National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments
Whats the difference with "Broken in cars" sorry never came across this before.

Cars gain power as they get higher in mileage. Once they hit 180~200 miles, they are considered "broken in" and at their max HP with whatever mods you have. (or in our case, stock car)

That Deep Forest Reverse is tricky. I hit the wall on the first turn of the first lap. :yuck: Other than that it was a ton of fun to race you guys. I hope to race you all again soon!! :D

Left the room in other hands.

I feel like I'm just in the way during these races. I've gotten way too used to doing endurance style races where tire wear is a concern. Jump into sprint races and I feel out of place.

I may just tag along and let you guys duke it out.

Had fun tonight racing with a bunch of guys. Gradually getting used to racing with the sports tires and learning braking zones for reverse tracks and such. I will give it a go again tomorrow. Thanks for all the good racing guys.

What a fun night, so much that I forgot to write down all the fastest lap times. :ouch:

This is what I do have, though.

370Z @ Trial Mountain Reverse - 1:37.6xx
S15 Silvia @ Madrid Reverse - 1:39.2xx
S15 Silvia @ Nurburgring D - 1:46.318
R34 Nur @ Autumn Ring Reverse - 1:26.740
370Z @ Grand Valley Reverse - 2:11.161

Well guys, throw out those assumptions about having to use the DFGT again in the finals, as some of you have previously mused; we are indeed going to be using Thrustmaster T500 RSs in the Nationals:

Hot off the presses (scroll down to "GT ACADEMY 2012 NATIONAL FINAL CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES"):
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2012/rules/

Hi guys, I'm not involved with the NA side of things, but if anyone would like to race against me and a few other of the UK/European guys, you can add my PSN. Personally, I'd prefer to have some practice races against people that I won't be competing against in my territory final as I feel it's always good to race against as many different people as possible.

Also best of luck to everyone who made it to the US final 👍

Thanks a bunch for the nice gesture Dessy, I'll throw you an add for sure, join our rooms any time, as you said definitely the more drivers, the more varied, the better.

Dessy182
Hi guys, I'm not involved with the NA side of things, but if anyone would like to race against me and a few other of the UK/European guys, you can add my PSN. Personally, I'd prefer to have some practice races against people that I won't be competing against in my territory final as I feel it's always good to race against as many different people as possible.

Also best of luck to everyone who made it to the US final 👍

I will add you later. Anyone feel free to add me PSN: TRP_NOSS

Also best of luck to everyone who made it to the US final
Will add you when im at home this afternoon. Everybody else who like to prepare for the finals feel free to add me, too. PSN-ID: SR_thomas

Well guys, throw out those assumptions about having to use the DFGT again in the finals, as some of you have previously mused; we are indeed going to be using Thrustmaster T500 RSs in the Nationals:

Hot off the presses (scroll down to "GT ACADEMY 2012 NATIONAL FINAL CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES"):
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2012/rules/

Best news, ever... And i buyed this crappy DFGT Plastic thing...Sry for all DFGT Users but i really hate this wheel.

Last edited:
Yes mate I am 2nd in Holland with a 1.30.968

Replay also made it and his twin brother too :)

Is it TRP_Saffy? Good job by the way, 1'30's are scary fast! In the finals, you have the chance of not having to race Wes haha! One alien less to worry about. :D

Is it TRP_Saffy? Good job by the way, 1'30's are scary fast! In the finals, you have the chance of not having to race Wes haha! One alien less to worry about. :D

Its TRP_SVENNI. Wes is too young so he is ineligible. I'm not worried at all lol even if it was Wes :) The most scary guy will be Hmg-stef in the real car. he has the most experience in karting.

For future reference, how can I get the stock GTR academy if I already won it in he game and made mods to it?

Best news, ever... And i buyed this crappy DFGT Plastic thing...Sry for all DFGT Users but i really hate this wheel.

That's fine. Most of us don't have a salary that allows us to spend big bucks on a wheel. The DFGT does a great job for the money.

Not good for me never used any wheel but DFGT. :scared:

You'll be fine.

For future reference, how can I get the stock GTR academy if I already won it in he game and made mods to it?

You'll just have to acquire another one. Post a thread in the Marketplace, I'm sure someone has an extra they can send you.

Back