National Finals preparation meets/spec racing (NA) All welcome!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 805 comments
Its TRP_SVENNI. Wes is too young so he is ineligible. I'm not worried at all lol even if it was Wes :) The most scary guy will be Hmg-stef in the real car. he has the most experience in karting.

I've always wondered about twins or brothers or anyone who knows each other in real life. What can prevent one of them from setting time for the other?

Thats fantastic news. I busted out my DFGT and i just couldn't get used to the pedals. Now i can finally go back to my G27.

I wonder how my fanatec compares. Also what kinda settings i should have it at to get as close as possible. Its so damn adustable, but at this point thats more of a hindrence. Any else driving with a fantec in the 32. If so whats your settings?

Lidyana
I've always wondered about twins or brothers or anyone who knows each other in real life. What can prevent one of them from setting time for the other?

Nothing really. Personally i know that both brothers are fast enough to be in the top 16.

I hope they give enough practice time so i can get use to wheel. Kind of sucks to use such an expensive wheel that some people can't afford. At least i know there is no way i could spend 500 dollars on a wheel.

What a fun night, so much that I forgot to write down all the fastest lap times. :ouch:

This is what I do have, though.

370Z @ Trial Mountain Reverse - 1:37.6xx
S15 Silvia @ Madrid Reverse - 1:39.2xx
S15 Silvia @ Nurburgring D - 1:46.318
R34 Nur @ Autumn Ring Reverse - 1:26.740
370Z @ Grand Valley Reverse - 2:11.161

Would be a good idea to keep a list of the fastest lap times and in what car I think. Would help us all I'm sure to improve and shoot for beating lap times. Helps me improve for sure, otherwise I just try to beat my own times.

I hope they give enough practice time so i can get use to wheel. Kind of sucks to use such an expensive wheel that some people can't afford. At least i know there is no way i could spend 500 dollars on a wheel.

You will have no problems, im sure. Everbody who had the skills to qualify for the finals will get used to it very soon. I had a g27 for nearly 4 years. Then on my vacation in the US i went to Grand Prix New York (Kart Track). they had a simroom there, where you could do 10 minutes at iracing for 10$. They had the T500 RS and i get used to it so fast. After 3 Laps i could set the same times i did at home with my g27. And the hole time of driving i just thought that this wheel is damn nice!

That's fine. Most of us don't have a salary that allows us to spend big bucks on a wheel. The DFGT does a great job for the money.
Yea, your right, it does a good job for that money, but its a big step to the g27, for example. And when you are used to something like that its really hard to get back to such basic stuff. The wheel itself is ok, except for the rattling the gears are producing when ffb comes in. But the paddles just killed the whole feeling, imo.

Last edited:
I wonder how my fanatec compares. Also what kinda settings i should have it at to get as close as possible. Its so damn adustable, but at this point thats more of a hindrence. Any else driving with a fantec in the 32. If so whats your settings?

I have a GT3 RS and I've used a T500 at a store display, you'll have an easier time coming from a fanatec then the guys going "up-market" from a DFGT (or DFP). You should already be used to no deadzone. I'd say just put the GT5 settings back to default (IIRC you weren't able to change those last year right Jason?) and on the wheel set the dead-zone to 0, sens to 900, 0 spr, 0 dpr, 0 dri, and at least 80 FF to get used to the "heavy" feel of the T500.
GT5 has some odd issues with 100FF on fanatec wheels due to the no deadzone so you might only be able to go up to 90 on the wheel before GT5 starts "sawing" the wheel side to side on straights.

And if you have club sport pedals I'd say stop using them. IIRC the t500 doesn't have a load-cell brake.

I have a GT3 RS and I've used a T500 at a store display, you'll have an easier time coming from a fanatec then the guys going "up-market" from a DFGT (or DFP). You should already be used to no deadzone. I'd say just put the GT5 settings back to default (IIRC you weren't able to change those last year right Jason?) and on the wheel set the dead-zone to 0, sens to 900, 0 spr, 0 dpr, 0 dri, and at least 80 FF to get used to the "heavy" feel of the T500.
GT5 has some odd issues with 100FF on fanatec wheels due to the no deadzone so you might only be able to go up to 90 on the wheel before GT5 starts "sawing" the wheel side to side on straights.

And if you have club sport pedals I'd say stop using them. IIRC the t500 doesn't have a load-cell brake.

Okay cool thanks for the response. I'll set it up that way tonight when i get done work. I have standard csr pedals.

Should i go ahead and set my force feedback way up on my dfgt to maybe help with what i might come to expect with Thrustmaster?

Last edited:
Have a room open for practice.

1472-4711-0510-9358-7261

Room was still up when i left.

Last edited:
What a fun night, so much that I forgot to write down all the fastest lap times. :ouch:

This is what I do have, though.

370Z @ Trial Mountain Reverse - 1:37.6xx
S15 Silvia @ Madrid Reverse - 1:39.2xx
S15 Silvia @ Nurburgring D - 1:46.318
R34 Nur @ Autumn Ring Reverse - 1:26.740
370Z @ Grand Valley Reverse - 2:11.161

I would love to have a completed list like this, its just what I need. Thanks Alien.

I would love to have a completed list like this, its just what I need. Thanks Alien.
100% Human. :sly:

I'll create a GDoc sometime today. If the actual foreign beings can remember your lap times from yesterday, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll be using my slower times. :lol:

Should i go ahead and set my force feedback way up on my dfgt to maybe help with what i might come to expect with Thrustmaster?

I used the t500rs the answer is yes its very heavy the higher ff will slow your times but I guess thats the same for every one @ the finals If you can adjust get it down as low as you can it really is worth time

Ps i was using ff10 my left hand is wrecked and iam not joking :yuck:

Can anyone help me out with cars. I'm level 0 with the money you start out with. I posted this in the other thread but thought this would be more appropriate here.

Can anyone help me out with cars. I'm level 0 with the money you start out with. I posted this in the other thread but thought this would be more appropriate here.

Send me Friend Request and tell me what car u want and ill send you one.

FYI, I surprisingly don't have the Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '09 in my garage. If anyone has a spare I could borrow....

FYI, I surprisingly don't have the Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '09 in my garage. If anyone has a spare I could borrow....

ditto, I also don't have the 2012 gtr in the car pack 2, just can't afford any DLC right now. Anybody willing to send the 370z out I do have chromes to send and can duplicate the car, as long as outlaw gets his first.

If someone in the room doesn't have the '12 GT-R, then everyone can default to the '07 GT-R that is on the recommended list which everyone has access to.

Somehow I never got my tuned Z in the dupe-fest last year. :/

We should probably pass that guy around again.

Back