Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
There was some lag earlier which hurt us, and some people were a bit aggressive, but I don't think there was anything blatantly dirty.

Sadly people are going to be aggressive at nationals for sure.

There are no online racing rules at the finals. Keep 2 tires on the track and the car in front can do whatever they want ... Draft dodge, block, etc.

So what, that means people are allowed to overshoot corners because there's another car there to catch them?

I'm not sure the official rules. Surely people are not allowed to push others off the track, but I do think that some paint sharing will be legal and it will be important to defend your line.

Some of the races earlier in the night were ugly, but most of what I saw was related to lag.

How do I find the room? Who's hosting?

It's in the lounge.

Thanks for the racing tonight fellas. It was great to get on track again. Hope to find the time to sneak back on soon.

Cheers!

Yes, I'm psyched to be alive, and that race was a hoot! Good times!

Uploading the Deep Forest race. Tried recording the Indy race from today except my camera's being fussy about write card speeds. I may have to ditch HD mode to make it work. :grumpy:

outlaw4rc
Uploading the Deep Forest race. Tried recording the Indy race from today except my camera's being fussy about write card speeds. I may have to ditch HD mode to make it work. :grumpy:

Wow, that race was fun :)
Btw, is it possible to race with less grip tires?? I don't think it will be a huge difference if we already know that you'll be racing with GT6 at the finals :).
C/M: Nissan S15
C/M-C/S: Z33/Z34

I would love to race with you guys but my lack of experience with street cars on these tracks leaves me 15+ seconds behind every race. And I'm dangerous in traffic due to not knowing braking points. I have been trying public lobbies to practice with stock cars but everyone runs racing softs. You guys practicing blocking and aggresive driving when your doing these races? Imagine how frustrating it would be to get knocked out because you got dive bombed a few times. Then to learn all finalists are ineligible next year.

Last edited:
Lets avoid turning this into a Racing vs. Street compound thread. Everyone has their own ideas about what is more fun. The bottom line is that we wont be using race tires at Nationals, so I have no desire to use them in practice.

iamsupernasty
Lets avoid turning this into a Racing vs. Street compound thread. Everyone has their own ideas about what is more fun. The bottom line is that we wont be using race tires at Nationals, so I have no desire to use them in practice.

This. Agreed

Well in UK national finals last year, Racing Hard tyres was predominantly used IIRC.

iamsupernasty
!? Seriously? On all the cars?

Can anyone confirm what was used last year at the NA finals?

IIRC Eddie said US National was SH.

perrolocomcquee
I don't think it will be a huge difference if we already know that you'll be racing with GT6 at the finals.

That's something we don't know yet. TBH if it was my show I'd use GT5 over a beta of GT6. The potential negative storm if gt6 bugs out and ruins nationals outweighs any positive press from using it.

Last edited:
Back