National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments
I will be there in about 10 minutes.

Edit: Got distracted, will be joining shortly if I can.

Last edited:
What is the advantage of the roof view over the bumper? Is it the higher viewing angle?

Pretty much. You can see further ahead.

Also, can anyone that has posted a room number that is NOT the actual room please delete it please? Causes too much confusion if we have multiple posts all together with different room numbers. 👍

What is the advantage of the roof view over the bumper? Is it the higher viewing angle?

Main advantage is being able to see the front corners of the car, easier to avoid walls and hit apexes without going 3-off.
I tried it but hated it since:
- the gauge cluster is worse
- no rear view mirror
- no camera movement (i like the break dive and slight g-movement the default driver cam gives)

I can't use roof cam, it's too distorted. I know I could adapt, but I'm so locked into cockpit view I'm not sure I want to abandon it. It's restrictive, but I've learned to deal with it over the years, a little practice should help confirm if I need to abandon it or not.

All comes down to preference really. Nobody is right or wrong on their views. I used to use bumper cam until GT5, then made the switch. Like Watson said, just easier to see where I'm going.

I need to improve big time. After racing with some of you guys i realized how slow i am :lol:. I guess i should expect that since i never really played GT5 much before GT Academy.

Had some awesome races.

Took out the Spec-R Silvia to Trial Mountain Reverse, tuning prohibited, sport hards I think, and limited to 236hp, lapierre was able to pull around a mid 1:40.xxx

It was insane.

I got a low 1:42, but the track's so hard to learn, so that's definitely one to practice a lot especially considering how much it wants to spin your car out and kill you.

Every one's driving was most excellent though, very clean, top notch racecraft as to be expected.

FYI, I'll be doing some testing later tonight to get some car-specific room hp settings down, along with base lap times. 👍

Shouldn't need the HP numbers. With tuning prohibited, the number won't change.
It will be needed because oil change + mileage will vary the car's output. At one point today, some had 10 hp more than others, and that was with just the Silvia. Fortunately, we can adjust the power limiter even with prohibited tuning.

You can power limit with TP on. We just did it 'cause half of us had non-broken in cars @ 239 compared to the others with 251.

I would just make sure everyone has cars that are broken in. Limiting power just gives them a torque advantage.
Granted, but with eight cars in the list, getting all of them broken in might be a tall order for some. I'm just suggesting something that would level the field.

I will say that after today's session, my Silvia's broken in, so it may not matter anyways.

Looking forward to joining you dudes for a night or two before the finals. We had a ton of fun last year getting prepped and i'd hate to miss out on the fun this year. :)

Outlaw you should definitely come out to san diego for the wild card.

^^^ Agreed.
Can't deny I'm thinking about it. Then again, money's tight on my end. Also, I'm definitely more accustomed to online physics than off.

I'm doing testing right now. If anyone wants to set up a room, go ahead. Mine's simply don't work. :indiff:

Edit: I'll be testing with fully-broken in cars.

I went to join room outlaw but wouldnt let me. So i went to sign out and back in and come to find out have to do a update before i can lol. Who ever host a room let me know i will be there as soon as this update is over.

Back