National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments
A few FYI's:

1. The way my connection's set up, I can create rooms but no one else can get in. If you want me around, set up a room, and give me a heads up so I can join.

2. I've started running laps at Twin Motegi East. I'm getting the impression that Motegi's another Monaco for me (I'm terrible there, and I can't figure out why).

I'll set up a room now if you want to run some with me i finally broke in my 370z.

Hey guys, thought I'd join you on here. It's been great racing with all of you the last few days! I hadn't raced online in GT5 for at least a month before I joined the room on Monday. Needless to say, I was pretty rusty. As far as breaking in cars, I've been using 10 lap SSRX One-Make races from the practice section in A-Spec. I'm not a fan of "the bobs" hehe, I'll break the cars in myself. Plus it's a good way to practice slipstreaming in the unexpected event that we need to run an oval race at the finals. I haven't received the official email yet, but I'm hoping R1600Turbo is correct in stating that we'll get that email shortly (as in today :) Either way, I'm happy to be a part of this awesome competition, and wish all of you the best of luck in San Diego! Look forward to more racing tonight.

Hey Indy, I have been waiting for you to stop by. There are a lot cool guys in here always willing to help. I am sure got much wisdom you can share.

I haven't received the official email yet, but I'm hoping R1600Turbo is correct in stating that we'll get that email shortly (as in today :)

I just checked my emails to see how long we waited last year.

Round 3 ended on February 28th, and I received a finals confirmation letter the very next day. (March 1st) Seems they are taking a little longer this year. Patience guys, they won't forget about you. :lol:

Lovely random DC's <3 Cut my time short, but lookin' forward to the night sessions, I got a feeling that it's gonna be the best yet, and that has nothing to do with Veloci finally getting back to make it. =P ... ok, maybe >>

Had a run with some of you guys, you deserve to be in the top 32 lol

Am taking a lunch break atm, looking forward to learning from some of you. :)

I dont know if everyone still in the room i had made but wheel started acting up then my son decided to cut my playstation off but i will be on later tonight for a good session. Just hope with my son cutting ps3 off without quitting game or anything i dont lose all my data again. :nervous:

I dont know if everyone still in the room i had made but wheel started acting up then my son decided to cut my playstation off but i will be on later tonight for a good session. Just hope with my son cutting ps3 off without quitting game or anything i dont lose all my data again. :nervous:

Eeek. :scared: That explains why you left suddenly at least.

The racing was pretty good, but people are starting to get a bit too aggressive. Too much dive-bombing and blocking. I'm doing well but every race on the first lap someone runs me off the road. :grumpy:

just got ylod again, i think my ps3 doesnt want me to go to silverstone lol
also sorry for crashing into you benny, that was my second race since i got back and i was kinda rusty >.<

just got ylod again, i think my ps3 doesnt want me to go to silverstone lol
also sorry for crashing into you benny, that was my second race since i got back and i was kinda rusty >.<

Oh no problem. :) I don't care about the accidents, just the people who are getting a little ahead of themselves. Remember; dive-bombing and blocking will more than likely get penalized during the national finals. Just be patient, I've had a lot of success just sitting on someones back bumper, and waiting for them to make a mistake.

We can always set the laps higher for our races. Hopefully, that diminishes the urgency to get ahead while improving overall consistency.

We can always set the laps higher for our races. Hopefully, that diminishes the urgency to get ahead while improving overall consistency.

Yeah, but I don't really see the point when they'll be doing 5 lap races at the finals. I say train for what you'll be doing. No more, no less.

Yeah, but I don't really see the point when they'll be doing 5 lap races at the finals. I say train for what you'll be doing. No more, no less.
Granted, but the more experience someone gets in race conditions, the better.

For the record, I wish the races for the finals were a little longer.

R1600Turbo

That's assuming that it will be like last year. If you can concentrate for 10 laps you can do 5.

That's assuming that it will be like last year. If you can concentrate for 10 laps you can do 5.

Think the point he's trying to make is the "get to the front bone" doesn't start clawing your leg until about lap 3 in a 10 lap race whereas in a 5 lap it's doing its alien impersonation right around that "Start!" flag. The discipline to smack that bugger down early and hold your lines needs to be developed, especially for shorter races. But don't mind me. I'm still a perpetual back marker who's current goal, when running with the likes of you Silverstone bound is to finish the damn race before the 30 second timer expires. And for the moment I'd just like to finish a race without spinning out or understeering into the wall.

Still working on getting the Academy cars.

Maybe. People just need to remember there's still two weeks, plenty of time to improve. If you're not up front right now just relax, and work on your consistency. I've already made leaps and bounds since Sunday, and I'm sure by the finals everyone will be pretty much on the same page... except for the aliens. :sly:

Maybe. People just need to remember there's still two weeks, plenty of time to improve. If you're not up front right now just relax, and work on your consistency. I've already made leaps and bounds since Sunday, and I'm sure by the finals everyone will be pretty much on the same page... except for the aliens. :sly:
The way I see it, everyone that's heading to the finals should, in theory, be faster than I am by the time we're finished. :lol:

And there's my proof. :dunce:

Last edited:
Actually, that was a pretty good lap. I think you lost the majority of your time in the final sector, you actually needed to slide a lot through there. Not that this info matters now. :guilty:

Back