• 127 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom.

Premium
England
Sheffield
Tom_97_COD
So, the Nationwide series will begin at the same time as S3 of the Sprint Cup begins. It will most likely run in the TOCA timeslot on a Saturday night which is 19:00-21:00GMT (14:00-16:00 Eastern) and coincidentally that means it would be running immediately before the Sprint Cup race.

We'll be running the 2010 & 2011 NASCAR models with 453bhp and 35kg of ballast bringing them up to 1600kg. The only usable tyre will be the racing medium compound.

Register you interest on the thread or directly contact one of the teams below if you are interested in racing in this series. It's the first step into NASCAR on GTP and will showcase your talents to many of the drivers from the Sprint Cup, who knows, you may even impress them enough to get a seat in the Sprint Cup next season.

Team Sheet

Richard Childress Racing (3 car team) Owner: kenkwilinski Please PM him if you want to run for this team.
- Carbonox (Points toward NW Drivers Championship) Car # TBA
- HSV-010 (Points toward NW Drivers Championship) Car # TBA
- TBA

Reserves - Mudd, Dowhat, Crazy and DriveTheGuard88

Joe Gibbs Racing (3 car team) Owner: SUfan21 (MStall) Please PM him if you want to run for this team.

#11 - TBA
#18 - TBA
#20 - TBA

Rick Ware Racing (2 car team) Owner: DrifterJoe Please PM him if you want to run for this team.

#43 - TBA
#99 - TBA

Red Bull Racing (2 car team) Owner: funkyDucks Please PM him if you want to run for this team.

#83 (Blue 2010) - TBA
#83 (Silver 2011) - TBA

JR Motorsports (2 car team) Owner: Niop Please PM 'Knelly' if you want to run for this team.

#14 - TBA
#42 - TBA

Current Schedule

Round 1 - DRIVE4COPD 300 (120 laps at Daytona Superspeedway)
Round 2 - Indy 100 (40 laps at Indy Superspeedway)
Round 3 - NASCAR Italia (20 laps at Monza No Chicane)
Round 4 - Subway Jalapeno 250 (14 laps at SSRX)
Round 5 - NASCAR Espana (50 laps at Madrid Mini)
Round 6 - Daytona 100 (40 laps at Daytona Superspeedway)
Round 7 - Southern 200 (** laps at Toscana Oval)
Round 8 - NASCAR Japan (50 laps at Suzuka East)
Round 9 - 40 at the Valley (40 laps at Grand Valley East/Reverse)
Round 10 - Brickyard 200 (80 laps at Indianapolis Superspeedway)

Last edited:
The only issue will be when I do eventually get my new stuff into gear... but I would be up for Nationwide. 👍

The only issue will be when I do eventually get my new stuff into gear... but I would be up for Nationwide. 👍

Remember if you're in the Sprint Cup you can't win points towards the drivers championship ;)

Last edited:
Remember if you're in the Sprint Cup you're not eligible to win the title ;)

I'll probably do an Elliott Sadler or Trevor Bayne especially as I cannot commit to all Sprint Cup events.

I'll probably do an Elliott Sadler or Trevor Bayne especially as I cannot commit to all Sprint Cup events.

I edited the post with the actual rule that Drop said and that NASCAR use 👍

You have to choose which title you want to go for, although Sprint Cup drivers can still earn owners points for Nationwide.

I edited the post with the actual rule that Drop said and that NASCAR use 👍

You have to choose which title you want to go for, although Sprint Cup drivers can still earn owners points for Nationwide.

Probably with me Nationwide, with the odd one-off for the Sprint cup.

Theres no need to limit yourself to the 2010 models. The difference will be the power and tires, with shorter races. Use all the cars. 👍

Theres no need to limit yourself to the 2010 models. The difference will be the power and tires, with shorter races. Use all the cars. 👍

Some of the other guys just wanted to use the 2010 cars but I agree with you, Sprint Cup uses 2010 cars anyway so there's not going to be a clear difference between the two either way.

2010 & 11 cars sounds good 👍

BTW, Furi, remember the German bloke we raced with today? Might be interested though I've got to see where this evolves. In any case, I have managed to get started with the recruitment. :gtpflag:

Do you want to limit to 12 entries, and have 12 distinct looking cars on track? Here you go:

9. #83 (blue)
10. #83 (silver)

In theory, the only 2011 you would have to use would be the silver Red Bull. But, I don't really see any reason to run only 2010 cars for the other 11 entries, as they are all basically the same. If someone would rather run the 2011 version, it shouldn't be an issue.

Also, since you would have to restrict power to no less than 453hp, you could add a little ballast if you are still wanting to slow the cars down a little more. The NASCARs tip the scales at 1565kg, so 35kg of ballast would have a 1600kg total weight. It wouldn't slow them down a lot, but would have some impact.

BTW, Furi, remember the German bloke we raced with today? Might be interested though I've got to see where this evolves. In any case, I have managed to get started with the recruitment. :gtpflag:

My FGT series will be friday probably... so should be ok. I'm leaving saturdays clear now.

Thanks Drop, I'll put them up to 1600kg to slow them down some more. I'm keeping JGR and RBR from the Sprint Cup team sheet, Ford will probably become Rick Ware, Hendrick will become Richard Childress and Stewart Ganassi will become JR Motorsports 👍

They are slow enough at 1565kg surely...

I haven't tested these yet but the point Drop is making is that there should be a very noticeable difference in power and performance between the Sprint and Nationwide cars.

You can sign me up for this. If it fills up with full time Nationwide drivers, then move me to reserve.

