fun is also a reason.. :D
I want to race with you chorda, I'll add you asap :) Nice you are from Sweden as well, then I'll understand everything you say. It seems like you already have been in the national finals before back in 2008, which is also a good thing :)

Btw, there's a few clips of last year's racing on my You Tube page under outlaw4.

Another piece of advice; don't practice before the race. Come in cold and learn how to adapt with different track-car combos.

Btw, there's a few clips of last year's racing on my You Tube page under outlaw4.

Another piece of advice; don't practice before the race. Come in cold and learn how to adapt with different track-car combos.

Good idea 👍 concerning the time zones, Im pretty sure there will be an equal number of people from EU vs US so maybe the practices can work out time wise for both regions

Well, I guess I'd better join too... With so many of my friends here, how can't I? It would be an honor to race with you all, cheers:) azbay

yes, and on that note qualifying will be 3 laps and then park it. The idea here is to get practice at performing on demand. Not to practice specific combinations. We're not time trialing anymore.

p.s. Eddie you should put some of this formatting stuff in the OP for brevity and ease of use.

Last edited:
I'd love to join up for a few for sure :)!

I'll make some room on my friends list tomorrow! (Inactive people I apologise but you may be disappearing!)

I know. Isn't it great? Back to having fun. 👍

I know right? It's like a giant torture device has been removed from my shoulders.

Though my poor wheel needs servicing. Was double downshifting all over the place in the final count-down Sunday. The pedals could also use a tear-down + rebuild with serious cleaning. Might let that wait until I can pick up the Fanatec "tuning kit" which would give me some spare parts to refresh it. The foam block that damps the brake pedal load cell has seen better days. But the downshift switch is totally done at this point. I'll have to pull a switch off my old PCB (Fanatec sent me a completely new board last time I killed a switch :) ) and swap it out before I can hit the road again.

Please add me to the list. RAYzRAYz

I am pretty slow, I want to improve!

I don't have the GT academy cars, Can I just tune the regular versions of the car to match the same upgrades/tune on a GTacademy car? would they functionally be the same?

What times do you guys hold these practice races generally?

I don't have the GT academy cars, Can I just tune the regular versions of the car to match the same upgrades/tune on a GTacademy car? would they functionally be the same?

No, sadly.

Do you know how to duplicate cars? If so I can send you the 2011 versions. The 2012's aren't trade able, but the older ones are.

Back