National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments
TRC Scooty
Guess I need to port forward, but I'm thinking the issue might be the wireless vs port forwarding. Hopefully not as I have no way to run a cat5 from my room to front of house, unless I get some rj45's from work and a box of cable and deal with the ugly, lol :crazy:

You might consider that as a temporary fix. I know after all the trouble bdub and I had in the FMTC and IWC, I bought a new router. After I got that set up and could see bdub on course I had trouble downloading updates. Disabled the media player at the ps3 and downloads fly. Admittedly, I am using cat5e connection, not wireless. I know prior to disabling this and replacing the router I would get booted off the PSN frequently unless the PS media software was running on my file server. I don't think port forwarding and DMZ setup is necessary unless you are using a non-standard super secure network setup.

3. Great example of side-by-side racing. Forced and I were well ahead of everyone else, so this didn't hurt the overall result. The bump at the end was expected. Tires were worn and those Miatas understeer. :lol:

That was an awesome battle. That's proper racing right there! :)

I will race with all of you guys Saturday because i wont be on anytime after 3pm est. Heading out to the race track to sell tires and pit crew. Nothing like dirt track racing!!

Ok, I have the
Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09

If anyone still needs one I'll be happy to send.

Wardez, does this backup (dupe ring) process work multiple times or can it only be done once?

AFAIK this is how a dupe ladder works to quickly get the car(s) distributed. (I still need a tuned Z btw ;) )
we all get in a line and then:

person A:
1. copy ps3 GT5 save data to USB flash stick
2. gift car to person B (this uses your one gift per day which is the reason for a multi-hop ladder)
3. copy ps3 GT5 save data off of flash stick back onto ps3 to restore the gifted car

person B:
1. accept gift car and save game
2. copy gt5 save data to USB flash stick
3. gift car to person C
4. copy gt5 save data from USB flash stick to ps3 restoring gifted car

person C:
3. gift car to person D

etc...

Just got my email WOO HOO!! Cant believe they want everything by July 2nd.

Same as last year. You don't have much time until the National Finals, so expect quite a few emails for the travel arrangements as well. (after you return the stuff they need)

Dr_Watson
AFAIK this is how a dupe ladder works to quickly get the car(s) distributed. (I still need a tuned Z btw ;) )
we all get in a line and then:

person A:
1. copy ps3 GT5 save data to USB flash stick
2. gift car to person B (this uses your one gift per day which is the reason for a multi-hop ladder)
3. copy ps3 GT5 save data off of flash stick back onto ps3 to restore the gifted car

person B:
3. gift car to person C

person C:
3. gift car to person D

etc...

This was what I was thinking how the ring would work. Was just concerned that some limitation might be in place that would prevent gifting the car a second time. Programmers can be exceedingly clever at times. Gifting resets hit at midnight local?

I could use both the academy GTR and 370Z please. I know how to do the dupe thing so that won't be an issue. Once I receive mine I'll gladly send it to anyone else who needs it. Would be greatly appreciated!

Me three. Its all starting to come together.

MP3sh.gif
[/IMG]

So whats the deal with breaking in the cars? Why do people feel they need to do this? Will we be able to use broken in cars in the finals? Im guessing/hoping that they put us all in the same hp vehicles to make it an even playing field. It would suck to go up against a car with 8% more hp than me just because I havent done this silly break-in thing.

So whats the deal with breaking in the cars? Why do people feel they need to do this? Will we be able to use broken in cars in the finals? Im guessing/hoping that they put us all in the same hp vehicles to make it an even playing field. It would suck to go up against a car with 8% more hp than me just because I havent done this silly break-in thing.

I'm sure in the finals they provide the cars 👍

well after each race you do your car earns HP in the game, and after so long you lose that HP. So everyone should just be even in the game and break in all the cars. The finals everyone will be even, we just may be at a slightly slower pace then what we were running in game, unless you just wanna practice that way yourself and see what you can do beforehand.

edit: forgot to add in that with the HP gained after each race you'll have people on different levels etc. depending on how many races they've done

TRC_Hunk

I doubt you will be playing from your actual PSN account and saved game. The reason the cars would need to be broken in is to level the field for practice. If someone has one of these cars and it's already broken in it will have that HP advantage. So all cars should be broken in to maintain the parity that will exist for the finals.

This might make it problematic for the contestants if they do in fact use the same cars being used to practice during the finals but in my limited experience with this bunch they adapt incredibly quickly to differences in cars.

Ok that makes sense, thats the explanation I was hoping to get. I should probably just practice with the other non-GT5ers since all our cars are new from the dealer.

