National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments
If any one makes a room tonight I'd really appreciate it to get the opportunity to race with the best!!! Also send me fr I'll accept

I cant even explain how unbelievable this oppurtunity is. I'm as happy as a fat kid with a bowl of ice cream. :lol:

good one Eddie. I'd already messaged forced to see if he was going to do this again. It was a ball last year.

btw, gtp99 was at orlando last year and so was Kekambas91m, rounD, and TX_Driven3

see here

Thanks for the updates on last year's finalists guys.

Cheers, I'm off to work

Feel free to add me as well. I wonder how many friend requests we are gonna get from people outside the top 32? lol. Look forward to racing you guys and getting some practice in. I'll try to join the room above once I'm done with dinner.

Left the room in the hands of outlaw and a few others.

Below is a list of cars (Wardez please add to OP) that everyone should have in their garage when you plan on participating in these rooms. I think oil changes and wheel/paint changes are OK, but everything else should remain 100% factory stock. The room will be marked "tuning prohibited" just in case.
  • Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) '02
  • Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
  • Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
  • Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '09
  • Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II NUR (R34) '02
  • Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09
  • Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12
Note: You can get the Academy cars in the Marketplace section. Just post a wanted thread and someone is bound to have one.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the list Jason. We'll definitely be focusing on those cars with emphasis on some of the new DLC GTA cars that come out. Will add to op 👍

Alright, we just finished some good fun racing in that room. Outlaw, TX Driven, lapierre and others put in a good showing. :cheers: I had more fun tonight than in 2 weeks of 8-5. :dopey: I look forward to more good times on track with Y'all. 👍

Well, if I can't be in GT Academy, the least I could do is help those who are going. If you need a host/steward/field-filler, here I am. :)

From my perspective, I suppose replicating how the last Academy went would be a good starting point. However, that could lead to a false sense of security, which could be trouble if the format is something new. Just look at how qualifying for the Academy changed for this year.

If we can only have one objective for all this, it should be to improve someone's racecraft. It's relatively easy to run fast laps on an empty. When you have traffic, dirty air, and added pressure, it's a different story.

You speak truth. It may be worth while to do some races in narrow circuits, maybe even Eifel Kart or city tracks. I know running the Miata at places like Madrid or Autumn Ring Mini definitely taught me a great measure of patience and timing. In situations like that either you take it easy and use racecraft or you ruins races, good thing about it is that it turns bad fast so you don't have to wonder about what you did wrong.

But at the same time, as you said, it's good to simply just get familiar foundation by running all the tracks and cars from last year's Nat's and improving from there - sprinkling in the odd combo really helps shake things up and get people really challenged with each other consistently.

Got some ideas jotted down:

Tracks:
Nurburgring GP/D
Trial Mountain
Madrid Reverse
Tsukuba
SSR5 Reverse
Indy Road Course
Deep Forest Reverse

Cars:
BMW Z4 M Coupe '08
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Honda S2000 '06
Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Toyota 86 GT '12
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07

haha, you wrote down the 86! Thought you hated that car xD, saying it'll be a good challenge? XD

what tires would you suggest for each car btw?

And eek, the stock Tuscan around Madrid will be nassty

haha, you wrote down the 86! Thought you hated that car xD, saying it'll be a good challenge? XD
Exactly. Can't make this easy. :sly:
what tires would you suggest for each car btw?
Good question. I suppose we can stick with comfort soft for the slower cars, sports hard for cars over 300 hp. It's up for debate.
And eek, the stock Tuscan around Madrid will be nassty
In the room tonight, we had the Tamora on Deep Forest Reverse. That was just evil. :ill:

Can't wait til we get our prize cars, that will make the car-selection a lot easier since that's probably the "stable" for the finals.

It's up for debate.In the room tonight, we had the Tamora on Deep Forest Reverse. That was just evil. :ill:

That was like driving on ice. Slid right around on me first corner and I was like screw it, I'll go to bed since I've been staying up late. So much for that. Night of no sleep and being sick :yuck:

It probably makes more sense to use the gt academy cars when they arrive, this selection of cars is more just temporary till the gt academy cars get to us.

Got some ideas jotted down:

Tracks:
Nurburgring GP/D
Trial Mountain
Madrid Reverse
Tsukuba
SSR5 Reverse
Indy Road Course
Deep Forest Reverse

Cars:
BMW Z4 M Coupe '08
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Honda S2000 '06
Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Toyota 86 GT '12
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07

Wouldn't we want to stick with Nissan cars, since that's what they will be using?

Wouldn't we want to stick with Nissan cars, since that's what they will be using?

Thats what i was thinking. On another note you were whooping me last night but i did go in a room with DragonGT83 and ran some more laps to get used to tires and brakig lines with sports tires. I started figuring it out pretty good. More i get used to racing on those tires better off i will be.

Like I said, it's possible for a surprise or two. If nothing else, the sessions don't become monotonous if we add a few wrinkles. Given the amount of time there is, we'll likely not get to every car anyways.

Back