National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments
Yeah me too just hoping im fast enough to be top 16, i cant tell right now if im going to have a shot or not.

On another note Happy Birthday to me. :)
Happy birthday! lets see if today we get the email we've all been waiting for:).

FYI, I surprisingly don't have the Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '09 in my garage. If anyone has a spare I could borrow....

If you still need it I can sponsor one today 👍
And just start dupe ring so all who need it can have it :)
(Btw. its '08 )

Send fr to urabus098 :)
( I can send car in couple hours )

Sheet's been updated with times. 👍

A couple tips for those struggling with speed and racecraft:

1. When in doubt, ease your inputs out. In a race, you will likely be going faster than in practice because of the draft. Therefore, if you're charging into every corner in practice, guess what happens in a race? Yep. Into a wall because of understeer, or spinning on exit because you cooked the rears with too much throttle.

2. Watch race replays, and keep eye on what the really fast drivers are doing. Each may have different braking points, or use a line you're not. Experiment, and see what fits you best.

3. Only pass when you have the edge, and when you can make it stick. In each track, there are certain spots that are favorable for an overtake. Use patience rather than jamming your car at each corner. Also, if you don't think you'll get your nose ahead of your competitor by the entry point, stay behind. Sometimes, just tailing someone will force them into a mistake, allowing a clean overtake.

Not sure I'll be able to attend any races tomo... today. If someone in a room can keep tab on fastest times and send them over as a batch, that would be great. Oh, and just laps set for free run. The draft can reduce times by around half a second, especially in places like Indy Road Course.

Last edited:
Ok, anyway, here's the room number:

5q8k2.jpg

Do you guys mind if I join you at some point? I got 1 of the uk wildcard places and need to get some track time in..

Yes no problem, congratulations btw, must've been tough. Did they have yous guys use T500s ?

Thanks.. No we was on the standard rigs from the other gt academy's with dfgt..
Il admit I got very lucky.. The guys friday and Saturday were a lot faster than the guys on Sunday.. but hay I'm in!
What time you guys get online? I'm guna be on for a few hours now.. Mite just do an endurance race in a standard s15 maybe..

I can't seem to find the Fairlady Z Z34. Is that a premium car?

Also, are those times set in a single 3 lap race? Because I tried the 370GT and in 3 laps I was 6 seconds off the Z34 time. =(

I can't seem to find the Fairlady Z Z34. Is that a premium car?

Also, are those times set in a single 3 lap race? Because I tried the 370GT and in 3 laps I was 6 seconds off the Z34 time. =(

tell me about it AJ. I was 7 seconds a lap slower on nur gp yesterday. I felt like an idiot.

After 3 laps? Ill try NurGP right now in the Silvia and tell you what I get.

I was using the 08 z. everyone else was running 2.20's. i was way off the pace. Same track from forza to here is completely different. Its amazing

Oh, Im looking at the times on the spreadsheet.

So on nurgp in the silvia I ran...

So Im a good 5 seconds off after my first 3 laps. Ill try again...

Laps 4,5,6

Still so far off. =(

Last edited:
TRC_Hunk
Oh, Im looking at the times on the spreadsheet.

So on nurgp in the silvia I ran...

So Im a good 5 seconds off after my first 3 laps. Ill try again...

Laps 4,5,6

Still so far off. =(

Yeah its gonna be tough for us. Learning the motegi combo was one thing but getting comfortable with all tracks and cars in 2 weeks is gonna be a nightmare.

On a side note, you guys *may* want to run each car on the tires it comes with when new, rather than putting them all on sports hard. Some come with comfort softs, or sports mediums, and then the JGTC nissans come with race hards usually. Being as how the rules say the races will get harder as the finals progress, they may run one of the JGTC cars at some point like we did in the round 2 TT last year.

Just downloaded twin ring tracks and car pack 2 so i have the black edition gt-r now. Dont worry i was off pace at most the tracks to compared to AX7's times he is on a whole nother playing field lol. I think at nurburg in silvia i ran a 47.6 to low 48's i think lol. Well im gonna get on and try out new tracks.

Hey guys I'd like to join your practice races if you don't mind. Bought all the Nissans that featured in the Academy 2012 Demo bar the 2nd DLC car pack ones.

I can act as some sort of a wildcard/unknown quantity in these practice sessions and will no doubt prepare you for something similar in your national final 👍

My PSN ID is on the left.

On a side note, you guys *may* want to run each car on the tires it comes with when new, rather than putting them all on sports hard. Some come with comfort softs, or sports mediums, and then the JGTC nissans come with race hards usually. Being as how the rules say the races will get harder as the finals progress, they may run one of the JGTC cars at some point like we did in the round 2 TT last year.

All the cars I bought new from the dealership came with Sport Hards.

JK83
If you still need it I can sponsor one today 👍
And just start dupe ring so all who need it can have it :)
(Btw. its '08 )

Send fr to urabus098 :)
( I can send car in couple hours )

How do you start a dupe ring and may I pertake? I can also use a stock GTR academy special.

All the cars I bought new from the dealership came with Sport Hards.
Check the older premium cars like the one used in one of the early academy rounds this year, some older cars come with lower grade tires. I have this all written down at home from my finals prep last year, else I could just put up a list lol.

EDIT: Looking at my list its the G35 (skyline coupe 350GT) and 300ZX that come with CS tires, The Shulze race GTR comes with SS tires.

Last edited:
Has anyone noted all race tracks/cars used that were done in past GTA's? That may make it easyier to narrow down what will be raced on and which cars used.

But we might get an idea of what they WON'T use. Also, we will be able to see how many original and real world circuits were used, how many cars were FR and 4WD. The more information the better.

Back