I feel so left out...lol. I jumped in one of your guys' practice lobbies last night but didn't have the guts to race because you all are pro and I didnt wanna wreck anyone. =/

TRC_Hunk
I feel so left out...lol. I jumped in one of your guys' practice lobbies last night but didn't have the guts to race because you all are pro and I didnt wanna wreck anyone. =/

Don't be scairt. I am so slow I am almost in danger of being lapped in a 5 lap race. But it has always been my experience that if you want to get better at anything you better hang out with folks that are better than you at it. And this group are some of the best in the world.

If you ever see me drive you'll know, otherwise just ask RT there ^

Tree'd

You guys are right and I agree. Im just unfamiliar with these tracks so Id be making a lot of mistakes out there and probably cause some accidents. And by reading some of the comments here and in the race lobby, it seems that people get pretty annoyed from a little incidental contact even if it is just practice. =/ Ill probably practice with Scooty and Jersey for now, and hopefully once I get more familiar with the tracks Ill be good enough to race with the big boys. =)

You guys are right and I agree. Im just unfamiliar with these tracks so Id be making a lot of mistakes out there and probably cause some accidents. And by reading some of the comments here and in the race lobby, it seems that people get pretty annoyed from a little incidental contact even if it is just practice. =/ Ill probably practice with Scooty and Jersey for now, and hopefully once I get more familiar with the tracks Ill be good enough to race with the big boys. =)

I'll be on tonight if you wanna practice.

BTW all faxed over already.

I could use both the academy GTR and 370Z please. I know how to do the dupe thing so that won't be an issue. Once I receive mine I'll gladly send it to anyone else who needs it. Would be greatly appreciated!

I've got the GT:A GTR just not the Z, make friends with my account and I can start that chain tonight. (TnJF)

I'll be on tonight if you wanna practice.

Whenever you see me on just search for my lobby. Filter by Free Run, Skid Off, US region of course. My lobby name is my XBL gamertag. Make sure you do the oil change on all your cars because you get an extra 5% hp gain. Thats all me and Scooty have done.

Btw, how can I get those GT Academy cars? If someone were kind enough to gift me them Id be much appreciative.

EDIT: Watson is it ok if I add you as well?

Dr_Watson
I've got the GT:A GTR just not the Z, make friends with my account and I can start that chain tonight. (TnJF)

Think the chain is already started and may be 2 or 3 running concurrently. I sent the Z to DragonGT about 0005 hrs this morning.

Whenever you see me on just search for my lobby. Filter by Free Run, Skid Off, US region of course. My lobby name is my XBL gamertag. Make sure you do the oil change on all your cars because you get an extra 5% hp gain. Thats all me and Scooty have done.

Btw, how can I get those GT Academy cars? If someone were kind enough to gift me them Id be much appreciative.

EDIT: Watson is it ok if I add you as well?

of course. :D

I know there's been some discussion on this already, but I did want to share my thoughts on using the T500RS wheel. I typically play with a Logitech G25, and used a T500 for the first time during the live stream I co-hosted last week with Twitch.tv and GameSpot.

I had about 20 minutes to get accustomed to the wheel before we went live, but I was still missing shifts while in the middle of a turn throughout the broadcast, due to the paddle's size and stationary placement. With a bit more time I would have become comfortable with the different paddles, but I'm not sure that's a luxury you guys will have in the finals.

Though this isn't really practical advice due to the cost of the T500RS, it is an investment I would make if I were a finalist, especially after my experience last week. It would be crushing to be eliminated due to a trivial error like a missed shift due to the paddle placement, and I really don't want to see that happen to anyone.

Regardless, I will be at the U.S. finals in San Diego and I really look forward to meeting you guys. 👍

I know there's been some discussion on this already, but I did want to share my thoughts on using the T500RS wheel. I typically play with a Logitech G25, and used a T500 for the first time during the live stream I co-hosted last week with Twitch.tv and GameSpot.

I had about 20 minutes to get accustomed to the wheel before we went live, but I was still missing shifts while in the middle of a turn throughout the broadcast, due to the paddle's size and stationary placement. With a bit more time I would have become comfortable with the different paddles, but I'm not sure that's a luxury you guys will have in the finals.

Though this isn't really practical advice due to the cost of the T500RS, it is an investment I would make if I were a finalist, especially after my experience last week. It would be crushing to be eliminated due to a trivial error like a missed shift due to the paddle placement, and I really don't want to see that happen to anyone.

Regardless, I will be at the U.S. finals in San Diego and I really look forward to meeting you guys. 👍

If it wasn't so damn expensive it probably would be a good investment. Wouldn't be worth my while though after spending so much on my fanatec. DFGT i'd go out and buy in a heart beat just to practice.

Jordan

Where are the T500RS' sold? If the 32 wanted one, they would not get it I time of they are only sold online. I may think about getting one just the future possibility of needing it.

Latest Posts

Back