I personally think it would be more fun to have a change and go with the RM Camaro, RM Lexus, and the Challenger TC. This would give us the slower, but better handling cars like in real life. Maybe we should put up a poll and have a vote on it. 👍
Edit: and with these cars I think around 420bhp would be good.

Definitely put me down for this.

Out of interest how will car registration be allocated?

Are there going to be team owners or just simply sign up to any car you'd like so long as you're not in the cup series?

In order to keep it purely 2010 cars, why not get rid of the 2011 Red Bull and run two 2010s. This will definitely make it a level playing field.

RFLX - I'll put you down mate. I think although that would be good fun, as Knelly said Sprint Cup owners will be more likely to go for Nationwide drivers in S4 if they have been racing the NASCAR's in a pack for a season already.

Chqr - Still deciding about that, I think team owners would be good fun and useful for making decisions, almost like a stewards board. Thoughts?

EDIT: I'm thinking ten rounds so we wrap up as the Sprint Cup chase begins?

Not running full time in cup next season.

EDIT. Let me think about car...

Don't worry about it, nobody's snapping up the cars just yet. Until we sort out owners there'll be no sign ups for individual cars 👍

RFLX - I'll put you down mate. I think although that would be good fun, as Knelly said Sprint Cup owners will be more likely to go for Nationwide drivers in S4 if they have been racing the NASCAR's in a pack for a season already.

Chqr - Still deciding about that, I think team owners would be good fun and useful for making decisions, almost like a stewards board. Thoughts?

EDIT: I'm thinking ten rounds so we wrap up as the Sprint Cup chase begins?

You could to solve the 'who becomes team owner' situation by using the cup team owners as owners of their respective Nationwide Teams so:

Hendrick and RCR
Joe Gibbs and Joe Gibbs
Ford and Rick Ware
Red Bull and Red Bull
Stewart-Ganassi and RD

Ten rounds would be great so as Drop stated, the Cup could employ Nationwide drivers for those who didn't make the chase or can't race in the chase and have to fill in.

My <3 Schedule:

1. DRIVE4COPD 300 @ Daytona International Speedway
2. Indy 200 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway
3. SSRX
4. Suzuka East
5. Road America @ Grand Valley East / Reverse
6. High Speed Ring
7. Monza (No Chicanes) or Monza (With Chicanes in Wet)
8. Subway Jalapeno 250 @ Daytona International Speedway
9. Rome
10. Homestead Indy @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway

I'm just writing up a schedule now, in most places we are going to the same track as the Sprint Cup on the same day but there are a couple of exceptions.

And the team owner idea is a good one, it means that there is always a link between the Sprint Cup and Nationwide and if a team needs a reserve driver for the Cup they can pull up one of their Nationwide guys 👍

EDIT: Thoughts on this?

Round 1 &#8211; DRIVE4COPD 300 (120 laps at Daytona Superspeedway)
Round 2 &#8211; Indy 100 (40 laps at Indy Superspeedway)
Round 3 &#8211; NASCAR Italia (20 laps at Monza No Chicane)
Round 4 &#8211; Subway Jalapeno 250 (14 laps at SSRX)
Round 5 &#8211; NASCAR Espana (50 laps at Madrid Mini)
Round 6 &#8211; Daytona 100 (40 laps at Daytona Superspeedway)
Round 7 &#8211; Southern 200 (** laps at Toscana Oval)
Round 8 &#8211; NASCAR Japan (50 laps at Suzuka East)
Round 9 &#8211; 40 at the Valley (40 laps at Grand Valley East/Reverse)
Round 10 &#8211; Brickyard 200 (80 laps at Indianapolis Superspeedway)

Last edited:
I'm just writing up a schedule now, in most places we are going to the same track as the Sprint Cup on the same day but there are a couple of exceptions.

And the team owner idea is a good one, it means that there is always a link between the Sprint Cup and Nationwide and if a team needs a reserve driver for the Cup they can pull up one of their Nationwide guys :tup

EDIT: Thoughts on this?

Round 1 – DRIVE4COPD 300 (120 laps at Daytona Superspeedway)
Round 2 – Indy 100 (40 laps at Indy Superspeedway)
Round 3 – NASCAR Italia (20 laps at Monza No Chicane)
Round 4 – Subway Jalapeno 250 (14 laps at SSRX)
Round 5 – NASCAR Espana (50 laps at Madrid Mini)
Round 6 – Daytona 100 (40 laps at Daytona Superspeedway)
Round 7 – Southern 200 (** laps at Toscana Oval)
Round 8 – NASCAR Japan (50 laps at Suzuka East)
Round 9 – 40 at the Valley (40 laps at Grand Valley East/Reverse)
Round 10 – Brickyard 200 (80 laps at Indianapolis Superspeedway)

Boom hole in one. You, sir have a talent in hosting series.

Love the Race Names too.

I just can't wait for the draft so we'll know who we're all driving for.

Boom hole in one. You, sir have a talent in hosting series.

Love the Race Names too.

I just can't wait for the draft so we'll know who we're all driving for.

Yeehaw, can't wait :D

I've let the Sprint Cup guys know about the team owner idea and the draft.

Owning and managing a Nationwide team might be more than Sprint Cup team owners want to take on. What about having Nationwide drivers sign up to drive whatever car they want, without any team owners. They can team up, and drive with a friend, but neither driver would own the team. It would be more of an equal partnership between teammates.

Owning and managing a Nationwide team might be more than Sprint Cup team owners want to take on. What about having Nationwide drivers sign up to drive whatever car they want, without any team owners. They can team up, and drive with a friend, but neither driver would own the team. It would be more of an equal partnership between teammates.

Agreed.

I already have my car picked and ready, going to start testing it...

EDIT:

I have the keys to the 2010 #42 Chevrolet Impala...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back