National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments
Leave the tires stock. They won't bother changing the tires at the finals, so the cars will run with whatever they come with.

Hopefully I'll be able to join you guys on Wednesday. I still have to finish the 530pp 4WD Seasonal tonight, I'll probably use the GTR '07 stock since it's 529pp in preparation for the Nissan spec races online.

I've posted times for most cars in Madrid Reverse. I've always excelled going forwards, but not the other way. That seems to be changing, though. Just a few thoughts as I drove the cars around:

370GT Coupe: Decent performance. No complaints.
350Z: Pretty stable car. The brakes are mushy, although lock-up isn't that great a concern.
370Z: The power's offset by the weight gain. Tail tends to wag if you're not careful. I honestly like the 350Z better, especially with the gears. That left-hander before the end of Sector 1 is much harder since I have to upshift to 4th before I get there.
R34: I'm learning this car requires a slow-in, fast-out way of driving as once the grip is there, the car will stick quite well. Naturally, the car fits my style.
GT-R Black: Oh, dear. I've hit the T1 wall a few times because I couldn't figure out a braking point. I've ended up using a red... thing on the right between two markers and that seems to work. You really have to go wide on the first roundabout to get a proper exit angle. With the other cars, going halfway up works well enough.

After not even an hour of racing with you guys I can tell I'm gonna get demolished. There's no way I'm getting these tracks memorized and actually good at them. I'm actually kinda embarrassed to show up if that's how I'm gonna perform.

JerseyDriverSS
After not even an hour of racing with you guys I can tell I'm gonna get demolished. There's no way I'm getting these tracks memorized and actually good at them. I'm actually kinda embarrassed to show up if that's how I'm gonna perform.

You Do not need to be first, just better than sixteen others. I feel that some of the guys are already experienced with the car/track combinations (or they are just frigg'n awesome). If I finish within 15sec of the leader then it was a good race for me. My fastest lap always comes on the final lap of the race, which tells me that with more practice I will be able to keep up. There is usually not enough practice time to figure it out just right. I am already focused on the next GTA, if there is ever another one. It would probably be better to take the times that are posted and try to match them on you own test runs. But racing is so much more exciting.

Same boat here. :nervous: All the time I took away from GT before GTA is really showing. I know the time is there, but I don't know if I'm going to get it.

JerseyDriverSS

Just keep practicing. It just takes time to get used to physics and tracks. However, I would still be very interested in any spots that open up :)

Keep at it guys, you have a once in a lifetime opportunity in front of you. Do everything you can to capitalize on it.

gotta get in on some of this tomorrow ... had to spend some time with the wife before going back to the crack pipe.
we all going to have motegi by the?

Friday's going to be my big day for prep. My only day off from work, I will literally be on all day. Hope to see most of you then.

You have 2.5 weeks. Keep at it.

I may have to join some of these practice sessions to prepare for the wildcard event, if anyone want's to add me, my psn is --> cmoraUSGP

:dopey:

I've kind of been feeling the same way. Only raced twice in the rooms and so far mid pack each time for the most part but with plenty of mistakes though too. Definitely going to take some practice and I think being consistent is going to be key. I guess we'll see who really put in the time come finals.

I got DC'd but I'm callin' it good. Probably the best races I've had yet so far with this group! Never had to save so many replays, I gotta say, haha. But great races everyone! We'll be in tip top shape in no time, when San Diego finally rolls around.

Damn, I can't wait to get home to race you guys! This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm a little nervous though, I haven't done a proper race since gt academy opened up lol

I got DC'd but I'm callin' it good. Probably the best races I've had yet so far with this group! Never had to save so many replays, I gotta say, haha. But great races everyone! We'll be in tip top shape in no time, when San Diego finally rolls around.

can't say the same, was getting pitted every other race or getting cutoff and hit. and mics were on and I had a really bad frame rate cuz of it. sorry for anybody I hit cuz of my mistakes, had no grip(lag bug prob). had better feel last night and earlier today with the cars.

Who turned mics on?

They should be off for performance, we're trying to have consistency here.

Who turned mics on?

They should be off for performance, we're trying to have consistency here.

Idk who started the room. I don't want to use that as an excuse for my bad driving cuz others were coping with it, just had sudden spin outs or lost grip I wasn't ready for from running before.

Edit: does damage setting affect the room? visual damage was on too and I know it was off before.

Visual damage should be off, yes. Racing quality: High. Unfixed room, Mics disabled.

You guys are crazy fast! im going to have to practice like crazy for the next two weeks to have a shot at making it to Silverstone.

You guys are crazy fast! im going to have to practice like crazy for the next two weeks to have a shot at making it to Silverstone.

Yeah me too just hoping im fast enough to be top 16, i cant tell right now if im going to have a shot or not.

On another note Happy Birthday to me. :)

Back